HTC One max [Tri-Band] (was "HTC "Phablet" aka "T6"")

themuffinman

We will have to see about the HTC One Max but HTC better step their game up and make some sort of announcement soon.  I don't know what they are waiting for.  For me the HTC One Max must have a stylus or its a deal breaker for me and of course triband LTE.  I don't need such a large screen if I am not able to write on it.  I would much rather take the LG G2 which has a smaller screen if there is no stylus feature.

I would have to agree with you 100%.

Cmon HTC, you are my last hope for getting a phablet smartphone with triband LTE support.  I just want a removable battery and SD card slot with triband LTE support

I'm pretty sure HTC is doing away is removable batteries. So don't expect that. Maybe the other things, but not that!

-luis

I need HTC to just announce that this phone is coming. The LG G2 is looking tempting as is the note 3. If it's not announced before the nexus 5, it may be a problem.

I am balancing between 3 phones currently, the LG G2, HTC One Max and Nexus 5.  I am really intrigued with the LG G2 because its got a nice big screen, huge battery in 3000 maH for a screen that size, optical image stabilization, IPS HD display, etc.  But I am concerned about the software support for the LG G2.  I would expect the software support to be better on the LG G2 than on the LG Optimus G since its going to be launched on all carriers.  The Nexus 5 looks ok to me but my only concerns with the Nexus 5 is that it only has a 2300 maH battery according to FCC docs and just the overall quality of the Nexus phone.  The Galaxy Nexus wasn't that great on Sprint but I realized that it was released much later in 2012 than the Verizon variant and by the the specs were just meh.

The HTC One Max is intriguing but I am concerned a bit about the screen size not just because its 5.99 inches but the stereo speakers adds additional height on top of the already tall screen.  When the HTC One is taller than the GS4 by 1 mm even though the HTC One is 4.7 inch screen vs. GS4 5.0 inch screen its a bit depressing.   Also the uncertainty of a stylus type feature on the HTC One Max is also a concern of mine.

I am balancing between 3 phones currently, the LG G2, HTC One Max and Nexus 5. I am really intrigued with the LG G2 because its got a nice big screen, huge battery in 3000 maH for a screen that size, optical image stabilization, IPS HD display, etc. But I am concerned about the software support for the LG G2. I would expect the software support to be better on the LG G2 than on the LG Optimus G since its going to be launched on all carriers. The Nexus 5 looks ok to me but my only concerns with the Nexus 5 is that it only has a 2300 maH battery according to FCC docs and just the overall quality of the Nexus phone. The Galaxy Nexus wasn't that great on Sprint but I realized that it was released much later in 2012 than the Verizon variant and by the the specs were just meh.

The HTC One Max is intriguing but I am concerned a bit about the screen size not just because its 5.99 inches but the stereo speakers adds additional height on top of the already tall screen. When the HTC One is taller than the GS4 by 1 mm even though the HTC One is 4.7 inch screen vs. GS4 5.0 inch screen its a bit depressing. Also the uncertainty of a stylus type feature on the HTC One Max is also a concern of mine.

I am of a similar situation, see my post in the G2 thread, but I understand exactly where you are coming from. Although the screen size on the One Max doesn't really bother me much.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

I just want a triband device, probably will pick up whatever comes first. My only experience with 4g is wimax, and between the fact that it lost a signal if you breathed on the phone the wrong way and it's speeds are usually not much better than 3G, I just don't feel I can do a contract on a phone that doesn't have the indoor penetration of band 26 or the speed promise of band 41.

• Like 1

I just want a triband device, probably will pick up whatever comes first. My only experience with 4g is wimax, and between the fact that it lost a signal if you breathed on the phone the wrong way and it's speeds are usually not much better than 3G, I just don't feel I can do a contract on a phone that doesn't have the indoor penetration of band 26 or the speed promise of band 41.

I know what you mean by 4G experience with Wimax.  I don't want to go through that again with a LTE device and definitely not for the next 2 years.

October (if the rumors are true) is going to be a crowded month http://www.kpopstarz.com/articles/41101/20130911/htc-one-max-release-date-usa.htm

I have to think that HTC would want to host an event to hype up the device of why the HTC One Max is better than the Note 3 and Optimus G Pro before they release it in October.  

Last night I saw a commercial for the HTC One and at the end they showed two of them side by side. One looked slightly bigger than the other, but I am not sure it was the One Max since they made no mention of it.

Last night I saw a commercial for the HTC One and at the end they showed two of them side by side. One looked slightly bigger than the other, but I am not sure it was the One Max since they made no mention of it.

One of them is the one mini

Says sdcard slot here too. http://www.geeky-gadgets.com/htc-one-max-branding-leaked-13-09-2013/

()() <--- buck tracks

Sdcard support would be nice but I can live without it if it has 32 to 64 gb of internal memory.  More important to me though is the battery capacity and the fact that it needs to have note like features and not just be a larger One.  Oh and of course tri-band support, LOL.

Have we seen the FCC docs for this phone yet?  I tried searching but got no results.  I am curious about whether it will be tri-band or not.  With the Note 3 going single band I am on of the many here looking for an alternative.

Have we seen the FCC docs for this phone yet?  I tried searching but got no results.  I am curious about whether it will be tri-band or not.  With the Note 3 going single band I am on of the many here looking for an alternative.

Nope not yet but probably very soon though.

evleaks just said the One Max has an S4 Pro and not an S800. I don't see how they expect to compete with the Note 3 with the weaker CPU and probably having less features. I think that this is wrong. I still think that the phone will have an S800.

evleaks just said the One Max has an S4 Pro and not an S800. I don't see how they expect to compete with the Note 3 with the weaker CPU and probably having less features. I think that this is wrong. I still think that the phone will have an S800.

At this point, its hard to believe what evleaks says.  Since they have been wrong before I wouldn't put much stock into that.  At the very least they should be putting a S600 chip in there but I still fully expect that the HTC One Max to be a S800 to remain competitive.  Evleaks is not the fortune teller tech gods that are all knowing.  They have been wrong before and I believe they could be wrong again on this one.

• Like 1

Isn't the S800 the only cpu that would support triband? Would an S4 pro or S600 automatically make it a single band device?

Well, the Mega has just been found out to be a tri-band and it is an S400

Isn't the S800 the only cpu that would support triband? Would an S4 pro or S600 automatically make it a single band device?

The chip has nothing to do with the LTE frequency bands its supports.  However you do need a S800 chip if your phone wants to support LTE carrier aggregation which I don't see any wireless carrier doing for at least another few years.

The chip has nothing to do with the LTE frequency bands its supports.  However you do need a S800 chip if your phone wants to support LTE carrier aggregation which I don't see any wireless carrier doing for at least another few years.

Wasn't Clear's plan to start aggregating next year? To have speeds up to 168Mbps.

Wasn't Clear's plan to start aggregating next year? To have speeds up to 168Mbps.

I dont know but still u need enough contiguous spectrum to run at 168 Mbps. At this point sprint doesnt need that yet.

Sent from my Motorola Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

I almost laughed when I read about the Max having an s4pro, not a chance in hell.  I don't know how they could report some nonsense like that.

• Like 1