Network Vision/LTE - Buffalo Market

S4GRU

weird thing is i see some places within the ibez that has cdma 800... which is just weird... lte buffalo is waiting...

Maybe the powers that be have negotiated something for those areas at least.

The tower near my home/work has been accepted with 3G NV as I stated earlier which is great! Does anyone know if this means any sort of timeline towards lte on this tower? Also, does Samsung tend to update in clusters? Meaning, because the tower near my house was updated does this mean the next closest tower is going to be upgraded shortly or is it random? 

Anyone else in buffalo/riverside ready to cancel sprint after not being able to make or receive phone calls for like 4 days?

This isn't the place for this. If you want to rant, go on Sprint forums and try and find a resolution there. You're a sponsor so take a look at the NV sites map and see what is being done in your area. Most commonly when there are upgrades being done to a site, voice and data are impacted.

• Like 1

Anyone else in buffalo/riverside ready to cancel sprint after not being able to make or receive phone calls for like 4 days?

I live in Black Rock and since yesterday my 3G has improved slightly. I'm now getting .75-1.2mbps during heavy traffic hours and at night. Not sure if this means towers are being worked on or just people jumping ship and freeing up towers 

Just got a text from Sprint saying over the course of the next month, the network upgrades will be largely completed in the area. That actually made me chuckle. I certainly didn't count, but from looking at the sponsor maps I'd say around half have had NV upgrades, with maybe half of those having LTE. I certainly haven't seen any work done on the towers in my regular travels (Ken-Ton, NT and Buffalo itself) so I find that text hard to believe.

Just got a text from Sprint saying over the course of the next month, the network upgrades will be largely completed in the area. That actually made me chuckle. I certainly didn't count, but from looking at the sponsor maps I'd say around half have had NV upgrades, with maybe half of those having LTE. I certainly haven't seen any work done on the towers in my regular travels (Ken-Ton, NT and Buffalo itself) so I find that text hard to believe.

I just got this text to and was going to come on and ask you guys if this means anything? Is this timeline at all accurate or is this some generic text that they send out? I probably got this message the same time you did haha. I'm still waiting for Niagara Falls to fill out.

I haven't received any texts regarding upgrades yet. And unless they start going live like they are in Rochester (Majority of Physical NV is done) I doubt we will see any significant upgrades, especially in the city itself. But then again who knows Sprint might Surprise us with LTE. Really hope they do

Edited by Jesus_Serrano93

So at least two of us have gotten texts today about our market being largely completed within the next month, and coincidentally we get 12 lte updates today :) Awesome news! I don't think i've ever seen this many lte updates for buffalo in one report. 

Received a text from Sprint today at work saying over the next month they will be working on our towers. This does fall along the anticipated Spring timeline of when Buffalo will go live. Hope everything goes as planned and their are no delays

*fingers crossed* 

• Like 1

Very nice update in the Niagara Falls area with the latest upgrade report. Of course the one closest to the Falls remains un-upgraded for now, which is the one that needs it most as reception is horribly bad in the park. But it's still a very positive sign! (Plus getting closer to my house ;) )

Hi everyone,

Last month I switched from Verizon to Sprint in anticipation of LTE.  The tower near where I work (Akron) was one of the first towers lit up with LTE in the Buffalo area from what I understand.  I get one bar of service but a very solid 20-25Mb downstream connection.  I have an HTC One and an HTC One Max on the account, the One Max is mine the One is my wifes.  I just happen to have both phones with me as I wanted to play around with doing some Sensorly mapping on Sunday.  I know the One Max has a slightly weaker radio then the One, I could barely pick up any 4G with the One Max.  Over the weekend I was out and about in the Cheektowaga area by the Galleria Mall and Dick/Geo Urban area with both phones, and the One was able to pick up LTE without a problem, the One Max would stay on 3G.  I was up and down Walden and Genesee and nothing but 3G on the Max and yes, I have it set to CDMA/LTE.   I tried rebooting the phone, updating the Profile and PRL, each time I would connect to LTE for maybe a minute or two and go back to 3G  Saturday during the snowstorm I was at Eastern Hills having lunch at Dave and Busters and my One Max was on 3G, but kept losing data connectivity  every few minutes, same thing at a relative of mines house in Lancaster near the High School.  Is this normal behavior prior to LTE launching?

I also read something about the phone staying on eHRPD if the 3G signal is stronger than the 4G signal.  Is that true?  Could that be why I can barely get 4G on the One Max, maybe the LTE signal isn't as strong as it will be one Buffalo is official. 

Hi everyone,

Last month I switched from Verizon to Sprint in anticipation of LTE.  The tower near where I work (Akron) was one of the first towers lit up with LTE in the Buffalo area from what I understand.  I get one bar of service but a very solid 20-25Mb downstream connection.  I have an HTC One and an HTC One Max on the account, the One Max is mine the One is my wifes.  I just happen to have both phones with me as I wanted to play around with doing some Sensorly mapping on Sunday.  I know the One Max has a slightly weaker radio then the One, I could barely pick up any 4G with the One Max.  Over the weekend I was out and about in the Cheektowaga area by the Galleria Mall and Dick/Geo Urban area with both phones, and the One was able to pick up LTE without a problem, the One Max would stay on 3G.  I was up and down Walden and Genesee and nothing but 3G on the Max and yes, I have it set to CDMA/LTE.   I tried rebooting the phone, updating the Profile and PRL, each time I would connect to LTE for maybe a minute or two and go back to 3G  Saturday during the snowstorm I was at Eastern Hills having lunch at Dave and Busters and my One Max was on 3G, but kept losing data connectivity  every few minutes, same thing at a relative of mines house in Lancaster near the High School.  Is this normal behavior prior to LTE launching?

I also read something about the phone staying on eHRPD if the 3G signal is stronger than the 4G signal.  Is that true?  Could that be why I can barely get 4G on the One Max, maybe the LTE signal isn't as strong as it will be one Buffalo is official. 

Sounds like CSFB.  The One Max is a CSFB dependent device for LTE.  The One is not.  This article explains:  http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-357-nexus-5-and-lg-g2-experience-temporary-sprint-lte-connectivity-issues-due-to-circuit-switched-fallback-technology/

As CSFB is deployed around the Buffalo area, your One Max will be able to pick up LTE on all the sites the One can.  And in the not too distant future, the Max will pick up more.  Because it supports two more bands than the One does.

Robert

Thanks for the info!  I saw that in searching about the problem but I just skimmed though when I saw that is was about the new Nexus and G2, thinking it wouldn't apply to the One Max even though these are all triband phones.  When I get home from work, I'll reread that article for real. But yeah, that makes sense why I don't see much LTE.  Kind of funny, I never had an issue connecting to the tower by work.  That one must be good to go.  

By the way, also got a txt message about a week ago from Sprint saying we're a month away.  Strange though, my wifes One got the txt, my Max didn't.  Wonder if they send out the txts by bill address or area code.  My phone is a 585 area code, the wifes is 716, but looking at the info posted here, Rochester is getting ready to be official in the not too distant future as well.  Either way this is an exciting time to be back with Sprint!

• Like 1

Does the towers that were recently accepted as 3g towers mean that the network vision is complete for those or is that the first step to get LTE?

The physical Network Vision upgrades are complete when the first technology is accepted. So a 3G site is complete in the fact that all the equipment is installed. Even for LTE.

However, LTE cannot go live at a 3G only accepted site until the upgraded backhaul is ready. Then an LTE integration team will come visit the site and bring up the LTE too.

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The physical Network Vision upgrades are complete when the first technology is accepted. So a 3G site is complete in the fact that all the equipment is installed. Even for LTE.

However, LTE cannot go live at a 3G only accepted site until the upgraded backhaul is ready. Then an LTE integration team will come visit the site and bring up the LTE too.

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Thank you for the clarification. So Sprints text message that that the majority of the NV will be complete in our area within the next month does not necessarily mean that LTE be available?

Thank you for the clarification. So Sprints text message that that the majority of the NV will be complete in our area within the next month does not necessarily mean that LTE be available?

Exactly. The text was more of a "don't leave us yet" response from Sprint to try and keep customers from fleeing to Tmobile or another competitor.

Edit: I see you're a new member, or haven't posted much and you're also a sponsor... Take a look at the sites complete thread and see what has been done in your area. 

So how many sites have LTE installed but are waiting for back haul to launch? Anyone have any idea?

Really have to become a Sponsor to the site to get precise info like that, but I don't think for our market backhaul is a problem. I just think they are slowly deploying it..and the weather i'm sure does not help. But apparently within the next month you should see improvements with your service. Here's hoping that's the case