Jeffas332

Sprint to Waive Voice, Data and Text Messaging Overage Charges for Oklahoma Residents Affected by Recent Tornado

Very nice PR move, and a nice gesture from a wireless company.  

Burn up those hot spots!

Sent from my little Note2

Okay, folks, time has come for another one of my charitable fund challenges.  Donate to non profit S4GRU to become a sponsor or increase your sponsorship level, and I will equal the first $100 of your donations to S4GRU with matching donations to the American Red Cross in support of the tornado disaster relief in Moore, OK.  

Use the PayPal link on the front page of The Forums.  And be sure to put "Moore" in the comments.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/index

Alright, current and prospective S4GRU sponsors, I know that you will step up to my challenge...

AJ

• Like 8

Okay, folks, time has come for another one of my charitable fund challenges.  Donate to non profit S4GRU to become a sponsor or increase your sponsorship level, and I will equal the first $100 of your donations to S4GRU with matching donations to the American Red Cross in support of the tornado disaster relief in Moore, OK.  

Use the PayPal link on the front page of The Forums.  And be sure to put "Moore" in the comments.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/index

Alright, current and prospective S4GRU sponsors, I know that you will step up to my challenge...

AJ

Thanks AJ!

Thanks Aj^ and w00t what a nice Move by Sprint! HA

Sprint has a fantastic record of not only waiving overage charges, but for customers in areas with no service, waiving charges altogether.  It is compassionate and fantastic.  We never even  had to ask for credits after the hurricane in 2005.  

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• Similar Content

• By EntrepreneurKid
      Given the fact that Virgin has access to Extended Coverage ever since it's Inner Circle plan still now with it's current one at least according to customer service. Shouldn't Virgin be using PRL 55070 like it was with Inner Circle or is 7080 correct? I feel like there's an issue that isn't being paid attention too. Does PRL 7080 have the necessary stuff to make the device roam on Sprints extended partners.
    • By lilotimz
      Here are the Alcatel-Lucent (ALU) Network Vision equipment for Sprint. Their equipment consists of 2x base stations, 6 or 9 Remote Radio Unit (RRU) setups, and 1 standard NV antenna of with connectors on the bottom (4x PCS, 2x SMR). 

Below are images of Alcatel-Lucent equipment. In these images, you will find Alcatel-Lucent base stations, Sprint Network Vision antennas, PCS 1900 & SMR 800 RRUs, and their configurations.
      Alcatel-Lucent 4x40w 25 MHz PCS 1900 B25 RRUs (Panasonic) [old]

Alcatel-Lucent  4x45w 1900 MHz B25 RRU 

ALU 2x50w B26 800 MHz RRU [KMW Communications]

Older Panasonic Setup [4x40w 25 MHz B25]

Standard Alcatel-Lucent Setup 
      Utilizes 2x50w 800 MHz B26 RRU and 4x45w 1900 MHz B25 RRU and compatible antennas. 

Closer Look at the connectors on the bottom of the antennas

Special Case Mexican IBEZ Setup
      Note the lack of 800 MHz RRUs though the antennas are capable of 800 MHz. 

High Capacity Setup

High Capacity no SMR 800 IBEZ setup

* Credits go to those whom took the images of these equipment. You know who you are."
    • By Febby
      I notice a lot of post regarding the markets in IL,FL,TX,PA,NYC.... but how about about the Los Angeles market? I THINK it was samsung doing the set up for the L.A market? Not sure though.... I'm not a sponsor member of the site so I can't really check... if I had a job I'd most definitely donate!

Couple of months ago the local towers were all down and being upgraded to NV I assume since Larry from Howard forums said there was NV work being done my zip code. The speeds were better for a bit but now they are awful again.

Can anyone (most preferred Robert) make a comment on if there is any LTE activity near 90255 area code?

Thanks, great site by the way... I'm a Lurker.
    • By EmeraldReporter
      I have the $100 for two lines Family Unlimited Data Plan with add-on lines at $40.

Would there be any "fine-print" drawbacks?

Like, loss of Unlimited for Life Guarantee?
      Less off-network roaming data allotment from the usual 300+Mb of data?
      Lower priority on the network? I know that bucket data plans have the highest post-paid priority.

What will I miss out on? Because I can NOT fathom that Sprint will be losing money by giving you 3GB of hotspot data AND lose more money than my current plan.

• By EntrepreneurKid
      I'm here looking for answers to a simple question. Where is this mystery Sprint signal coming from? For the past few weeks I've received a signal on multiple Sprint devices, two Sprint devices with roaming turned off, and two Virgin Mobile phones and Virgin Mobile phones can't roam, the other rate plans might be able but I'm talk about Virgin Mobile devices from before they introduced all those other plans. What I'm making clear is these devices have to be picking up a Sprint signal, plus I've downloaded the SignalCheck Pro app which has indicated two different signals 1XRTT and 1X800. 

The signal only last for about 8 hours each morning and begins coming in and out towards the end of each morning. I try making a call and it fails, and it doesn't get any data at all. I try each device and they all do the same thing they have a signal and very strong signal with no data, and voice doesn't go threw, I haven't tried sending a text figured no data, no voice then there must be no text.

I read about some "projects"  that Sprint has going on Project Ocean and Project Cedar. Since Project Ocean is suppose to be taking place in Missouri and I live so close to the Iowa, Missouri line, I figured if there is a tower going up maybe it is possible I'm getting a signal from it, in the early stages. I really don't know what is going on, if Sprint is launching service, putting up new towers and that signal finally comes, and stays, and works. I'll be back full time on the Sprint ban wagon. Unfortunately, I live in an area not served by (according to experience and coverage map) Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint. Not even the two Iowa carriers i Wireless or Chat Mobility serve my area, go 10, 15 or 20 miles in any direction your good, here, wireless dead zone, no choice of carriers. And if Sprint puts a tower here if I finally get an answer and learn that signal will soon come and stay and work I'll finally have a choice.

So if anyone has any ideas, has experienced this in other parts of the country or has any idea what could be going on please say. Any information is better than not knowing, and together maybe this will be answered.