David Schuster, Software Product Management at Motorola Mobility,
Senior Director, SW Product Management

The Moto X will skip 5.0 and go directly to 5.1

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DavidSchuster/posts/cV4vDyyMmw2

UPdate Moto X 2013 on 2 Apr 2015.PNG

• 2 months later...

FYI Moto X users

Android 5.1 inches closer

Motorola has expanded the Android 5.1 soak test for the 2013 and 2014 Moto X to a ton of new countries, with a full rollout expected next week.

http://www.androidcentral.com/android-51-soak-test-2013-and-2014-moto-x-expanded-full-rollout-inches-closer

:wavey: FYI...

:clap: Breaking news, This just in. Full deployment of Android 5.1 is being released for the US Retail.  See links

:banana: FINALLY!!! :banana:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DavidSchuster/posts/bEVD4De32Uo

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/prod_answer_detail/a_id/105221

Moto X Android 5.1 Releasd to US Retail 19 June 2015.PNG

• 2 weeks later...

FYI UPDATE: There's an update from Sprint that I to date haven't received. Is there anyone else in this group whom have updated to the latest version. 

Version

Release Date

Description of Enhancements/Fixes

KXA21.12-L1.28.2

06/24/2015

• No Audio Fix: Fixes a rare issue that could occur with devices that are encrypted and require that you enter a PIN code to boot up.

See link to Sprint's web page update on the Moto X 

http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Find-and-update-the-software-version-on-your-Moto-X/WServiceAdvisory_542_GKB55016-dvc7670008prd?INTNAV=SU:DP:OV:UG:MotoX:FindAndUpdateTheSoftwareVersionOnYourMotoX&question_box=Moto%20x%20updates&id16=Moto%20x%20updates#!/

Moto X Update 25 June 2015.PNG

• 2 months later...

Sprint sure is dragging their feet on 5.1! I'm still on KXA21.12-L1.28.

Yes they sure are. For the exception of Sprint all the other carriers have received the OS update.

Not sure why the delay and silence from them. Even the reps on Sprint moto X community are hush hush. When someone ask in regards to this there's nothing but total silence. The one person that constantly answers completely changes direction on the subject at hand.

Sprint is the last of the Mohicans!

• 2 months later...

FYI

Sprint has FINALLY released Android Lollipop 5.1 along with Stagefright plus other enhancements on 8 December 2015. I was up late at night downloading and installing due to the file size. Afterwards as always I did a hard reset to manufacture specifications to purge the systems and start fresh. It's been fantastic and way way long overdue.

* Have at it and enjoy it

Moto X 2013 Android 5.1 OTA Update 8 December 2015.jpg

Moto X 2013 Lollipop 5.1 Update 8 December 2015.jpg

Moto X 2013 Lollipop 5.1 Update 8 December 2015 No. 3.jpg

Moto X 2013 Lollipop 5.1 Update 8 December 2015 No. 4.jpg

FYI

Sprint has FINALLY released Android Lollipop 5.1 along with Stagefright plus other enhancements on 8 December 2015. I was up late at night downloading and installing due to the file size. Afterwards as always I did a hard reset to manufacture specifications to purge the systems and start fresh. It's been fantastic and way way long overdue.

* Have at it and enjoy it

Nice, the Moto X 1st Gen was such a good phone.

Correct, miss the ergonomic design but since I upgraded to the MXPE, it was a good phone.

Sweet!

The Moto X PE 2015 is a great successor to the OG Moto X.