Change in Terms & Conditions - New Agreements on the Sprint 4G (WiMAX) Network

NightShift

So, now that the deal is complete, what does that mean for this policy?  Can I get a free LTE hotspot to replace my Wimax hotspot?  I have 1 year left on the contract.

I haven't heard any word yet on what Sprint plans to do with the Wimax customers like myself.  I really hope they offer a free LTE device to kick us off of Wimax.  I think it helps both sides since Sprint really needs to refarm more 2.5 spectrum to be able to add a 2nd 20 MHz TD-LTE carrier.

I called to ask about this, of course I had to talk to Telesales, which is still apparently out sourced, and it was hard to understand. But they seemed to say that since I don't have Wimax available at my home, that it doesn't apply to me. But I don't see why that matters- what if I commute to an area with Wimax everyday?

For some reason some customer agents don't understand its not where you live at, its the market. If they shut down the market from Wimax, they will start to contact those customers by bill, text, and email. Its going to be in select markets, not everyone at once. (That's what I've been hearing when I ask for updates on this)

Edited by SeanK_

I think it helps both sides since Sprint really needs to refarm more 2.5 spectrum to be able to add a 2nd 20 MHz TD-LTE carrier.

Sprint does not need a second 20 MHz TDD carrier until WiMAX is officially shut down.

AJ

I called to ask about this, of course I had to talk to Telesales, which is still apparently out sourced, and it was hard to understand. But they seemed to say that since I don't have Wimax available at my home, that it doesn't apply to me. But I don't see why that matters- what if I commute to an area with Wimax everyday?

Call back. Option 4, then 5, then 6. That'll get to to "not telesales" hopefully.

Basically, if WiMAX ends, and you have a WiMAX device, they'll more than likely give you a new LTE device.

Call back. Option 4, then 5, then 6. That'll get to to "not telesales" hopefully.

Basically, if WiMAX ends, and you have a WiMAX device, they'll more than likely give you a new LTE device.

If you are calling about WiMAX, I heard that this is the hold music...

AJ

• Like 2

So, they probably won't do anything now?

I'm in the Philadelphia market.  Maybe once they announce Philadelphia live with LTE (tomorrow!) it would be different?

Folks, wimax isnt going away any time soon.

I wouldn't think so either, James; unless our new masters in Japan are in a rush to catch up with the Evil Axis; they might

gamble with a few po'd wimax consumers like myself if they thought it would shave a year off the true potential of NV;

I would consider myself collateral damage in this as I use wimax every day

I wouldn't think so either, James; unless our new masters in Japan are in a rush to catch up with the Evil Axis; they might

gamble with a few po'd wimax consumers like myself if they thought it would shave a year off the true potential of NV;

I would consider myself collateral damage in this as I use wimax every day

Its not just sprint customers, they also have agreements with virgin and boost.

Its not just sprint customers, they also have agreements with virgin and boost.

I wouldn't quite characterize them as agreements.  Sprint owns those brands.  But it's better to refer to them as Sprint's Virgin and Boost customers who still utilize the WiMax network.  However, Clearwire does have other third party WiMax contracts.  FreedomPop comes to mind first.

Robert

I wouldn't quite characterize them as agreements. Sprint owns those brands. But it's better to refer to them as Sprint's Virgin and Boost customers who still utilize the WiMax network. However, Clearwire does have other third party WiMax contracts. FreedomPop comes to mind first.

Robert

EarthLink is another. I think NetZero too. They can't rush the end of WiMax.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

I wouldn't quite characterize them as agreements.  Sprint owns those brands.  But it's better to refer to them as Sprint's Virgin and Boost customers who still utilize the WiMax network.  However, Clearwire does have other third party WiMax contracts.  FreedomPop comes to mind first.

Robert

Right, should have added "customers" at the end there :)

Plenty of people are still using wimax, so much that any discussion of shutting down shouldnt be relevant for another year.