Network Vision/LTE - Rochester Market (Rochester, New York)

S4GRU

I would believe that if they didnt tell me that new ones were put up a month ago

sent from my GS3

Those people on the support hotlines are pretty much trained to feed you any bullshit necessary to pacify you, and most wireless providers and other low level service reps from tons of companies are more or less the same way. Some of the information they hand out is just straight wrong, either because they don't have the information to give you, they don't know how to give it to you, or they are trained not to give it to you and just to try and make you feel better every time you call.

The things they're doing are real, however. I've seen the tower work myself and witnessed some pretty incredible speeds on the new Sprint network in other parts of the country and even in the Rochester area.

Nobody is saying you have to stick with Sprint, but they are putting a huge investment into their network right now and speeds/reliability are absolutely going to improve. I've seen it firsthand and it's documented very heavily on this site.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Your are right but those upgrades are only concentrated to Henrietta and thats documented too

sent from my GS3

For now, but the upgrades will keep coming to other areas in the city, it just takes time and patience. Also, they are doing an overhaul of all equipment, not just small upgrades.

I know I'm absolutely beating the crap out of this dead horse at this point but...

As a consumer - I (we) have all heard over and over to put on our big boy pants and be patient. Some of us waiting for what seems like a good year or more.

As a retailer - Myself and select other reps that actually have a clue as to what is going on have had to tell you to put on your big boy pants and be patient for the better part of 2 years. 

Take a look around the completed maps and SEE that Sprint has busted its proverbial ass doing work son. It's not as if your being told that things are moving along without some concrete data to back it up. 

I recently made my yearly pilgrimage to OCMD for H2oi ( Any Vdub brothers here?) and the drive through Eastern PA was an amazing Sprint experience. It fortified for me that Sprint was worth waiting for.

Verizon in Rochester is king, there is no denying that. They offer an outstanding product at a premium cost. Do you NEED unlimited data? No, of course not. Average users consume less then 2GB's a month of cellular data. Is it worth paying $20-$70 more a month to have 4G LTE today? I don't know, I don't know your life. Are you going to pay your outrages ETF and jump ship? OF fkn course you aren't. 

I bitch and moan as much as the next guy and Sprint pays my GD bills! Take a step back, breath deep, spend a few minutes and take a good long look at the completed maps and realize that in the end you will have your reward.

• Like 2

Not that its relevant anymore but the Xerox issue was equipment related and not due to Network Vision / Spark.

I don't remember who originally brought it up here but I'm interested to know if you know about our store location on Ridge?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Yes, I bought my wife and daughter's iPhones there .. bought my S4 elsewhere, though you tried to say how much better iOS devices are than Android, I prefer Android myself.

I stopped by this week when I had the problem to see if you guys knew about it.

Yes, I bought my wife and daughter's iPhones there .. bought my S4 elsewhere, though you tried to say how much better iOS devices are than Android, I prefer Android myself.

I stopped by this week when I had the problem to see if you guys knew about it.

Did I try to say it or did I flat out say it? LOL

I stick by my decision to support iOS as the more stable, more intuitive OS.

I was actually sick the day service went down so I didn't get the reports until the issue was already resolved.

More importantly... No new acceptance reports? Im over this...

Did I try to say it or did I flat out say it? LOL

I stick by my decision to support iOS as the more stable, more intuitive OS.

I was actually sick the day service went down so I didn't get the reports until the issue was already resolved.

More importantly... No new acceptance reports? Im over this...

You pretty much said anybody buying an Android is an idiot.   Well, you didn't quite say that but I knew you were thinking it.   :)

You pretty much said anybody buying an Android is an idiot. Well, you didn't quite say that but I knew you were thinking it. :)

The best part is that I still carry an Android phone HAHAHAHAHAHA

Someday when Apple allows its users to have a bigger screen and a little more freedom inside the software I'll be just another idiot.

The best part is that I still carry an Android phone HAHAHAHAHAHA

Someday when Apple allows its users to have a bigger screen and a little more freedom inside the software I'll be just another idiot.

I have an S3 and I must say I love the hardware but I really dislike anything other than stock android like what's on my nexus 7. I don't buy apple products because I prefer android, but I respect anyone's choice to buy the device that meets their needs the best.

They each have their ups and downs. Android offers increased potential for customization and a more robust feature set at the cost of simplicity, while iOS offers a more streamlined and user friendly user experience and an exceptionally clean design at the cost of customization potential and freedom to do whatever you want inside the software.

• Like 1

My data connection has been lousy for about three weeks here off of Brighton-Henrietta TL road, near Winton.  Today the connection reached a new low. It is so slow now that Hotspot is totally useless.

Here are some speed tests from today. (The first one listed is from about a month ago.  It wasn't great but at least somewhat usable. The second one was from last week. Even slower but at least slightly usable. The rest were from today. Total garbage. All readings taken from precisely the same spot with 3-4 bars of signal.  I had to move the phone to take the screenshot, it dropped to one bar for the screenshot.)

i-qZhSxK3-L.png

The Sprint app on my S4 has a service notice that the tower I frequently use has started the network vision upgrades.  I live in a dead spot in Fairport and normally have just 1 bar so I have a Airave at my house so I can actually use the phone.  I noticed today when in the neighborhood but away from the Airave I was getting 5 bars of signal.   So something is happening good (I think) in Fairport.

Picked up LTE on 104 east from Dewey to the 590 split.

Told you all that one was getting worked on! :-D

*win*

Happy Thanksgiving to all you fellow tech nerds as well!

• Like 1

Picked up LTE at the Irondequoit Target

I was doing some driving around and it seems like NE City and South Irondequoit is getting LTE.  I did have Sensorly turned on but it looks like my data is still being uploaded and plotted.

I'm picking up LTE (1-2 bars) at my apartment off east ave, but I don't pick up the signal outside my apartment. I'm on the 10th floor and believe it is connecting to a tower near 104. I even had around 5mb/sec but that's only if I leave my phone by the window. There are two towers near me on culver and near east ave at 490. Does anyone know if those will be active with LTE anytime soon?

I had LTE (3 bars) on Hudson Ave at Ave D today, in our 3rd floor conference room. Only 0.5 MBS though.

Sensorly is show strong LTE at 104/Genesee River.  I believe that is what I picked up.

Still 3G in the parking lot.  We have Sprint antennas on our building.  They took away their old equipment last week.

Much to my surprise LTE popped up at 12:43 today. It was there and gone before I was able to get a speed test.

I'm in Gates, near Buffalo and Elmgrove.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Maybe upgrades there are close to happening?

Too bad, my wife use to live over there and we got married and she moved in with me.