Network Speed

I wonder if the iPhone 5s (or i6) will support 800 LTE. I assume we will soon find out. If so I will go ahead and grab it in The fall and hope that when our LTE goes live here later in the year that 800 lights up as well. I guess my real question is, will the 800 LTE give me better speeds or just better building penetration. To be honest penetration is all I really care about. Give me 3 meg. Down and in building coverage and I'm satisfied!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

To be honest penetration is all I really care about.

Is this the Dr. Ruth forum?

;)

AJ

To be honest penetration is all I really care about.

Is this the Dr. Ruth forum?

;)

AJ

You win on that one lol

As soon as I hit the post button I saw that and was like....oh crap! :)

But seriously.... My motto on life...

Give me Pandora indoors or give me death. Lol ;)

I guess my real question is, will the 800 LTE give me better speeds or just better building penetration.

On the serious side, yes, while the LTE 1900 and LTE 800 carriers will generally be the same 5 MHz FDD bandwidth, the LTE 800 carrier will probably provide moderately faster data speeds because of at least two factors:  greater signal strength and lighter loading -- the latter due to fewer compatible devices initially.

AJ

• Like 2

I guess my real question is, will the 800 LTE give me better speeds or just better building penetration.

On the serious side, yes, while the LTE 1900 and LTE 800 carriers will generally be the same 5 MHz FDD bandwidth, the LTE 800 carrier will probably provide moderately faster data speeds because of at least two factors: greater signal strength and lighter loading -- the latter due to fewer compatible devices initially.

AJ

That's fair enough. How about inside? Will the 800 cut through these concrete walls better than 1900? Or is that just to situation based? I'm assuming it depends on alot of different factors.

Also From a speed stand point, is 800 less fragile (LTE wise) over a distance?

That's fair enough. How about inside? Will the 800 cut through these concrete walls better than 1900? Or is that just to situation based? I'm assuming it depends on alot of different factors.

Also From a speed stand point, is 800 less fragile (LTE wise) over a distance?

Each structure is different, so there is no way to say.  In general, most concrete walls are impenetrable for all RF.  It is basically only coming through the windows, doors and possibly the roof.

Robert

Yea it's got to be the roof then. We have no windows in the manufacturing areas of the plant. With Sprints 1900 it's hit or miss out there. If what I've read here so far is the norm, and the 1900 is sneaking thru the roof in alot spots I'm hoping the 800 can punch thru a little better. Our company Nextels worked pretty well inside. They worked excellent once the installed the "repeater" on the manufacturing floor.

Yea it's got to be the roof then. We have no windows in the manufacturing areas of the plant. With Sprints 1900 it's hit or miss out there. If what I've read here so far is the norm, and the 1900 is sneaking thru the roof in alot spots I'm hoping the 800 can punch thru a little better. Our company Nextels worked pretty well inside. They worked excellent once the installed the "repeater" on the manufacturing floor.

But with LTE, you won't see a "repeater" of sorts, at least, not at first. Your voice and 3G data services should be fine though.

Sorry if this is off topic, but it was touched on a bit in this thread, which areas of the country will sprint NOT have 800 mhz service? I think Robert had said it would cover most all of the USA.

Sorry if this is off topic, but it was touched on a bit in this thread, which areas of the country will sprint NOT have 800 mhz service? I think Robert had said it would cover most all of the USA.

-Puerto Rico / Virgin Islands.

- 100 to 140km from the Canadian / Mexican borders due to the International Boundary Exclusion Zone (IBEZ). 

The IBEZ is a temporary situation. It's well discussed throughout the forums here.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I think this thread has run its course. Topic is now closed.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 2