PRL 25015/56015/51097

Mooeydj

Not sure what you mean, but just because there are scans means only a step to getting 800SMR.  Not a lick of 800SMR around my area no matter the SID as I've been scanning for any SID on 800SMR, regardless of being very close to 3G/4G accepted and active sites.

That's exactly right, once a site is accepted for SMR, a phone will connect to it.  My hidden channel comment was in regards to SID 22429 that is currently being used for testing, I didn't phrase that very well, sorry.

I first read that these were included. I was shocked to see Puerto Rico/Virgin Islands in there. Then I reread your post and see you say these are the only 4 NOT in the latest PRL to scan 800. Oops. :lol:

22449 and 22450 are no surprise to me. These are PR/VI with no 800 and nTelos land with no 800. However, the first two kind of surprise me. Parts of 22433 get 800 and all of 22429.

This PRL makes me think that starting June 30th, all site acceptances are going to start including CDMA 800, whether 3G or LTE is accepted first. And they probably are going to go back and fire up CDMA 800 quickly on existing completed sites too. Come on June 30th!

Robert via Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Maybe I should go back and bold it in red for others ;)

Yes, the stage is set and the excitement is building!!  I know the recent push in our area to 3G accept previous 4G sites probably has something to do with this but that trend died off.  The 800 CDMA 1x is truly going to be a game changer then so is 800LTE once again.  It is the one of the major things I'm waiting to test out in my area as it will weigh heavily if I get into another contract with Sprint or not.

EDIT:  Fixed my previous post to bold the NOT in red and big letters.

• Like 2

That's exactly right, once a site is accepted for SMR, a phone will connect to it.  My hidden channel comment was in regards to SID 22429 that is currently being used for testing, I didn't phrase that very well, sorry.

Unless you have an iPhone5 it won't.

Yes, the stage is set and the excitement is building!!  I know the recent push in our area to 3G accept previous 4G sites probably has something to do with this but that trend died off.  The 800 CDMA 1x is truly going to be a game changer then so is 800LTE once again.  It is the one of the major things I'm waiting to test out in my area as it will weigh heavily if I get into another contract with Sprint or not.

Digiblur,

I am out traveling around today.  Going south on I-81from Southern Pennsylvania to Maryland and Virginia. (Shentel Territory)

Have 800 CDMA 1X almost everywhere.   It is very active in Shentel territory.  Coverage is fantastic. Levels are very good.

I surely would not leave Sprint because of a coverage problem in this area.  Hopefully your area will soon catch up.  When you see active 800 in your area, you will smile.  Looks very very good here.

I have been able to drive by some sites that are not upgraded to NV yet while holding onto the 800 signal and ignoring the old 1900 coming from the old legacy sites.  Had good levels while doing this too. I have not been testing this out very long, but I see lots of good things.

• Like 4

Fort Wayne already has 800SMR in the stock PRL so I wouldn't worry about any PRL updates at all.

How do you know if you're connected to 800SMR (just for future reference)

-Luis

SignalCheck app is the easiest way. The dev is a member here.

Or check your 1x engineering for 224xx SIDs.

Sent from my little Note2

• Like 3

How do you know if you're connected to 800SMR (just for future reference)

-Luis

Dialer(Keypad) For Samsung

##debug# passcode is 777468

and then 1x engineering screen(lol samsung has it spelled wrong)

Dialer(Keypad) For Samsung

##debug# passcode is 777468

and then 1x engineering screen(lol samsung has it spelled wrong)

I have the HTC ONE, and I didn't need the passcode lol...

Now what am I looking for in particular?

-Luis

I first read that these were included. I was shocked to see Puerto Rico/Virgin Islands in there. Then I reread your post and see you say these are the only 4 NOT in the latest PRL to scan 800. Oops. :lol:

22449 and 22450 are no surprise to me. These are PR/VI with no 800 and nTelos land with no 800. However, the first two kind of surprise me. Parts of 22433 get 800 and all of 22429.

This PRL makes me think that starting June 30th, all site acceptances are going to start including CDMA 800, whether 3G or LTE is accepted first. And they probably are going to go back and fire up CDMA 800 quickly on existing completed sites too. Come on June 30th!

Robert via Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Yeah, nTelos doesn't care what anyone else is doing regarding 800mhz.  I wonder what will happen in nTelos-land here once Nextel is shut down.  Is that under the exclusivity agreement as well?  I think Sprint can do 4G-related things here, but anything other than that has to be nTelos-run.

I have the HTC ONE, and I didn't need the passcode lol...

Now what am I looking for in particular?

-Luis

I didn't need the passcode on my Samsung either...lol

Scroll up a few posts from yours.

• Like 2

digiblur, I edited the title of this thread earlier today.  In this new PRL series, are we dealing with 56015 or 55015?

AJ

digiblur, I edited the title of this thread earlier today. In this new PRL series, are we dealing with 56015 or 55015?

AJ

I have really lost track since they have like 3 or 4 flavors of each device type. It's like 6 or 7 types... Maybe more.

I have really lost track since they have like 3 or 4 flavors of each device type. It's like 6 or 7 types... Maybe more.

I believe there are 6 or so different PRL "types" currently used, keeping corporate-specific PRLs out of the listing.

Each should have the same naming convention xxx97 etc.

3G only

3G/4G WiMax

3G/4G LTE

iPhone 4 (has its own due to differences in PRL design requirements, used to be the same as standard files but changed due to optimization)

Aircards

GSM World capable devices for flavoring as well

I may be wrong on some of these, not at work currently to look at the PRL listing. Can't access S4GRU from behind the firewall... ironically it was blocked in the "sports" category. Can access ESPN and NBA though, yay licensing.

The prl that you made for sponsors is still better IMO ;)

I believe there are 6 or so different PRL "types" currently used, keeping corporate-specific PRLs out of the listing.

Each should have the same naming convention xxx97 etc.

3G only

3G/4G WiMax

3G/4G LTE

iPhone 4 (has its own due to differences in PRL design requirements, used to be the same as standard files but changed due to optimization)

Aircards

GSM World capable devices for flavoring as well

I may be wrong on some of these, not at work currently to look at the PRL listing. Can't access S4GRU from behind the firewall... ironically it was blocked in the "sports" category. Can access ESPN and NBA though, yay licensing.

I thought they combined the older CDMA 1X/EV legacy phones and Aircards finally?

This is pretty awesome. Upgraded my sister's PRL on her GS3, and having "legitimate" access to the ESMR stuff is great. She reported massively reduced dropped calls.

• Like 1

I thought they combined the older CDMA 1X/EV legacy phones and Aircards finally?

They may have, I'll take a look and see what I can find next time I'm at work. I'm pretty sure I saw a file somewhere that actually spelled out exactly what types of devices used each PRL.

• Like 1

digi, is there any reason why PRL 51097 would lead to more time spent on 1xrtt than 3g as compared to before?  Perhaps coincidence with some tower upgrades in NYC that is impacting this comparison, but after the PRL updated, I found myself with 1xrtt where before there was 3g.

Thanks

digi, is there any reason why PRL 51097 would lead to more time spent on 1xrtt than 3g as compared to before? Perhaps coincidence with some tower upgrades in NYC that is impacting this comparison, but after the PRL updated, I found myself with 1xrtt where before there was 3g.

Thanks

No reason other than upgrades.

digi, is there any reason why PRL 51097 would lead to more time spent on 1xrtt than 3g as compared to before? Perhaps coincidence with some tower upgrades in NYC that is impacting this comparison, but after the PRL updated, I found myself with 1xrtt where before there was 3g.

Thanks

This is something that I suppose can happen during NV rollout, for two reasons: (1) 3G is saturated and 1x is ironically actually faster for you -- this is one of the main points of NV, and it will be interesting how the sub base responds: I understand it and I still reflexively toggle airplane mode when I see the dreaded circle symbolizing 1x; (2) NV-upgraded 3G is brought online in clusters, and in the interim, you may wind up instead on adjacent 1x as they tweak it.

I also have been seeing that damned circle ALOT more often lately. I am reserving judgement until they progress further in my area and this 800SMR switchover wraps. It is certainly true that, when I force back onto 3G, it is dismally unusable, so I suppose the NV optimization algorithms may be functioning as designed...

It is noteworthy that, afaict, calls don't drop, SMS goes thru, and the time to initiate a call is much better (a few seconds vice 15+ seconds with frequent failures). Data, however, is sloooowwww.

Edited by Txmtx