Network Vision/LTE - Louisiana Market (Lake Charles, Lafayette, Alexandria, Beaumont/Port Arthur Texas)

pokefan02

And that's almost the max you will see. The 5mhz of spectrum allows for about 37 megabit down.

Looking at the LTE signal numbers in the top left of the screen I can see it was taken very very close to the active site. LTE is very dependent on signal strength but usually even in the fringes that 2 or 3 megabit is better than the Evdo speeds.

I got that while sitting at the light (12th/Common). At my house I pull down 5-6mbs.

I haven't seen anything so far with my S4. I suppose I will with all the recent posts, but so far I got nada @ work on Prien Lake Rd.

Download the Sensorly app from the Playstore or go to Sensorly.com, make sure you pick the Sprint LTE map and you'll see all the purple they've mapped out around town. 

I haven't seen anything so far with my S4. I suppose I will with all the recent posts, but so far I got nada @ work on Prien Lake Rd.

Drive to the Krogers on 12th Street, if it doesn't connect to LTE in a couple minutes restart your phone. If it still doesn't connect you may need to have your phone checked.

Download the Sensorly app from the Playstore or go to Sensorly.com, make sure you pick the Sprint LTE map and you'll see all the purple they've mapped out around town.

Drive to the Krogers on 12th Street, if it doesn't connect to LTE in a couple minutes restart your phone. If it still doesn't connect you may need to have your phone checked.

I have Sensorly. Just looked and it's all north of me. Very good! Thanks!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

I went out and about this morning and did a little mapping. This is so exciting watching the network expand.

Unfortunately there's not much mapping left to be done until we get more sites fired up. Although...filling in the gaps is still kinda fun. :P

Unfortunately there's not much mapping left to be done until we get more sites fired up. Although...filling in the gaps is still kinda fun. :P

Then the fun part begins...  all the low signals near a new site will take many passes to get them up as Sensorly averages the signal reports.  Some of them were mapped low so many times that I swear I've probably passed like 20-30 times and the color hasn't budged much even when the signal is high.  I end up just driving on another road nearby that isn't mapped so I can map some deep purple on the map to show the site is on. 

For example:

Look at this one:  http://www.sensorly.com/map/4G/US/USA/Sprint/lte_310sprint#q=30.42258,-91.15043

It was activated last week and I'm sure its been mapped at a higher signal many times recently but it will take a lot to get the areas previously mapped light purple to the correct color.

Then the fun part begins...  all the low signals near a new site will take many passes to get them up as Sensorly averages the signal reports.  Some of them were mapped low so many times that I swear I've probably passed like 20-30 times and the color hasn't budged much even when the signal is high.  I end up just driving on another road nearby that isn't mapped so I can map some deep purple on the map to show the site is on. 

For example:

Look at this one:  http://www.sensorly.com/map/4G/US/USA/Sprint/lte_310sprint#q=30.42258,-91.15043

It was activated last week and I'm sure its been mapped at a higher signal many times recently but it will take a lot to get the areas previously mapped light purple to the correct color.

Wow! That's alot of purple...but yeah, I get what you're saying. I was thinking about the possibilities of it changing with whatever tweaking they do on the sites.

Wow! That's alot of purple...but yeah, I get what you're saying. I was thinking about the possibilities of it changing with whatever tweaking they do on the sites.

Don't get too excited..  I kind of remove the light purple areas from my view as it really isn't usable LTE unless you are standing outside holding your phone above your head. 

Don't get too excited..  I kind of remove the light purple areas from my view as it really isn't usable LTE unless you are standing outside holding your phone above your head. 

LOL...that's funny you say that. The difference between standing in my front yard compared to the back will put you in those predicaments. I find myself contorting just a bit to try and alter the signal. :P

Live on Prien Lake Rd!

Think pokefan scooped it a couple days ago and mapped on Sensorly.  Please post a screenshot of the LTE engineering screen when you have chance.  Dial ##DEBUG#, the code is 777468(Sprint), pick LTE engineering.

If you still need them I can grab it on my way home this evening.

I have them down as "153, 322, 491 ?" which marks them as yellow since the screenshot was only a  -97 signal which isn't 100% confirmation.

I have laterm down as "153, 322, 491 ?" which marks them as yellow since the screenshot was only a -97 signal which isn't 100% confirmation.

322 is what I grabbed the other day with a -86. I'll head that way later and verify the other 2.

post-12519-0-18795700-1376347156_thumb.png