IOS7 Announcement at WWDC

nobius

Guys, who often do new betas come out?

Is it a monthly thing?

Usually every two weeks or so. Normally they arrive on Mondays or Fridays.

Sent from my iPhone 5 running iOS 7

Oh really? That's awesome. I was worried I'd have to live with the buggy software for a bit :)

Oh really? That's awesome. I was worried I'd have to live with the buggy software for a bit :)

Nope, beta releases are aggressive in nature so that they can work out most of the bugs, if not all, by release day.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Keep up with the Betas tho. When they get a couple out they will start deactivating the old ones! I bricked an iPad one time by not staying on the latest beta.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Keep up with the Betas tho. When they get a couple out they will start deactivating the old ones! I bricked an iPad one time by not staying on the latest beta.

Yup. Usually it is safe to skip a beta or two because the beta expiration date is far enough in advance that a few betas will come and go before that date is hit. For example, Beta 1 is hardcoded to expire on July 24th, there will at least be two more betas during that time. Having done every beta since iOS 4, I would recommend holding off on upgrading the beta until reports are out on any serious bugs.

For what it's worth I was able to downgrade back to 6.1.4 relatively easily. The battery drain on iOS7 was killing me, by noon my phone was nearly dead with moderate to low use. iOS7 is fun to play with (and i will continue to upgrade to future beta versions), but I can't be so tethered to a charging cord at work.

For what it's worth I was able to downgrade back to 6.1.4 relatively easily. The battery drain on iOS7 was killing me, by noon my phone was nearly dead with moderate to low use. iOS7 is fun to play with (and i will continue to upgrade to future beta versions), but I can't be so tethered to a charging cord at work.

Any luck on downgrading back to 6.1.2 or lower for jailbreak? Or the furthest you could go back down was .1.4? I am hesitant to give my jailbreak on my i5. Still playing with it on the 4s. Worried if I go up to ios7 I won't be able to get back to .1.2

Any luck on downgrading back to 6.1.2 or lower for jailbreak? Or the furthest you could go back down was .1.4? I am hesitant to give my jailbreak on my i5. Still playing with it on the 4s. Worried if I go up to ios7 I won't be able to get back to .1.2

I didn't try to go back to 6.1.2, but the website I downloaded 6.1.4 from said you aren't able to because Apple is only allowing 6.1.4 (probably due to the jailbreak). Unrelated to the beta iOS7 situation, a month or so ago I inadvertently upgraded from my JB to 6.1.3 and tried to go back but was not successful. Only go up if you're willing to part ways with your JB.

I didn't try to go back to 6.1.2, but the website I downloaded 6.1.4 from said you aren't able to because Apple is only allowing 6.1.4 (probably due to the jailbreak). Unrelated to the beta iOS7 situation, a month or so ago I inadvertently upgraded from my JB to 6.1.3 and tried to go back but was not successful. Only go up if you're willing to part ways with your JB.

I figured that! I will stick with 7 on my 4s and just wait for gold master, and the jailbreak I assume shortly to follow.

I wouldn't try iOS 7 yet:

http://www.imore.com/hey-you-one-running-ios-7-beta-when-you-really-shouldnt-be-stay-classy

Also, anyone that says it's an Android copy is looking at this from a design perspective I really have to disagree with.

If anything it's a toned down yet three dimensional version of what Apple was already doing. iOS 7 may be even more skeuomorphic than iOS 6 is. Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Graphics are from Apple Insider.

• Like 1

I won't use iOS 7 until it's final as I use my iPad and iPhone too much for work and can't afford for them to be flakey.

And don't say the A word or they come running.

I wouldn't try iOS 7 yet:

http://www.imore.com/hey-you-one-running-ios-7-beta-when-you-really-shouldnt-be-stay-classy

Also, anyone that says it's an Android copy is looking at this from a design perspective I really have to disagree with.

If anything it's a toned down yet three dimensional version of what Apple was already doing. iOS 7 may be even more skeuomorphic than iOS 6 is. 3a2uvusa.jpgura3yreh.jpgytebutud.jpgequmemyq.jpg

Graphics are from Apple Insider.

Eh I prefer to have drop down menu's. Not 2 photos per screen lol. They kinda copied android, but changed the squares to circles. Made it so it doesn't entirely look like an obvious RIP from Android. Sad though lol

i have the new beta, does have some bugs but so far i do like the new interface. so when apple releases the actual software, will it be wise to downgrade back to iOS6 then update? i dont have a dev account Lol.

iOS 7 beta 2 (iPad 3) is getting on my nerves today. Went looking into new features and the bugs are popping out.

Keep in mind I know it's a Beta and these are minor, but in my mind MUST be fixed.

Cons:

To list a few:

1.) The lag in the keyboard in most if not all apps. The switch from alpha to the numerical keyboard is really laggy.

2.) In safari the scrolling flickers. When you scroll down the list of S4GRU threads ;-) too fast the page gets chopped up in black flickering bars.

3.) Siri's voice has changed twice now on its own.....to some German accented English. I had to disable then re-enable Siri to get it to revert back. (The United States English option did not fix it)

4.) WiFi......several times the wifi has list connection. I then told it to reconnect but it just sat with the spinning loading star. Required reboot to get it to auto connect.

5.) In the photos app....all ur pics saved from the web to the iPad are grouped in the home collection. Would like it to separate them as their own collection.

6.) The heat issue from beta 1 on the 4s seems to be better, but the battery drain on beta 2 is still intense.

7.) When u redownload apps from the AppStore purchased section, some show as being on ur iPad already but you cannot find the app anywhere. However if you go into the App Store it allows you to "open" it from there.

Pros:

1.) I like the flattened out look. The icons are brighter.

2.) Siri seems to be far more accurate in pulling up specific web data. Especially wiki data. (The new voice is smoother, softer)

3.) The collections in the photo app are concise any when searching for pics and vids from specific dates and events.(The one exception being the con listed above).

4.) The "jailbreak like" control center. It is pretty simple and really not that buggy. Controlling things on the fly without having to hunt thru the settings app, is cool.

There are plenty of things I do like about the new iOS, but right now I am looking mainly for bugs, so I can report them back and help make 7 more stable.

This is in no way an apple bashing post! I love all my iDevices. Just looking to see if anyone is have these same issues. Will post more as I find em.

Peace,

Daniel J.

• Like 1

I'm excited to hear about all the new features. I'm really looking forward to iOS 7 when it's released this fall. :)

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Update:

I cannot air drop as I am in beta on my old 4s and my iPad 3. Air drop isn't supported on anything lower than the pad 4 the iPhone 5 and the latest iPod touch. I'm not ready to risk running beta on my i5 to test air drop. I could use mine and the wife's i5s to check it out but I think I will wait for a cpl more betas first.

• Like 2

Not to hijack the thread. But quickly, I figured out how to display my signal strength without having to install anything from cydia! Yayyyy!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372466702.523734.jpg

*note this is on my i5. Not the iDevices running ios7.