Rumor: Sprint may be preparing to release their own Android flagship phone

kckid

"Rumors have been floating around lately that Sprint is looking to release a 5-inch Android flagship device of their own, and thanks to undisclosed sources it looks like they may be true."

The Sprint Vital is packing a 5-inch 720p display, dual-core S4 processor, 1GB of RAM, 13MP camera, 8GB of internal with micro SD card slot, NFC, 2,500mAh battery, and finally, all running on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.

http://www.androidguys.com/2013/06/05/rumor-sprint-may-be-preparing-to-release-their-own-android-flagship-phone/

Good Idea?

• Like 1

If it's made by ZTE, is it really Sprint's own phone? Just sounds like the ZTE branding is removed. Does Sprint think the ZTE brand is not a good seller? If so, they're probably right. Specs sound just ehhh, and it's only dual core. Flagship? That's so 2012.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 5

That is not much of a flagship...

JB 4.1?

8GB internal storage?

1GB RAM? Dual core processor?

That was a flagship 18 months ago...

• Like 2

That is not much of a flagship...

JB 4.1?

8GB internal storage?

1GB RAM? Dual core processor?

That was a flagship 18 months ago...

Taking a page out of the fruit company's rule book? 

Watch this phone be the first 800LTE device and be a huge piece of garbage in the realworld RF dept.

• Like 6

Watch this phone be the first 800LTE device and be a huge piece of garbage in the realworld RF dept.

Best yet this phone is definitely coming from a less prominent phone manufacturer (based on pictures/specs) than any of Sprint's current lineup.  I say let it be the first tri-band; Sell it for 29$ subsidized, wholesale buy them for under $250, call it a $400 phone & make it the cheapest way to switch to Sprint and get a Tri-band device/network.  

New/Upgrade $99.99 after a $50 MIR (MSRP $349.99)

5" screen claims it is "break/scratch resistant"

13mp primary 1mp front cam

3G/4GLTE (No mention of any other specifics yet)

1GB RAM/ 8GB ROM

1.5 Dual Core

4.2 Jellybean

2500mah battery

IMO looks like an LG built phone. 

Launches 6/14

Remember the Kyocera Echo?   :lol:

Right up there with the EVO 3D...  I've said "told you so" many times just like on 3D TVs.  I'm so glad we are seeing a downturn of 3D movies at the theaters finally. 

• Like 1

If you look, almost all ZTE and Huawei phones have been rebranded as "Sprint", with the Sprint Flash, the Sprint Force, the Sprint Express...

OMG thanks for saying that (note sarcasm).  Ugh.  If so I would SO commit suicide.  But I have a gut feeling you may be correct.  I never thought I'd say this, but I hope I'm wrong!

If it was tri-band and no other tribands were yet announced or imminent when it hit the streets, I would buy it if the cash price was $400 or less. I gotta have the first triband device. I have a reputation to uphold. Well, I might lose it if I buy a ZTE. :)

Robert from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 10

I gotta have the first triband device.

You are like "Seinfeld" talking about the movie, "Cocoon: The Return."  Why did they come back?

Maybe they came back for Chinese food.  You know Maureen Stapleton, if she gets a craving, she’s probably screamin’ at those aliens, “I gotta have a lo mein!”

Sorry, no obscure clip this time...

:P

AJ

• Like 3

Could it be an updated version of the The ZTE Quantum?

http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=specs&id=4364&view=1&c=sprint_zte_n8910_quantum

Not updated. It's the Sprint rebranded Quantum.

And rumor has it that AT&T is getting its own version too. Twitter user @evleaks posted a picture yesterday or today regarding it.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

I think we're safe from it being the first tri-band LTE phone on Sprint. It's just another phone in the Flash/Force/I want a high class looking phone but don't want to pay for it series.

• Like 2

I think we're safe from it being the first tri-band LTE phone on Sprint. It's just another phone in the Flash/Force/I want a high class looking phone but don't want to pay for it series.

For a price matching the Samsung Galaxy S3 or the LG Optimus G, why wouldn't you go with one of those?

If it's made by ZTE, is it really Sprint's own phone? Just sounds like the ZTE branding is removed. Does Sprint think the ZTE brand is not a good seller? If so, they're probably right. Specs sound just ehhh, and it's only dual core. Flagship? That's so 2012.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

All Sprint-branded devices are Chinese made (ZTE, Huawei, etc.). Average Americans don't really trust the Chinese, so no Chinese phone advertising.

P.S. It's made by ZTE.

The flash has been a huge seller around here since it dropped to free out the door last Friday. Lots of cheap customers have got it since it looks nice and has 4g.I have never seen one sold before the price drop so can't really say if it's good.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

The flash has been a huge seller around here since it dropped to free out the door last Friday. Lots of cheap customers have got it since it looks nice and has 4g.I have never seen one sold before the price drop so can't really say if it's good.

Huh, so it is free. Our store hasn't had them on display for quite a while. I suppose if we got them in stock, it'd be a nice alternative to the iPhone 4 in the Free category. I just, well, don't like selling ZTE phones. Quality reasons.

New/Upgrade $99.99 after a $50 MIR (MSRP $349.99)

5" screen claims it is "break/scratch resistant"

13mp primary 1mp front cam

3G/4GLTE (No mention of any other specifics yet)

1GB RAM/ 8GB ROM

1.5 Dual Core

4.2 Jellybean

2500mah battery

IMO looks like an LG built phone. 

Launches 6/14

Launches 6/14??? Do you mean 6/13?

It boggles my mind how so many people who can afford to spend $110 dollars a month on their cell phone plan can't save up $200 to get the top end phones.  You're gonna spend over $2500 during your contract on your phone and you're gonna settle for a sluggish, outdated device just to save $200?

• Like 1

It boggles my mind how so many people who can afford to spend $110 dollars a month on their cell phone plan can't save up $200 to get the top end phones. You're gonna spend over $2500 during your contract on your phone and you're gonna settle for a sluggish, outdated device just to save $200?

Welcome to everyday of my life.....lol

• Like 1