ICS may be out for GSll in March.

legion125

I'm running the latest FD10 build, and it seems to be smooth, no issues so far with battery life.

My biggest concern was the lag I found when texting while using FD05, and it looks like there is some improvement.

FD10 is out, good stuff. So far i have only been flashing modems as i am just waiting for an official ICS build to be released. Keep testing those leaked builds, the more stable they are the closer they are to official release. One can hope that is.

The FD24 "leak" is supposedly the official build of ICS for E4GT, with all the bugs worked out of it. The zipped file to update manually through stock recovery was also leaked.

Here's the review:

Here's how to update manually:

I also have a question. How safe is flashing the update zip through stock recovery? I'm unrooted and I really want to do this but I don't want to end up bricking my phone.

Watch and read carefully, before flashing.

Here is the easier way.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1618724

Put phone on download mode, and run it. It works like back to stock GB. Remember it will delete data and apps, it will not delete your photos but make a backup just in case.

REMEMBER, nobody is responsible for what you do with your phone, so read carefully until your confident to do it.

SFHUB are the best way and the easier, is like one click solution.

• 2 weeks later...

Do you think the reason, why Samsung hasn't released ICS for the Galaxy 2 Series is because they are adding features to it? Like they are adding some of the GSIII features to the build? After seeing the press release and launch I would love to have some of those features from the GSIII on the GSII....

Do you think the reason, why Samsung hasn't released ICS for the Galaxy 2 Series is because they are adding features to it? Like they are adding some of the GSIII features to the build? After seeing the press release and launch I would love to have some of those features from the GSIII on the GSII....

That would be great. Although it could just be that they want to get 4.0.4 running correctly on it. According to the FE07 RDF document that was released yesterday, the FE07 build will be running on 4.0.4. I would love to see S Voice and the feature where it stays on when you're looking at it. Is that second one baked into the SIII's software only or is there a special lens in the front camera that features that capability?

That would be great. Although it could just be that they want to get 4.0.4 running correctly on it. According to the FE07 RDF document that was released yesterday, the FE07 build will be running on 4.0.4. I would love to see S Voice and the feature where it stays on when you're looking at it. Is that second one baked into the SIII's software only or is there a special lens in the front camera that features that capability?

Hmm, not sure. I believe it should work, just as long as u have front-facing.....I would love the S Voice too, cause Vlingo is cool, but it's not like Siri or S Voice (way better than Siri.....lol)....

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just an update: the latest leak, FF11, seems to be the final. One of the members of XDA claims that there will be no more RDFs, and another claims it is the last leak. Speculation is that we will see OTA after the SIII gets released, probably Monday the 25th. Calkulin stated that FF11 is final as well.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=27438663

Edited by EggotheKilljoy
  • Like 2