HTC One max [Tri-Band] (was "HTC "Phablet" aka "T6"")

themuffinman

HTC One Max leak pictures.  Its no surprise that it resembles pretty much a larger HTC One smartphone.  I just hope HTC is smart enough this time to have it come with Android 4.2.2 stock instead of 4.1.2 stock on the HTC One.  I really hope this phone gets announced at IFA the same time as the Galaxy Note 3.  I just want to see more competition in the phablet space.  Can't tell from the top side pic if there will be a stylus feature. I also don't like how HTC went with the 2 button layout.  I wish they stuck with the typical 3 Android buttons.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/08/04/htc-one-max-pictures-leak/

HTC One Max leak pictures.  Its no surprise that it resembles pretty much a larger HTC One smartphone.  I just hope HTC is smart enough this time to have it come with Android 4.2.2 stock instead of 4.1.2 stock on the HTC One.  I really hope this phone gets announced at IFA the same time as the Galaxy Note 3.  I just want to see more competition in the phablet space.  Can't tell from the top side pic if there will be a stylus feature. I also don't like how HTC went with the 2 button layout.  I wish they stuck with the typical 3 Android buttons.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/08/04/htc-one-max-pictures-leak/

The button layout doesn't bother me as much as before even though I do think that they should have gone with the more traditional layout or even onscreen buttons with a phone this big.  Anyway, this had better not be just a large One, I hope it has comparable software features like the note series.  If not then note 3 here I come.

I had a hard time adjusting to the two buttons on the one for a few days after coming from my optimus g. But now I'm completely used to it and I actually enjoy it. Now I hate using the physical button on galaxy phones compared to the on screen home buttons.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

The button layout doesn't bother me as much as before even though I do think that they should have gone with the more traditional layout or even onscreen buttons with a phone this big.  Anyway, this had better not be just a large One, I hope it has comparable software features like the note series.  If not then note 3 here I come.

Right I agree but I was just talking about the hardware features and layout.  I do think that adding a stylus feature and software that takes advantage of this is much needed.  Since HTC is not new to the stylus game since the HTC Flyer had a stylus in their tablets, maybe HTC can revive it with the HTC Scribe pen but less bulkier and heavy.

The LG Optimus G Pro although it was only available on AT&T, I thought it was a nice phone because it was way more comfortable to hold than the Note 2 because it was less wide by 4 mm  which is a huge difference. I don't think the sales were as great as was expected.  However the lack of a stylus feature makes having such a large screen incomplete.  I really hope the LG Optimus G Pro 2 will have a stylus feature.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.androidcentral.com/htc-one-max-pictured-again-sized-next-one-and-one-mini

It's been photo'd again next to its family. My guess is that black box is a trackpad of sorts. It would be great for easing use of such a large phone. Possibly make it easily usable in one hand. It could be a great response to the Note's stylus.

• Like 1

http://www.androidcentral.com/htc-one-max-pictured-again-sized-next-one-and-one-mini

It's been photo'd again next to its family. My guess is that black box is a trackpad of sorts. It would be great for easing use of such a large phone. Possibly make it easily usable in one hand. It could be a great response to the Note's stylus.

I am curious about the black box.  It looks interesting.  Hopefully HTC will announce a launch event for IFA sometime between Sept 6-11th.  I really think HTC needs to strike against the Note 3 at the same time to have a chance.  Not to mention that the iPhone 5S event is coming on Sept 10th.

• Like 1

It better not be a trackpad, in my opinion that would idiotic at best.  It would be way more cumbersome to use versus just using a finger on the screen.  If they want to compete with the s-pen, then they need to improve on what they had in the past with the flyer/evo view.  Other people are saying its a fingerprint scanner, which I think will be gimmicky at best.  The only logical guess I can come up with is some sort of infrared port, but for what? I am not sure.

It better not be a trackpad, in my opinion that would idiotic at best.  It would be way more cumbersome to use versus just using a finger on the screen.  If they want to compete with the s-pen, then they need to improve on what they had in the past with the flyer/evo view.  Other people are saying its a fingerprint scanner, which I think will be gimmicky at best.  The only logical guess I can come up with is some sort of infrared port, but for what? I am not sure.

To me it a trackpad is more useful than a fingerprint scanner. It lets you operate the device with one hand more easily. You wouldn't have to reach your hand across the screen or use to hands to do basic functions.

To me it a trackpad is more useful than a fingerprint scanner. It lets you operate the device with one hand more easily. You wouldn't have to reach your hand across the screen or use to hands to do basic functions.

I would agree that a trackpad is more useful than a fingerprint scanner but when I look at a device this size, making it more usable for one handed use simply can't be a priority.  

I would agree that a trackpad is more useful than a fingerprint scanner but when I look at a device this size, making it more usable for one handed use simply can't be a priority.  

I have to agree, it's just one of those things where you can't have both. A large screen and easy one-handed use. It's the trade off that people SHOULD be expecting when they buy a device this big.

-Luis

What would a fingerprint scanner be needed for on a smartphone?  I mean it sounds cool as a feature but in reality I don't see the need for a fingerprint scanner.  But I am curious what that black box is assuming that image is accurate.

What would a fingerprint scanner be needed for on a smartphone?  I mean it sounds cool as a feature but in reality I don't see the need for a fingerprint scanner.  But I am curious what that black box is assuming that image is accurate.

IMO if a fingerprint scanner is done right, then it's a pretty nifty feature to have. Just an added level of security.

-Luis

IMO if a fingerprint scanner is done right, then it's a pretty nifty feature to have. Just an added level of security.

-Luis

Yeah, until I get you drunk and passed out then take you finger and unlock your phone, LOL.

• Like 1

I have ways around that...

finger.jpg

;)

AJ

• Like 3

-Luis

Ehhhh...I am still not impressed.  I mean if you have a screen lock with a pin code or pattern, can someone still use your phone anyways?   Also with Android Device Manager, you can remotely wipe your phone if you lose it.

I guess I have to see a presentation that wows me but I don't see the necessity for now especially if it delays shipments of phones.

I have ways around that...

finger.jpg

;)

AJ

I almost severed my finger about 2 and a half years ago, pretty gruesome scene at the time, LOL.  Thanks for the reminder. 

• Like 2

I almost severed my finger about 2 and a half years ago, pretty gruesome scene at the time, LOL.  Thanks for the reminder. 

I had a friend slice of the tips of his index and middle finger a couple years back with a folding chair. It completely collapsed while he was trying to shuffle forward a bit. Severed fingers give me the creeps.

-Luis

Ehhhh...I am still not impressed.  I mean if you have a screen lock with a pin code or pattern, can someone still use your phone anyways?   Also with Android Device Manager, you can remotely wipe your phone if you lose it.

I guess I have to see a presentation that wows me but I don't see the necessity for now especially if it delays shipments of phones.

I despise lock screens, I honestly hate putting passwords in, or lock patterns. If this makes it easier for me I'd welcome it. I still think it butchers the design of the One line though.

-Luis

I despise lock screens, I honestly hate putting passwords in, or lock patterns. If this makes it easier for me I'd welcome it. I still think it butchers the design of the One line though.

-Luis

So don't put a lock screen like me.  As long as my phone can make it until I can get the Note 3, I'll be happy.

So don't put a lock screen like me.  As long as my phone can make it until I can get the Note 3, I'll be happy.

I should have added that I don't like leaving my phone without a pin or pattern. So if the scanner makes it easier, I would welcome it. That's what I meant to say.

-Luis

I should have added that I don't like leaving my phone without a pin or pattern. So if the scanner makes it easier, I would welcome it. That's what I meant to say.

-Luis

Sounds like someone wants an iPhone 5S that is rumored for a fingerprint scanner.

My Hp laptop has a fingerprint scanner but it doesn't work very well. After trying 15 times to swipe your finger with it constantly throwing a pop-up that it couldn't read your finger and having to twist your finger and wrist in an unnatural position to try to get your finger just right, I found it was easier to turn it off. Plus sometimes you have to restart your computer to have it turn on properly after a sleep cycle.

Why are there no stinkin HTC One Max rumors????  HTC needs to schedule an event soon to announce the HTC One Max with hopefully a surprise stylus feature to compete with the Galaxy Note 3.  Don't want to wait too long after the Galaxy Note 3 or iPhone 5S announcements.

I want to know what that black box is under the camera from the rumor picture.