kckid

List of HTC devices slated to receive Android 4.3

"Keep in mind that this list is unofficial and Google has yet to formally unveil an Android 4.3 build. With that said, this list seems fairly accurate at first blush; newer, more popular models getting the latest release while others stay back."

http://www.androidguys.com/2013/05/30/list-of-htc-devices-slated-to-receive-android-4-3-arrives-before-version-is-even-announced/

well, if it truly is Q4 of 2013 (which I highly doubt) then hopefully we'll be seeing the Sense 5 update soon, unless they decide to pack it into the 4.3 update

well, if it truly is Q4 of 2013 (which I highly doubt) then hopefully we'll be seeing the Sense 5 update soon, unless they decide to pack it into the 4.3 update

My bet will be they pack it into the 4.3 update.

That assumes it actually happens. Sounds promising but 4.3 hasn't even been announced yet much to the dissappointment to those who attended the Google I/O.

My bet will be they pack it into the 4.3 update.

Hopefully they will release Sense 5 with the 4.2 update and then the 4.3 update.

-Luis

Hopefully they will release Sense 5 with the 4.2 update and then the 4.3 update.

-Luis

I  would not waste money or resource on a 4.2 Sense if the 4.3 is this close.

Oh NO!!!!

http://www.pocketables.com/2013/06/htc-evo-4g-lte-and-others-will-receive-android-4-3.html

" I was able to trace the origin of this rumor to Technos Amigos, which doesn’t exactly have a well-established history of leaking credible information. (In fact, to my knowledge, it doesn’t have any history at all of doing this!)"

Oh NO!!!!

http://www.pocketables.com/2013/06/htc-evo-4g-lte-and-others-will-receive-android-4-3.html

" I was able to trace the origin of this rumor to Technos Amigos, which doesn’t exactly have a well-established history of leaking credible information. (In fact, to my knowledge, it doesn’t have any history at all of doing this!)"

Beyond the fact that this was a rumor, the author is correct in saying that 4.3 isn't even out yet. I treat these types of rumors with a grain of salt. What if google doesn't even announce a 4.3 this year?

-Luis

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• Similar Content

• By Paynefanbro
      I was taking a look at the HTC 5G Hub that's supposed to be launching on Sprint sometime this month. It looks like it could technically be Sprint's first foray into the WISP space. On HTC's site they mention it as a sort of replacement for your WiFi router with the ability to connect up to 20 devices to it. I wonder what data caps will be on this when it launches and what they plan on charging people for using it?
      It seems to be a lot of things smashed into one device. It's combining a wireless router, a streaming box, and a cloud gaming device all into one. It also has support for pretty much every U.S. LTE band.
      https://www.htc.com/us/5g/htc-5g-hub/ 
    • By NanoVirus
      If this is a duplicate post, please delete.

What are everyone's thought on the HTC U 12+?
    • By Handyman
      Just installed the 8.1 update on my Pixel.  Still no Sprint Wi-Fi / LTE calling

But ... I did get the mandatory Google Search button added to my launcher.

• By mikejeep
      Hello all,

I have been visiting S4GRU for quite some time, and one of the most common issues I see popping up is confusion from users--especially when they first get 4G LTE devices and/or LTE service--regarding their signal strengths. For some reason, the signal bars on many devices do not display what most users expect them to display. It seems strange that we have to enter special dialer codes just to see what our LTE signal is!

With that in mind, I started creating an Android app from scratch. I had never created an app before, so it took a few months before it was ready for the public, but its time has come. Robert and a few others have been beta testing it for me since October, and I recently released it onto Google Play. Robert gave me the go-ahead to give it a mention here on S4GRU, so here goes..

It's called SignalCheck, and it is available on Google Play here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=Blue+Line+Computing

The "Lite" version is free; the "Pro" version has a small one-time fee but includes a bunch of extras, including signal bars in the notification area, a widget, the ability to alert a user when they pick up an LTE or 800 SMR signal, one-button instant connection reset, the street address of the connected 1X site, and menu shortcuts to some screens that are usually only accessible with dialer codes. I intend to offer S4GRU Premier Sponsors special benefits in the near future, as soon as I figure out a feasible way to do that.

This is the first app I have ever developed, so I'd appreciate any and all feedback, both positive and negative. I have been trying to educate myself as much as possible regarding cellular technologies, as I didn't know much before I started this project. My goal is to make this app as accurate and useful as possible for all the "nerds" on here.. myself included!

I intend to continue squashing bugs as they are reported, and adding features as they are requested. As I learn more about Android programming and cellular technology, I'll improve things. Please let me know what you would like to see, and I'll do what I can.

My "Beta Crew" helps test out the app before public updates are pushed out. Membership is by invite only but anyone is welcome to join in our discussions or get a sneak peek at what is going on (see thread here).

Links:  SignalCheck Help / FAQ  |  Change Log  |  To-Do "Wish" List  |  Known Issues  |  SignalCheck on Google Play

-Mike

Here are some screen shots from a previous version.. there have been tweaks since this release, but this is basically what you get:

• By leozno1
      Figured the HTC U11 needs to have it's own thread as opposed to having that conversation in the HTC U Ultra thread.

Pretty interesting article that has me excited about this phone. As the U11 seems to be leading Sprint's march towards Gigabit LTE.

http://www.pcmag.com/news/353698/htc-u11-is-sprints-first-gigabit-phone

• It seems really big to me, but I have to admit I'm considering it.  The dual screen thing seems moderately interesting.  I'd be interested in trying it out.  EDIT:  But Best Buy has the G8X on sale right now at a very sensible price.  It's comparable in size to my G6, versus the V60 which, having looked at the dimensions, seems enormous by comparison.  My G6 is already at the very top end of what would fit in my hand.  If I got the V60, it'd be solely for the ability to use 5G, which I don't really need other than for tracking purposes--and right now, I think it's pretty safe to assume that a site with 600 MHz LTE on T-Mobile or a Massive MIMO antenna on Sprint is running 5G without having to prove it that way. - Trip
    • Official LG intro video:  
    • Any thoughts on the included dual-screen? Doesn't seem like something I'd use, would be nice to have an option where it's not included, maybe for a slightly lower price.  Battery size is nice! LG lagged a little behind on the battery for the G series for a while. https://www.cnet.com/news/hands-on-lg-v60-thinq-5g-with-8k-video-and-dual-screen/