Experimenting w/ Link Aggregation @ home.

danielholt

I was in no way trying to say that satellite was a good option.  Slow speeds, data is capped at low amounts and it is pretty expensive.  Then again my 3/1 Time Warner at $45/month is no steal either.  Anyway, just wanted to say that it was available.  In areas like where my parents live it is better than the only other option they have, which is dial up.

I was in no way trying to say that satellite was a good option.  Slow speeds, data is capped at low amounts and it is pretty expensive.  Then again my 3/1 Time Warner at $45/month is no steal either.  Anyway, just wanted to say that it was available.  In areas like where my parents live it is better than the only other option they have, which is dial up.

Yep, better than nothing.  I did move a friend of mine over to Verizon Fusion as it gave him a few more GB for the month plus the latency was 100 times better.  If I remember right he got a discount as well when bundled with the Verizon home connect as it was half the price as land line.  He's an AT&T cell user so I didn't want him to get from them in case their site went down he would have no phone.  I was very impressed with the sound quality of that Verizon home connect.  I haven't had a chance to go check out his broadband yet.  Seems weird to see Verizon LTE and AT&T LTE at his house but not a drop of Sprint CDMA, only iDen but of course that goes away in a month or so.