Network Vision/LTE - Rochester Market (Rochester, New York)

S4GRU

4 hours ago, Bennyjet29 said:

Hey, y’all! Just wanted to know if any other developments are currently in the works? This is my first time posting on the Rochester Market, but I’ve bookmarked this thread back in ‘12 and have been following it since then. Really appreciate all the feedback and info. Almost gave up on Sprint back in 2013, but glad I stuck with them as the network advancements have been amazing to see and enjoy. However, I just moved from Greece to midtown near Clinton Square and have really been impressed with the Sprint Spark/LTE Plus performance. Hard to believe I was struggling to just watch a video clip on my iPhone 4s with 3G back in 2014. I know it’s probably too early to speculate about 5G deployment, but the 150+ mbps download speeds I’ve been recording on OOKLA are making me curious. ??????

Nothing has really changed that much other than, all just about all the sites are now LTE for all markets. 

• 3 months later...

I have been seeing some new B41 and B26 pop up around the Rochester market lately.  On a second note I have noticed the Sprint map can be inaccurate a lot especially in upstate NY, one prime example is BU72XC653(different market but that one has been active for a couple of years now). I sometimes wonder if the periodic updates on Sprint's website really reflect any changes, I mean I am sure it does I just don't look in the right areas I am sure. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, joshnys8913 said:

I have been seeing some new B41 and B26 pop up around the Rochester market lately.  On a second note I have noticed the Sprint map can be inaccurate a lot especially in upstate NY, one prime example is BU72XC653(different market but that one has been active for a couple of years now). I sometimes wonder if the periodic updates on Sprint's website really reflect any changes, I mean I am sure it does I just don't look in the right areas I am sure. 

Why does Rochester have for B25 Bandwidth? I'm just curious. They should hold a full 20x20. So 15x15 is possible

• 9 months later...

Sprint's new update on 4/5/2019 is finally reflecting the new B41 sites which is a lot (from the link here not on the Sprint site but updates when they update on their end). I am not sure about B26 but I know of a couple, Sprint is not my main carrier anymore so I only check once in a while. Its nice to see they are starting to catch up some.

• 1 year later...

photo-2021-02-18-12-12-53.jpg

Things speeding along in the Rochester market. Got this pic from my buddy of the site in Hilton, NY being upgraded with n41/n71. Promising to see that T-Mobile is committed to upgrading some relatively rural sites with n41. 

Site in ER was similarly upgraded a week or two ago.

• Like 2