Network Vision/LTE - Louisiana Market (Lake Charles, Lafayette, Alexandria, Beaumont/Port Arthur Texas)

pokefan02

I noticed that some base cabinets were installed at a South Lake Charles site on Monday but no panels yet. There is not many sites left over here

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

I noticed that some base cabinets were installed at a South Lake Charles site on Monday but no panels yet. There is not many sites left over here

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Where? I am in the process of moving to the sw side off Tank Farm.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

lte been on there

why don't ya become a sponsor and you can see all of the Louisiana Market that have LTE 

just donate a couple of bucks for the site

Jeez just trying to help, thought I'd share my experience - didn't realize the good stuff is locked behind a pay wall.  

If you're supposed to donate to see anything why have a free section at all?

Kinda new to all this, what is that exactly? All I know on my galaxy s4 there is no 4g?

Download the Sensorly app or go to Sensorly.com the purple is from other Sprint users mapping out 4G LTE. Make sure you are looking at the Sprint LTE version of the map.

I see it. that's weird, I wonder why I don't have any 4g doesn't connect when in those areas

Probably something wrong with the SIM card in your device. We have seen that before. It's difficult to get fixed in a non launched market though as the Sprint drones will argue up and down that Monroe doesn't have LTE.

Check all your settings and make sure LTE is turned on.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Closing out the year...

In Progress 0

Legacy    19

3G/4G    56
4G    35
3G    66
3G/800/4G    12 (800mhz blocked)
3G/800    1 (800mhz blocked)

Completion Estimates based on December 2013 Install/Upgrade rates:

RRU Install    3/14/2014
3G Accepted    10/4/2014
4G Accepted    1/12/2015
1x800 Accepted    5/2/2052

• Like 1

Closing out the year...

In Progress 0

Legacy 19

3G/4G 56

4G 35

3G 66

3G/800/4G 12 (800mhz blocked)

3G/800 1 (800mhz blocked)

Completion Estimates based on December 2013 Install/Upgrade rates:

RRU Install 3/14/2014

3G Accepted 10/4/2014

4G Accepted 1/12/2015

1x800 Accepted 5/2/2052

I see 800 acceptance is coming right up in your market!

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

• 5 weeks later...

Status update for the Louisiana market January 2014:

Known RRU/Cabinet installs: 1
4G acceptances: 7
3G acceptances (adds to existing 4G only sites): 14
1x800 acceptances: 0

Completion Estimations based on Jan-2014 completion rates:

RRU Install - 4/11/2014
3G Accepted - 5/7/2014
4G Accepted - 8/1/2014
1x800 Accepted - 6/1/2052

• 4 weeks later...

Status update for the Louisiana market Feb 2014:

Known RRU/Cabinet installs: 1
4G acceptances: 3
3G acceptances (adds to existing 4G only sites): 8
1x800 acceptances: 0

Completion Estimations based on Feb-2014 completion rates:

RRUs Installed - 4/25/2015
3G Accepted - 7/12/2014
4G Accepted - 12/24/2014
1x800 Accepted - 3/21/2052

Boys and girls. I grew up in Lake Charles. I am watching your deployment from Denver Co. I know it's not happening fast enough for you, but know this: We are a larger market than you, and we are behind you. We are just starting to get a few cells around our city.  I grew up on cusic, 1/2 block south of McNeese. (Miss my family, cajun food, fishing, duck and goose hunting and all the friends I grew up with in the 60's and 70's) Enjoy the new network. It's going to be fantastic. Santa

• Like 2

Digiblur maintains a spreadsheet of all the information for the NOLA and Louisiana markets. That's where the stats come from. A number of other markets do as well, but it's maintained by members, not staff.

This is the best we've got for the Colorado market, unless someone would like to take it upon themselves to start tracking the data: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/212-network-visionlte-deployment-running-list/page-3&do=findComment&comment=145611

Thank you sir. You just answered the 100 million dollar question I have been seeking. I can wait 4 months. I started running towers today for fun! I am getting crazy at my old age.... Santa  (I am getting 4GLte forced on my mega near sites that show no activity on our map. Thoughts? Thanks Phil

Thanks Dwoellerwx. I see that you moved the thread to colorado. To all of you cajun's in southwest louisiana, I hope only the best for you with Sprint... May your coverage be great. Hoping it comes sooner than you expect...  Hoping you enjoy your friends, family and cajun upbringing. Let the good times rock and roll!!!

s

• Like 1

Boys and girls, we need your  feedback on what's happening here to give other members information. sw louisiana is opening with Lte. It will be in clusters , (different areas). Please report when you go live.. Congrats! Santa

• 1 year later...

So I guess I am one of the few people left that keep up with this area; I recently moved  from the Houston market back home with family to north of Beaumont. Where I saw lots of love of 4G speeds and improvements in Houston, back home near Silsbee things seem to have been at a snails pace :(

Long ago, I posted a thread about iDEN towers Nextel used to have in the area.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/967-rural-iden-decommissiong-and-network-vision/

Is there any possibility of some of these old locations re-entering service?

• 10 months later...

For what it's worth, I was getting Band 41 LTE in Alec late last year (Around the mall and US-165 between the two I-49 exits), but unfortunately the last couple of months I've only seen Band 25/26.  

Thought it might be my phone but I've had no problems getting Band 41 in Dallas and Houston.  

Edited by garcon

For what it's worth, I was getting Band 41 LTE in Alec late last year (Around the mall and US-165 between the two I-49 exits), but unfortunately the last couple of months I've only seen Band 25/26.  

Thought it might be my phone but I've had no problems getting Band 41 in Dallas and Houston.  

This could be a sign of better things to come or an outage, but an outage would effect all bands...