Network Vision/LTE - Dakotas Market (including Fargo, Grand Forks, Alexandria MN)

mozamcrew

4 hours ago, brockeb1 said:

Fairly certain Sprint Spectrum is broadcasting from 5 other sites in the city as well, but don't have a way to double check at this point.

Ask that mod or check that premiere map fren.

4 hours ago, brockeb1 said:

Just thought I would chime in with a report from Rapid City SD. There has been movement on the Sprint front over the past couple of months. We have approvals for 2 new sites in the city. Site 1 is a brand new tower at 611 Lindbergh Ave at the GoodWill off from Haines Ave. Site 2 is a co-location with the other 3 on the tower at 3305 S Valley Dr. Fairly certain Sprint Spectrum is broadcasting from 5 other sites in the city as well, but don't have a way to double check at this point. Lots of movement again from T-Mo so my hands are full there. If I see any more Sprint activity, I will advise.  

You should get a Google Fi phone and account and monitor it!  :)

Robert

• Like 3

You can also pick up a Raspberry Pi or ZBT 826 router and an M.2/mPCIe LTE radio and USB adapter for less than 150 bucks. This would be carrier agnostic, you can log all day and not have to worry about running an app with the screen on your phone. You can lock bands, scan channels manually, configure your own carrier aggregation combos and even hook up a directional for more precise hunting. Just insert or swap any sim , set APN and go, which is a RARE BIRD in Sprint land. The Red Speckled Spotted hotswap SIM is real. Takes about an hour or two to build if you are slow.

Also, you now have WiFi/fast ethernet available to share your sim's data connection and you can use a larger screen device for better browsing and live log viewing.

Lots of movement again from T-Mo so my hands are full there. If I see any more Sprint activity, I will advise.  

You can get a phone from FreedomPop. Their SIMs are AT&T, but if you buy the phone from them then it's Sprint. Check slickdeals for promos, they'll often have one for $35. Then drop to the free tier (and cancel auto top up), and you'll have a free Sprint line (albeit throttled to I believe 3 Mbps, and 200 MB/month). Perfect for logging and mapping.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Brad The Beast said:

So Sprint still doesn't own any band 41 licenses here yet. So much for the band 41 upgrades that were supposed to be coming this summer...

But do they lease EBS from the University of North Dakota?

Robert

• 2 weeks later...

So I’ve noticed something odd. In the building I’m currently in, I’m roaming on AT&T band 66 but the status bar indicator says “Sprint LTE”. It’s obviously speed restricted and deprioritized as I can’t break 2.5Mbps down and my ping sits at around 200ms. Has anyone else noticed this? This is the second time I’ve seen this happen.

2 hours ago, Brad The Beast said:

So I’ve noticed something odd. In the building I’m currently in, I’m roaming on AT&T band 66 but the status bar indicator says “Sprint LTE”. It’s obviously speed restricted and deprioritized as I can’t break 2.5Mbps down and my ping sits at around 200ms. Has anyone else noticed this? This is the second time I’ve seen this happen.

The carrier tag shows the voice provider on iPhones. As long as you have Sprint 1x, your phone will display Sprint LTE regardless of what LTE network you're on. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RAvirani said:

The carrier tag shows the voice provider on iPhones. As long as you have Sprint 1x, your phone will display Sprint LTE regardless of what LTE network you're on. 

Well that's annoying. I chewed through half of my roaming data without realizing it. 

• 3 months later...

It looks like the site at 4th street and 9th ave in Grand Forks has received its triband upgrades. Saw three radios per antenna when I drove by today. Last time I checked Sprint still doesn't own or lease any band 41 licenses here. FCC ULS is down at the moment so I can't check it. Does anyone have any info for me?

• Like 1

It looks like the site at 4th street and 9th ave in Grand Forks has received its triband upgrades. Saw three radios per antenna when I drove by today. Last time I checked Sprint still doesn't own or lease any band 41 licenses here. FCC ULS is down at the moment so I can't check it. Does anyone have any info for me?
You might wanna look at Spectrum Omega again. Sprint does have B41 available57ff18c60a19e937b9f8f3920bd02588.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Crap nevermind they don't have B41 there. I keep thinking your on Fargo. Then I read your post again. Grand Forks. Still a good question then.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

If there is an EBS license in Grand Forks, say by UND for instance, Sprint could possibly lease it.  That could make a pathway for B41 there.

Robert

• Like 1

5 hours ago, S4GRU said:

If there is an EBS license in Grand Forks, say by UND for instance, Sprint could possibly lease it.  That could make a pathway for B41 there.

Robert

UND dumped their EBS license ages ago. They could possibly have struck a deal with Polar? That's the only thing I can think of. When I drove by that site yesterday I was not getting band 41 speeds. 

• 1 year later...