Network Vision/LTE - Rochester Market (Rochester, New York)

S4GRU

THe tower I connect to in and around work in Henrietta, the one near 390 and calkins, was dropping data and phone all day today.  I think that tower is going live soon!  It may be the one LDG28 was connecting to..

I left at 2pm tho so it may have gone up after that

Edited by psu2fan

I live in Canandaigua, nothing here.... Oh and by the way no one commented on my post not long ago!! What the heck?! I quoted what I wrote about a month ago... I was hoping someone would have some insight on this...  

"Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:10 AM

I should just mention I live in Canandaigua, NY the tower is on the north side of the city is where I live... (I live with in a block of the cell site, I just don't know how to find the cell site ID). I just went up to that cell site and noticed three (3) new antennas one for each sector (two antennas on each sector direction, one set points north-west, another points south- east, and last south west (all approximately)."

I was unable to quote myself I tried "quote button and would not let me for some reason so I copy and pasted with time and date. 

Posted Image

Managed to grab this standing with my phone right in the window today, still no idea where it is coming from as this is the only place I've ever been able to hold onto a strong enough signal that it doesn't go back to 3G.

I also put some speedtests in Sensorly for Honeoye Falls from the spot where I am.

Sent from my Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 4

• Like 1

I live in Canandaigua, nothing here.... Oh and by the way no one commented on my post not long ago!! What the heck?! I quoted what I wrote about a month ago... I was hoping someone would have some insight on this...  

"Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:10 AM

I should just mention I live in Canandaigua, NY the tower is on the north side of the city is where I live... (I live with in a block of the cell site, I just don't know how to find the cell site ID). I just went up to that cell site and noticed three (3) new antennas one for each sector (two antennas on each sector direction, one set points north-west, another points south- east, and last south west (all approximately)."

I was unable to quote myself I tried "quote button and would not let me for some reason so I copy and pasted with time and date.

Not sure were you are looking for the cell site id at. Tower some pic show site id on the gate. You can find it on the market map or nv complete map in the sponsor section on this forum. On your phone you can go into the engineering screens and find base ID, node ID, and sector.

I am wondering if the LTE signal I am getting from my house is bouncing off the metal window frame or something, seems that I only get LTE signal in a very short area around it, and the signal is only strong enough to keep right in the middle of the window frame lol...

Just seems unreasonable that I would get an LTE signal so far from the upgraded sites, anyone have any thoughts on why it would propagate only in my window frame? Maybe it is acting like an antenna of sorts.

This is such a tease, Sprint!!! Upgrade the sites around me already :D

Edit:

uqedegu4.jpg

According to SignalCheck I must be bouncing off the Martin Road site, which is wild considering how far away it is.

I am wondering if the LTE signal I am getting from my house is bouncing off the metal window frame or something, seems that I only get LTE signal in a very short area around it, and the signal is only strong enough to keep right in the middle of the window frame lol... Just seems unreasonable that I would get an LTE signal so far from the upgraded sites, anyone have any thoughts on why it would propagate only in my window frame? Maybe it is acting like an antenna of sorts. This is such a tease, Sprint!!! Upgrade the sites around me already :DEdit:Posted ImageAccording to SignalCheck I must be bouncing off the Martin Road site, which is wild considering how far away it is.

well its a good sign hopefully it goes fully active soon

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk now Free

• Like 1

Today driving north on 390 I had LTE from pretty far south of the Thruway all the way to Hylan Dr. today.  Then I just saw the new acceptance report.  Figures I was picking up the latest tower.  =)

Also, that new tower is right in my buddy's back yard.  I think he even has an easement with the telcos so they can get to the tower through the corner of his property.

• Like 1

hello, came for the LTE goodness, back to sprint after a while, on a new Moto X. wondering when LTE will be rolled out in Rochester (if anyone really knows), best speed I get around town is under 1mbps both up and down. also, curious if anyone knows if they're planning on building any NEW towers here - my zip, 14606/14613 (i'm right on the north east edge of 14606) has NO towers in it, according to this - https://network.sprint.com/search/14606/

that big gap where the map shows GREECE and Ridge Rd W? that's my neighborhood. , lol. looking forward to hearing some good news @ some point

post-26839-0-85268200-1381983069_thumb.png

hello, came for the LTE goodness, back to sprint after a while, on a new Moto X. wondering when LTE will be rolled out in Rochester (if anyone really knows), best speed I get around town is under 1mbps both up and down. also, curious if anyone knows if they're planning on building any NEW towers here - my zip, 14606/14613 (i'm right on the north east edge of 14606) has NO towers in it, according to this - https://network.sprint.com/search/14606/

that big gap where the map shows GREECE and Ridge Rd W? that's my neighborhood. , lol. looking forward to hearing some good news @ some point

They probably won't be building any new towers, but if you get signal, meaning any decent amount of bars on your phone, you will likely see an improvement in network speeds in your area anyway.

I would assume that since you're in an area of town without many towers, that the capacity of the current infrastructure is as dire as it's going to get where you are. You will at least get better speeds where you can catch LTE in areas nearer to the towers, and if you have any signal at all the new equipment and fiber backhaul will also make for a better experience.

As far as actual coverage goes, I would count on any new towers in the near future but if you are lucky than CDMA 800 and even LTE 800 will make its way to Rochester soon.

Also, not sure what bands the Moto X supports in terms of LTE 800, but you will for sure see the benefits in terms of voice coverage at least when the CDMA 800 rolls out!

Posted Image

Grabbed this speedtest from the one spot I know of in the whole damn town I manage to get LTE from the upgraded tower so many miles away.

It's a crazy fluke for sure, but I'm hella impressed. Cannot WAIT for these kinds of speeds to proliferate, this is going to be a beast network.

Posted Image

Grabbed this speedtest from the one spot I know of in the whole damn town I manage to get LTE from the upgraded tower so many miles away.

It's a crazy fluke for sure, but I'm hella impressed. Cannot WAIT for these kinds of speeds to proliferate, this is going to be a beast network.

yeah down in ga the sprint speeds match verizon its crazy how fast the network is down here

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk now Free

looks like the MotoX only supports 700 MHz Class 13, 850 MHz, 1700 MHz, and 1900 MHz LTE, so...i'm probably out of luck there. would LOVE to have good speeds to take advantage of my new, 2 year unlimited data contract, lol. here's hoping they roll stuff out soon, thanks for the info :-)

• Like 1

They're definitely working on the Calkins? Rd tower by 390. Ran a speedtest on sensorly this morning and pulled just over 1.8mbits down. Signal strength has improved noticeably, maybe 25%.

FYI, for those of us with the HTC one; ever since you got the 4.3 update your signal bars actually reflect data signal instead of the usual voice signal.

Got 4G signal outside henrietta DSW.

That's awesome, was it a strong signal there? Could be coming from Calkins road but that's a stretch. Could mean they are testing on a tower around there somewhere.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

That's awesome, was it a strong signal there? Could be coming from Calkins road but that's a stretch. Could mean they are testing on a tower around there somewhere.

In the Dibellas parking lot I pulled a 62ms ping and just shy of 2mbps down.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

In the Dibellas parking lot I pulled a 62ms ping and just shy of 2mbps down.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Just wanted to let everyone know that a confirm with Sprint about 2 days ago.that we should be receiving lte within the next 3 months.thats what I was told without asking because ive been having trouble with my signal don't know how true it is but Im hoping

Edited by wess580
  • Like 2

My gs3 keeps giving me error code 34 when trying to send text messages today, anyone else have this problem? I'm not sure if it is a result of work but I haven't seen any mention of it on S4GRU, only on Sprint community forums. It is really obnoxious. Any advice would be appreciated. Already tried cycling airplane mode and rebooting the device to no avail.

I'm guessing it's tower work.  Coming out of work today I showed a strong 3g signal but when I opened up sensorly and ran aspeedtest I got 0 down and .12 up  Could have been something similar with you, I didn't make any calls or texts though.

My gs3 keeps giving me error code 34 when trying to send text messages today, anyone else have this problem? I'm not sure if it is a result of work but I haven't seen any mention of it on S4GRU, only on Sprint community forums. It is really obnoxious. Any advice would be appreciated. Already tried cycling airplane mode and rebooting the device to no avail.

LTE @ Rt 15 & Lehigh Station Rd. this afternoon. Highly variable speeds. Reverted to 1x at one point. Looks promising!

In Alexandria VA last weekend had LTE in many spots even though not 'announced'. Saw York PA advertised on a billboard and another town on the way home.

I ended up giving up, and then on my way home from work when I switched towers to the one on the other side of town I got a couple of back texts that I hadn't received and had been sent hours prior. My replies all sent fine.

I'm hoping it's because they are doing work, and if I get that error again I will try profile and prl updates, thanks for the tip!

This morning Signal Check Pro alerted me to LTE on 390 southbound just past the airport. I am heading back through that way in a bit, this time with Sensorly running.

Edit:  I didn't catch any LTE on the way back through.  Either the signal was super super faint or some wireless engineer is playing around with my head.