Network Vision/LTE - Buffalo Market

S4GRU

Just did alot of sensorly mapping and see some of my good work has shown up already :) enjoyed my 4g lte made me go to galleria didnt really go to the city tower except in passing on the 90 and beggining of the 290! But the galleria tower is pretty good both downloads and uploads kept hiting around 5mbs (above or below average at 5) Great upload but the download ive almost came to expect from WIMax.. at 9pm when realitivly low amount of people on the network... 5mbs is great but i would think this late it would of been better... Hopefully it doesnt get that bogged down at like 3pm. Although Its prob just because anyone looking for 4g would attach to that tower instead of the closer one!

... Hopefully it doesnt get that bogged down at like 3pm. Although Its prob just because anyone looking for 4g would attach to that tower instead of the closer one!

Is this why when 4G first gets rolled out it seems terribly slow? Especially in a large city like buffalo? Because there are hundreds if not thousands of people connecting to the only available tower and just completely congesting it?

Is this why when 4G first gets rolled out it seems terribly slow? Especially in a large city like buffalo? Because there are hundreds if not thousands of people connecting to the only available tower and just completely congesting it?

Exactly in anywhere not rural where u have overlapping coverage if there attachrd to 4g they will stay ebwn if there is closer 3g towers...this is to my understanding

Does a tower need to be upgraded to NV:3G before it can receive NV:4G? I feel as though this is correct can someone confirm this for me?

Depends on the vendor. Alcatel-Lucent markets, yes, this is their requirement. Other vendors such as Samsung and Ericsson seem to do the 4g side first.

• Like 1

Depends on the vendor. Alcatel-Lucent markets, yes, this is their requirement. Other vendors such as Samsung and Ericsson seem to do the 4g side first.

Not been the case until JUST recently in the OK market, we have gobs of 3G only that have been here for months and a handful inside the city (Tulsa) that have just been "in progress".  Drove by a site yesterday that has sat for 3 months, the new NV sectors have "tanned" some since installation . Still not on. 

And I believe if I'm not mistaken my market(Buffalo) is a Samsung market.

Not been the case until JUST recently in the OK market, we have gobs of 3G only that have been here for months and a handful inside the city (Tulsa) that have just been "in progress". Drove by a site yesterday that has sat for 3 months, the new NV sectors have "tanned" some since installation . Still not on.

Those are backhaul waiting sites. Still have some from January like this near me. That's why I said the word seem.

Take a look at Phoenix for example of Alcatel-Lucent.

Those are backhaul waiting sites. Still have some from January like this near me. That's why I said the word seem.

Take a look at Phoenix for example of Alcatel-Lucent.

I could hookup those sites about 4:30 tomorrow afternoon for them, it's not backhaul.  Many providers have had fiber laying inside the gates for quite some time.  Sprint has not completed the required paperwork for them to accept ownership of the circuit & pay $$$.  

I could hookup those sites about 4:30 tomorrow afternoon for them, it's not backhaul. Many providers have had fiber laying inside the gates for quite some time. Sprint has not completed the required paperwork for them to accept ownership of the circuit & pay $$$.

Not sure how much I will buy into that. It doesn't fit that Sprint will start and complete a 4g site adjacent to another. It would seem easier to just fire up the other one next to it while they are close by.

Not sure how much I will buy into that. It doesn't fit that Sprint will start and complete a 4g site adjacent to another. It would seem easier to just fire up the other one next to it while they are close by.

Maybe the flip switcher isn't doing his job. 

Yes even though those towers in cheektowaga n buffalo the 3g is actually faster than it used to be that's just bc all the people off the 3g n on 4g after those towers get both upgrades the 3g should be prettt good for the oldies

• Like 1

So how accurate is this October completion rumor going? I feel as though there's a lot of sites to be covered still.

And I believe if I'm not mistaken my market(Buffalo) is a Samsung market.

The october thing u could have good lte coverage by then but I still cant see buffalo market being ready by october maybe just the city... december sounds like a good official launch time...

Yws all of buffalo market is being done by samsung

What is also strange is that I thought the initial Sprint plan was to work from outside the area in towards the city, with places like Fredonia and Batavia getting 4G first?

And now its like by the airport?

Does anyone know where the towers are going?  It seems most are placed down the roadways correct?  I'm really hoping to see some place down Central Avenue/Harris Hill in the Lancaster area.    I live near the Lancaster HS, and the existing 3G coverage is absolutely horrible.

What is also strange is that I thought the initial Sprint plan was to work from outside the area in towards the city, with places like Fredonia and Batavia getting 4G first?

Does anyone know where the towers are going?  It seems most are placed down the roadways correct?  I'm really hoping to see some place down Central Avenue/Harris Hill in the Lancaster area.    I live near the Lancaster HS, and the existing 3G coverage is absolutely horrible.

Well, to be honest at this point I don't care which area of our market gets it as long as we start getting some more updates. It seems that Buffalo gets one update and then it can go weeks without another. When other markets such as cleveland or chicago seem to get several every time an updated acceptance report is posted.

As far as where the towers are going, you can become an s4gru sponsor and have access to all sorts of interactive maps, which one of them includes showing which sites in a market have been updated.

Im Guessing the 2 towers that got 4g required less work, might of been ground mount options.. i have no clue...? Even if they were full builds, the towers in dunkirk and fredonia (my friend has a cottage there and i go sometimes) are still on 1x not 3g cdma, just look on sprint data coverage maps... To me that means they will probaly need alot of work... Even if they started the work at that site there is a good chance its taking them longer!! Plus Batavia was one of the first places to see 3g updates could just be backhaul restraints stopping them from going 4g!

The far side of Clarence, Akron and some of East Aurora up today.

Great News! I saw we had 3 LTE upgrades within the last few days. Also was wondering when East Aurora was going to get some LTE since they were one of the first in the Market to get  NV Upgrades. Oh and to state what I had said earlier the Sprint Rep explained to me that by October, their will be substantial LTE coverage within the Inner City of Buffalo and by December the Buffalo market should be mostly completed with the initial 1.9GHz LTE Rollout. Guess we'll wait and see

Finally had a chance to take a drive out to Clarence and Akron on Saturday to do a little Sensorly mapping. It seemed as though the one in Akron had a less powerful signal as I lost it when I got to the other side of the Akron Airport where I would have suspected I would have still had a decent signal. Then I forgot exactly where the one in Clarence was so I didn't have as good results over there.  :blush:

And I see there were 8(!) new 3G upgrades in East Amherst/Getzville area at the end of last week. They've finally reached civilization! (No disrespect to the rural areas.)