Network Vision/LTE - Dakotas Market (including Fargo, Grand Forks, Alexandria MN)

mozamcrew

That sort of information might not be able to be released on this forum if one even obtained it. Atleast not without proper incentive ;) Could excite certain members too much.

This morning I seen a bunch of trucks sitting by some conduit that had been sitting on the Boulevard since November, on my drive home the conduit was in the ground. A stretch between two towers on legacy backhaul got 17 blocks closer today.

Noticed the tower just north of fergus has been dead. And are they updating the tower in the middle of town on top of the old grain elevator?

Everything is Fergus Falls has been 3G accepted, but no LTE yet. I assume they are waiting on backhaul. 

The tower in the middle of town appears to still be using the legacy antennas. I was hoping they'd put then new gear a block away on the empty tower in the Century link parking lot. You'd think getting backhaul to that would be pretty easy! Also, you would be able to sit the antennas higher which might improve the coverage in certain areas. That or move to two sites instead, one on the west end of town and one further east.

So are there any plans for that tower in the middle of town?

The 3G upgrade has been completed but there is no LTE yet, I'm assuming it's because the backhaul wasn't installed when it was 3G upgraded. It doesn't have new NV antennas though, so no 800Mhz CDMA or LTE will be coming from this site until it gets new NV antennas or if they decide to move to a new site. 

Heard rumors that they wont be installing that on that tower

Well they can't just get rid of it, they will eventually have to put up the new antennas or move to a new site (or sites). The sites on either side of town aren't going to provide adequate coverage in town. 

• 4 weeks later...

Starting to get reports of native coverage in western ND, sounds like some of those new towers are going up.

Western, ND like where...? I was roaming in Dickinson, Belfield and Medora last week.  I'm heading back Monday. 

Anyone have news about Marshall Minnesota. Saw a glimpse of 4g there today at work. I have signal check pro and my phone alerted me it was there for 5 minutes then gone. They have a new tower on the south side of town. They added equipment to an att tower. It still isn't on sprints coverage map but it is on this site upgrade map.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Discouragement setting in here in Grand Forks. No signs of anything happening. 3 lines due for upgrades, and really contemplating things here.

Somebody talk me off the ledge....

Discouragement setting in here in Grand Forks. No signs of anything happening. 3 lines due for upgrades, and really contemplating things here.

Somebody talk me off the ledge....

It likely will be soon.  But we have no timelines.  If you wait you'll be glad you did.  However, if you cannot wait, we understand.  You gotta do what you gotta do.  I'm still waiting on AT&T LTE here in South Dakota.  :(

Robert

It likely will be soon.  But we have no timelines.  If you wait you'll be glad you did.  However, if you cannot wait, we understand.  You gotta do what you gotta do.  I'm still waiting on AT&T LTE here in South Dakota.   :(

Robert

I've been with Sprint for 10 years, dealt with all the bashing, and have tried to convince people Sprint isn't as bad as people say. So, i am sure I am going to stick it out with them to see where this goes.

Ironically, after my post yesterday, I saw digging equipment by a Sprint tower that I drive by everyday. I am hoping that is for the fiber backhaul?

ok guys im in the Denver area and will be going to Sturgis next year and looking at the maps im a bit discouraged.

Obviously thats a long ways away and things are changing by the minute so just like some info on what service is like there now.

However im wondering what swiftell is?

I read on here that sprint is building new towers and if they are do we know where? 

Thanks 

Jeff