Network Vision/LTE - Rochester Market (Rochester, New York)

S4GRU

Interesting that I actually picked up LTE briefly on Mt. Hope right near Highland Ave. So there is another tower closer to the city that seems to have it.

Just noticed this via Sensorly today.. pretty sure thats a brand new spot being reported. Not sure if thats the tower that would service me in the Winton/Monroe area, but there's finally hope!

grabbed this this evening while standing just inside Walmart in Henrietta - server it connected me to was in the mid-west for some reason, and i couldn't change to anything local - closest was Illinois. odd. but still, hell of a lot better than the 0.8mbps i see in other area

post-26839-0-76724400-1382324004_thumb.png

Posted Image

I was able to grab this speedtest in the car on 390 today, I thought it was pretty incredible and I'm thoroughly impressed.

I also saw a guy up in the tower by where 104 and 590 meet, installing brand new panels. I wish I had gotten a photo for proof but I wasn't quite quick enough. I'm positive it was a Sprint tower though, sponsors can check the map and see which tower I mean, it hasn't been accepted yet.

I think network vision is about to hit Rochester like a thunder, let's watch it light up fellas!!

Sent from my Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 4

• Like 2

I haven't left the Rochester area this month but have a little LTE data for my HTC One for October.   I'm assuming it was in Henrietta like others above stated.

I did experience some LTE speeds in NYC, Boston, and Philly in the past.  Can't wait.

I just downloaded SignalCheck Pro and already have sensorly installed.  I will post anything I pick up.  I live in Brighton near 12 corners.  

• Like 1

Finally saw 4G in Henrietta at Red Creek/Calkins. It lit up, but disappeared before I could do a speed test. Also, my voice service (not data) has started roaming in my house. Hope that's due to work on the tower at 590/104 mentioned above.

• Like 1

Finally saw 4G in Henrietta at Red Creek/Calkins. It lit up, but disappeared before I could do a speed test. Also, my voice service (not data) has started roaming in my house. Hope that's due to work on the tower at 590/104 mentioned above.

Probably is! There was a guy in a harness installing what looked like new panels to me when I was in that spot. Hopefully they wrap it up soon and you get some LTE! :-D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Probably is! There was a guy in a harness installing what looked like new panels to me when I was in that spot. Hopefully they wrap it up soon and you get some LTE! :-D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Hope so! Starting to see real progress.....

I had roaming show up in Penfield yesterday... was on Plank Road where I usually get 2 bars or so.  I pulled up Signal Check Pro and it said I was roaming on AT&T.  Has anyone seen that before?  Does not really make sense (GSM vs CDMA). 

I had roaming show up in Penfield yesterday... was on Plank Road where I usually get 2 bars or so.  I pulled up Signal Check Pro and it said I was roaming on AT&T.  Has anyone seen that before?  Does not really make sense (GSM vs CDMA). 

In some places I have been shown to roam on AT&T as well, I think it's probably a fluke. The few times it's said that to me, it changed carrier again in a few seconds (did not stay on AT&T).

In some places I have been shown to roam on AT&T as well, I think it's probably a fluke. The few times it's said that to me, it changed carrier again in a few seconds (did not stay on AT&T).

I have one better than that...

Posted Image

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I was getting 4g lte out Rt259 (Union St) almost to North Road 20mb down and a little over 2mb up!! It was just south of the Thruway on Rt 259. I didn't want to leave! I also was picking it up at Cracker Barrel in Henrietta. I have a Note2. -Jeff

• Like 1

Posted Image

Best 3G speeds I think I've ever seen on Sprint, lol. Was all over Greece today as well and no LTE yet. This speedtest was taken in Rush.

I am curious how all of the sites marked 3G complete don't seem to have new RRU's, do the increased speeds come from just cabinets and backhaul or what?

Sent from my Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 4