Network Vision/LTE - Dakotas Market (including Fargo, Grand Forks, Alexandria MN)

mozamcrew

• 3 weeks later...

From Bismarck to Dickinson in North Dakota, a Sensorly LTE purple streak appeared along I-94 and off the freeway in Bismarck and north of Dickinson.  Don't know if it is Sensorly pollution or the real deal.  If I didn't have committed plans this weekend, I'd drive up there and check it out.  Anyone else going through soon?

gallery_1_2_63370.png

Don't know if it is Sensorly pollution or the real deal.

Someone needs to alert the EPA to this "Sensorly pollution."  It cost me a day of my life.

AJ

• Like 5

From Bismarck to Dickinson in North Dakota, a Sensorly LTE purple streak appeared along I-94 and off the freeway in Bismarck and north of Dickinson.  Don't know if it is Sensorly pollution or the real deal.  If I didn't have committed plans this weekend, I'd drive up there and check it out.  Anyone else going through soon?

gallery_1_2_63370.png

Crazy!! i go up there all the time family lives near there, was sprint planning on adding towers in that area? hmmm.. 

Crazy!! i go up there all the time family lives near there, was sprint planning on adding towers in that area? hmmm.. 

We have no idea.  I'd love to go up there and check.  I even have a three day weekend.  But we have guests coming from Minnesota and my son leaves on Monday for an international trip.  My wife already threatened my life when I thought out loud about going this weekend.  :(

• Like 1

We have no idea.  I'd love to go up there and check.  I even have a three day weekend.  But we have guests coming from Minnesota and my son leaves on Monday for an international trip.  My wife already threatened my life when I thought out loud about going this weekend.   :(

"Honey, honestly, I am just going out for some fried chicken." ;)

• Like 3

"Honey, honestly, I am just going out for some fried chicken." ;)

"...in North Dakota" (said sotto voce).

AJ

• Like 2

It looks like my wife has changed her mind and willing to go up there after church on Sunday. Looks like we are a go! Woohoo!

Using Tapatalk on BlackBerry Z30

• Like 7

It looks like my wife has changed her mind and willing to go up there after church on Sunday. Looks like we are a go! Woohoo!

How much ground are you going to cover?

It is early October in North Dakota.  Be sure to bring your parka and snow chains.

:P

AJ

How much ground are you going to cover?

I'm planning to go straight to Bismarck and check things out there. Stay Sunday night. Then drive over to Dickinson and then back into South Dakota on Monday.

It is early October in North Dakota. Be sure to bring your parka and snow chains.

:P

AJ

Heck, we had snow here in South Dakota already. On September 9th!

Remember that person in Minnesota who got service in their home from Sprint and they never had native Sprint service before. Sprint may be expanding after all.

My guess is that they DO have a customer base in Marshall (college students) and the sites in Vesta and Minneota are all about improving the coverage around Marshall since they would flank the town to the east and west.

Frankly, when Hesse took over for Forsee, Sprint was hemmoraging money due to the initial failings of both the Nextel merger (plus the need to buy out affiliates) and Clearwire venture. They now had customers on 2 incompatible networks that had to be maintained, not to mention customer defection due to poor customer service, as well are relying on Clearwire as the fix for the coming data boom. Hesse's and his team were basically there to stop the bleeding. Fixing a network is expensive and takes time (especially when you have to reband spectrum first) so they started with customer service improvements in an effort to keep existing customers in the fold, outsourcing network management to Ericsson to save money, all while planning what eventually became Network Vision. Frankly, Sprint just didn't have the money at that time to be adding cell sites in any significant way. They couldn't afford to maintain and improve the 2 networks they already had. They had to form Clearwire as a separete company with additional backers just to get the money to start the WiMax buildout. They were bleeding money and they knew they would be needing money to finance Network Vision.

Since they folded the Nextel network and started Network Vision, they have been able to add new sites or convert selected Nextel sites to improve coverage in and around their existing service areas. I think Sprint will continue this strategy for the most part.

When we talk about the buildout in the Dakotas and Montana, that is being done primarily because of the buildout requirements for the PCS G block. In a different time where Sprint was less financially sound, I think they would have done the minimum required buildout with just a site or two in each market's biggest town or towns, much like Clearwire did. Now that Softbank is on board and you have more stable financing, I think you are seeing that they are willing to at least make sure they have solid coverage along the interstates and the cities that they passes through.

Heck, we had snow here in South Dakota already. On September 9th!

You must live at the North Pole.  Are you Santa Claus?

AJ

• Like 1

I made it to Bismarck. But I hit a deer at 70 MPH about 30 miles out of town. My Isuzu Ascender is not happy. Very fortunate it did not come through the windshield. Having a late dinner now at a Hawaiian/Japanese fusion joint. Not finding Sprint LTE so far.

• Like 1

Grill, radiator and passenger headlight gone. But it kept cool enough to drive it into Bismarck.

• Like 1

Grill, radiator and passenger headlight gone. But it kept cool enough to drive it into Bismarck.

I made it to Bismarck. But I hit a deer at 70 MPH about 30 miles out of town. My Isuzu Ascender is not happy. Very fortunate it did not come through the windshield. Having a late dinner now at a Hawaiian/Japanese fusion joint. Not finding Sprint LTE so far.

Dislike.

Glad you are ok Robert!

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 4

I cannot believe Legere has resorted to paying off deer in North Dakota. Glad you are ok...

Now that's funny!

• Like 1

It's official. My wife's Isuzu is a total loss. Sending me a check for more than I paid for it when I bought it. Not too shabby.

• Like 3