Network Vision/LTE - Dakotas Market (including Fargo, Grand Forks, Alexandria MN)

mozamcrew

Network Vision updates (800 MHz not LTE)

- 5 sites in Moorhead and 2 in Glyndon went live last night.

I hope West Fargo goes live soon. I get nearly zero building penetration where I work. The tower on main looks like it might have some new equipment on it...any insider info?

How about for South Fargo near 52nd and University? The signal at my house is quite inconsistent.

Thx.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4344-how-to-spot-sprint-td-lte-antennas-rrus-samsung/

Take a good look at the pics in my thread and the pic you have. It should be fairly simple for you to deduce if Sprint has upgraded the tower after looking at my identification thread! :tu:

• Like 1

Took a drive to the tower closest to my house tonight. There is what I'm assuming a generator, with a sprint label on it, sitting outside of the gate. This definitely want there last weekend. I took a picture but it was dark so I didn't include it. I didn't want to get out of my car to get a better one being it's on private property and figured I already looked plenty suspicious already. I plan on going back this weekend.

This tower is off the I29 frontage road, between 32nd and 52nd avenues.

Seems as though blahblah is saying more than his handle would suggest ;)

Yeah, I am at work right now (across the street from the tower near 40th/42nd) and I am roaming. Had signal most of the night. Updated PRL, profile, reboot, data mode, airplane mode and no go. Going to take a stroll outside and look at the tower in a few minutes when I leave work.

I went by the tower and didn't see anything or anyone over there. It was all dark over there with the exception of a few rolling light posts/generators. But I did have 3G coverage back (eHRPD) although no network access. Finally got it back and the network was crawling. So that's a good sign :) Progress!

Where is this one at?

In West Fargo on Main near Sheyenne...had some Sprint labeled generators and light towers by it too.

FYI: Just woke up and have a 1x800 signal here down by 52nd and University...it's not any stronger than the 1xRTT but time will tell. Progress!

Update: looks like my phone had locked onto a 800MHz tower further away (32nd Ave) meaning the closest one (43rd & Univ) must not be updated...hence the weak signal... Also, I'm at work now in West Fargo and the tower on Main Ave (from my pic yesterday) doesn't appear to be broadcasting 800MHz yet...EVDO is sketchy right now too. Bummer.

I just found this site and I am enjoying everyone's posts. I live in North Moorhead. I had no idea there were other people as ready for this to finally get to the FM area as me.

Welcome! It's a nice little site they have here.

I think just about every sprint customer in the area is ready for this transition, not too many have found there way here it seems though. Either that or their just lurking like I did for a while.

Having trouble connecting to 3G at work by 19th ave north and I29. Never been so happy to have connection issues. Progress indeed!

I was having issues a little bit ago with the tower at work across the steet on 40th Ave/38th Street. Bouncing back and forth between roaming, 1x RTT and EVDO-Rev A (usually eHRPD) and now has finally settled on Rev A. Guessing were in for another series of towers being switched over tonight as well. Also noticed some "data speed upgrades" on network.sprint.com today as well.

Went to the post office over by Scheels on 13th Ave today and I locked onto a 800 MHz tower! Hopefully they get the backhauls in soon!

Uh oh... something is happening....

I saw that a lot today down around 13th Ave. I thought my phone was borked until I saw 5 cars parked at the tower behind the old Hooter's and people scrambling.

I see the interactive map of completed NV sites has been updated in the sponsors forum. It shows the FM sites all as 3G upgrades and not 3G/800, which many are. I'm guessing it is either an oversight or the 800MHz upgrades aren't complete or confirmed.

Hopefully Sprint get things wrapped up soon here in Fargo...including 800MHz on the 43rd & S. Univ. tower so my phone will connect to it again and not the tower a mile away on 32nd w/800MHz signal.

I see the interactive map of completed NV sites has been updated in the sponsors forum. It shows the FM sites all as 3G upgrades and not 3G/800, which many are. I'm guessing it is either an oversight or the 800MHz upgrades aren't complete or confirmed.

3G and 800 are from two different sources.  There can be a slight lag in 800 reports. 

• Like 1

People were up on the tower on 40th Ave S/38th St. on my way to work around a quarter to 4. Didn't see too much happening other than they were halfway up the tower on a lift. That tower already has had the 3G/800 updates done.

I live about a mile from that tower and still have horrible data speeds (around 350 kb down and 500 up while standing outside), but I am connected to 1x800 so that's nice.

By my work off I29 and 19th ave north I can't even perform a speed test and get evdo instead of ehrpd like before. But I'm connected to 800 up there too.

Considering my data in both places seem worse now, it makes me wonder if they are completely finished upgrading 3G on them 2 sites...?

I too have been getting crappy speeds at that tower; more in the 50k up/down range though. When I head home and pull off of the West Fargo tower a few blocks away I am getting consistent 1Mb+ down with 5-700 up. At night after work (normal human beings' early morning) I get into 2Mb/s down quite often. Both sites come up as 1x800 and eHRPD.

nmjedg.png

Result of my speed test outside of my work today...pretty awesome ;)

Signal check shows i have around -85 dBm for both ehrpd and 800 outside.  Inside the building i get around - 90 dBm for 800.  3G alternates between no connection and -110 dBm

I'm about a mile from the closest tower at work.