New BlackBerry Q10 Coming to Sprint

spotmeterf64

The new Q10 is confirmed to be launching on Sprint in the next few months, by late summer is what I've seen on the blogs (I'm guessing a July or August launch).

http://www.sprint.com/landings/blackberry10/index.html?ECID=vanity:blackberry10

T-Mobile, Verizon, and AT&T will have their Q10's this month. Why the delay for Sprint, especially since they didn't even offer the Z10? I don't buy the less customers excuse; T-Mobile has half the customers of Sprint and offers a wider selection of devices.

My theory, and I have no evidence for this, is Sprint wanted to delay the launch so they could offer a tri-band LTE BlackBerry. Otherwise, I see no reason for the delay. Sprint has been putting all their eggs in the Android basket and are not diversifying their lineup. They announced Windows 8 devices last year but have not said one word about them since then that I've seen. Not everyone wants huge Android phones, crappy cheap Android phones, or iPhones. There is room for BlackBerries and Windows Phones on the Now Network I think.

BlackBerries have, in the past, been consistent sellers with high loyalty and low returns (like iPhones really, but at a lower scale). They're good for the carrier, especially since they drive so many businesses.

I think for Sprint to position the Q10 as the ultimate corporate phone, they have to make it Tri-Band LTE with 800MHz CDMA1X.

Does this make sense to you? It's the only way I've been able to make sense of the delay. It would be super cool if the Q10 supported Direct Connect PTT, since it's VoIP-based now and doesn't require iDEN hardware (LTE support for DC should be arriving soon as well).

• Like 1

I suppose this is plausible. It would help BB sales a little. Wait, didn't this device already go through the FCC? Maybe there is a different Sprint variant? We will see soon.

It's too bad. I planned on buying the first tri-band smartphone. But if it's the Q10, I wouldn't bother. I don't want a physical keyboard device with a midget screen. If it were the Z10 or another better BB on screen keyboard device, I would probably get it.

If the Q10 does end up being the first Sprint triband smartphone, I think I'll pass. :(

Robert via Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 1

Just sold the Z10 I got at BlackBerry Live.  It has potential, but they are still playing catch up.  I think next iteration of BlackBerry may hold some water against Androids current offerings.  Gotta say the Z10's virtual keyboard is amazing though.  

Was disappointed to see that Sprint was the only carrier not supported when I received my device.  Always good to see another competitor in the marketplace. 

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

With the recent announcement by CEO Thorsten Heinz that the Playbook will not receive a BB10 upgrade, I doubt I will buy a Q10 this year.

I will not buy any more products from BlackBerry on the promise of future potential, as they may just pull the rug under it. We will see how BB10 works out, but I'm not going to pay through the nose to get a Q10 when it launches this Summer. If when I can get my full upgrade discount next April BB10 is where it should be, I will consider it. Otherwise, I'll get whatever new device HTC, Samsung, or Apple has at the time. No more charity for BlackBerry from me.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I got mine, but unfortunately the $99 is only for new customers with the $100 "Bring your # bonus." It's $199.99 for anyone else, kinda sad with how late they've gotten it compared to other carriers.

I got mine, but unfortunately the $99 is only for new customers with the $100 "Bring your # bonus." It's $199.99 for anyone else, kinda sad with how late they've gotten it compared to other carriers.

How long is delivery supposed to take?

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 4

Sorry it's taken me this long to reply, I never got an email notification. I got the standard free Sprint shipping online, which apparently is UPS Next Day Air Saver. I from the look of things got lucky and my device shipped right away, because of the holiday and long weekend it'll be here on Tuesday. I can't wait till I have it, now I just need NV to come to my area and I'll finally be good!

How long is delivery supposed to take?

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 4

Sorry it's taken me this long to reply, I never got an email notification. I got the standard free Sprint shipping online, which apparently is UPS Next Day Air Saver. I from the look of things got lucky and my device shipped right away, because of the holiday and long weekend it'll be here on Tuesday. I can't wait till I have it, now I just need NV to come to my area and I'll finally be good!

What's your market? Damn i wanted to see how q10 performed in lte areas.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

I'm technically a part of the Cleveland market. Home is in Hinckley (44233 WiMax signal stopped just a bit up the road from me) and frequented areas are Medina (44256) and Brunswick (44212). The video that came up on here a few months ago of techs working on a LTE tower was actually in Brunswick right next to I71. But my speed tests show that there hasn't been any fiber backhaul provided to the site. On another note, does anyone know if this phone supports 1XA 800? The spec sheet I saw a couple months ago only said Cellular 800.

What's your market? Damn i wanted to see how q10 performed in lte areas.

That's why I found it odd that 1XA 800 wasn't on the spec sheet. Either way I'll just be glad to finally be on a new device, my Curve is bogged down and starting to fall apart.

I think all phones for the last 2 years have been 1x 800.

I'm technically a part of the Cleveland market. Home is in Hinckley (44233 WiMax signal stopped just a bit up the road from me) and frequented areas are Medina (44256) and Brunswick (44212). The video that came up on here a few months ago of techs working on a LTE tower was actually in Brunswick right next to I71. But my speed tests show that there hasn't been any fiber backhaul provided to the site. On another note, does anyone know if this phone supports 1XA 800? The spec sheet I saw a couple months ago only said Cellular 800.

It's the exact same SoC that was in the SGS3, so yes it does support 1X Advanced. Proof: 

1x-adv-chips.jpg

Awesome, I figured they would probably support the same bands due to the similar specs. I just don't like to assume things will be there.

It's the exact same SoC that was in the SGS3, so yes it does support 1X Advanced. Proof: 

1x-adv-chips.jpg

I've never checked that actual distance, I might do that tomorrow. It's to my north and serves most of the Hinckley area. 

Good luck and let us know how it goes. How far is the closest lte site to you? My wife's palm pixi is falling apart.