Motorola X Users Thread!

ericdabbs

So these came in today at work

Hmm, "motox."  You should sell them to middle aged women as an alternative to Botox.

:P

AJ

• Like 3

I wonder if they'll release on Friday. I also wonder if Moto still have the edge when it comes to reception or if that's no longer the case.

not since the photon 4g (original) has moto had the edge.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4

I haven't read through this but I stopped back at my work today and the moto guy was there so I got to play with the x uninterrupted.

I checked out the debug and diag screens and they do work on this phone. I also got to play around with all the features and what not and this phone is going to be awesome. How it integrates with all the Google Apps will make this a powerhouse for the casual to semi serious phone user.

• Like 1

I haven't read through this but I stopped back at my work today and the moto guy was there so I got to play with the x uninterrupted.

I checked out the debug and diag screens and they do work on this phone. I also got to play around with all the features and what not and this phone is going to be awesome. How it integrates with all the Google Apps will make this a powerhouse for the casual to semi serious phone user.

Hope it has awesome reception like the photon g. Has anyone got any info on that?

Sent from my Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

Can we get a release date already?  My wife is badly in need a new phone and she is getting impatient.  We stopped by an AT&T store to hold the device and it felt great in the hand.  It doesn't feel large at all for a 4.7" screen device.  I even preferred the feel of it over my EVO 4G LTE.  

Can we get a release date already?  My wife is badly in need a new phone and she is getting impatient.  We stopped by an AT&T store to hold the device and it felt great in the hand.  It doesn't feel large at all for a 4.7" screen device.  I even preferred the feel of it over my EVO 4G LTE.  

I went to a AT&T store to play with the Moto X because I was curious about the phone.  The screen itself is 4.7 inches but the Moto X uses onscreen buttons for home, back and multiwindow which take up some screen real estate.  I took out my Moto Photon which is 4.3 inches and measured it up minus the onscreen button space and sure enough the true screen size of the Moto X is only 4.3 inches.  I was pretty bummed out about that.

I wish Sprint would start giving out release dates already for the Moto X and LG G2. Verizon and AT&T are already selling the Moto X and we know the Moto X has already passed the FCC testing.

I went to a AT&T store to play with the Moto X because I was curious about the phone. The screen itself is 4.7 inches but the Moto X uses onscreen buttons for home, back and multiwindow which take up some screen real estate. I took out my Moto Photon which is 4.3 inches and measured it up minus the onscreen button space and sure enough the true screen size of the Moto X is only 4.3 inches. I was pretty bummed out about that.

I wish Sprint would start giving out release dates already for the Moto X and LG G2. Verizon and AT&T are already selling the Moto X and we know the Moto X has already passed the FCC testing.

Eric, at least that is better than the photon q. The q has a smaller usable screen them our photon g's.

the onscreen button space and sure enough the true screen size of the Moto X is only 4.3 inches.  I was pretty bummed out about that.

On the nexus phones, the same or similar buttons are there, with some apps the buttons disappear.

For example with Mxplayer.

Eric, at least that is better than the photon q. The q has a smaller usable screen them our photon g's.

But it got at least 1 software update

Sent from my Motorola Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

not since the photon 4g (original) has moto had the edge. Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4

When I had the first Photon, it was great at getting a WiMax signal.  At the time my wife's Evo Shift couldn't get anything in the same spot.  I remember reading on Anandtech that Moto used a different WiMax chip than the others, which contributed to that.

This article presents ones take on how phone spec's are not quite as important as they used to be, as Android has improved its efficiency over the years and dosen't necessarily require that 2ghz octacore processor to provide a good user experience. In some ways, I tend to agree, and think there are some good points.  The Moto X was used as an example, so I thought I'd bring it up here.

What do you all think?

http://phandroid.com/2013/09/02/motorola-specs-race-oped/

This article presents ones take on how phone spec's are not quite as important as they used to be, as Android has improved its efficiency over the years and dosen't necessarily require that 2ghz octacore processor to provide a good user experience. In some ways, I tend to agree, and think there are some good points.  The Moto X was used as an example, so I thought I'd bring it up here.

What do you all think?

http://phandroid.com/2013/09/02/motorola-specs-race-oped/

There are two things to mention when it comes to CPUs: 

1. When you see a CPU speed listed (this basically only applies to mobile) is that they list the max speed that a phone, aka where it spends <1% of its time. 
  2. In my opinion, there are no phones with 8 cores because only four are visible to the operating system. Also, very few apps are properly multi-threaded so you usually won't notice any difference between 2 and basically any number you can throw in there.

There are two things to mention when it comes to CPUs: 

1. When you see a CPU speed listed (this basically only applies to mobile) is that they list the max speed that a phone, aka where it spends <1% of its time. 
  2. In my opinion, there are no phones with 8 cores because only four are visible to the operating system. Also, very few apps are properly multi-threaded so you usually won't notice any difference between 2 and basically any number you can throw in there.

Gotchya. Although, I was being sarcastic when I said "2ghz octacore processor" to emphasize the lust we seem have for spec's, in a round-a-bout way.  Good info on most app's not bing properly multi-threaded to take full advantage of multiple core CPU's. I remember hearing about that when the dual-cores first came out when I got my EVO 3D but, I still had to have it... guess its still mostly the same, huh?

Gotchya. Although, I was being sarcastic when I said "2ghz octacore processor" to emphasize the lust we seem have for spec's, in a round-a-bout way.  Good info on most app's not bing properly multi-threaded to take full advantage of multiple core CPU's. I remember hearing about that when the dual-cores first came out when I got my EVO 3D but, I still had to have it... guess its still mostly the same, huh?

Yeah, It takes a lot of time and hard work to properly implement it, especially when, unless it is a CPU demanding app, the results might not even have an effect on the app performance.

Also, very few apps are properly multi-threaded so you usually won't notice any difference between 2 and basically any number you can throw in there.

My quilting circle resents that multi threaded remark.

AJ

I always pictured you as more of a crochet guy.

Crochet, no. Croquet, yes.  Speaking of which, I have a mallet that I would like you to meet.

;)

AJ

• Like 1

Crochet, no. Croquet, yes.  Speaking of which, I have a mallet that I would like you to meet.

;)

AJ

I don't think I really want to meet Ryan Mallet, He always came off kinda douchey at Arkansas and now New England.  :P 

I don't think I really want to meet Ryan Mallet, He always came off kinda douchey at Arkansas and now New England. :P

Second!

Robert via Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk

• Like 1