ICS may be out for GSll in March.

legion125

Although it doesn't mention whether this is for all GSll's, the international and/or U.S. versions. Since a lot of people seen to have the Sprint version on this site. How many are waiting for the stock version or have you already rooted?

http://www.bgr.com/2012/02/10/ice-cream-sandwich-may-hit-samsung-galaxy-s-ii-galaxy-note-on-march-1st/

Ice Cream Sandwich may hit Samsung Galaxy S II, Galaxy Note on March 1st

An Ice Cream Sandwich update for the Samsung Galaxy S II and Galaxy Note is slated for a March 1st release, according to mobile industry insider Eldar Murtazin. Murtazin posted a tweet claiming the official update would roll out next month, though availability will vary depending on country and carrier. He also said that the Android 4.0 update will be made available over the air or using Samsung’s Kies software. Samsung previously announced that an Android 4.0 upgrade would be coming to the Galaxy S II, Galaxy S II LTE, Galaxy Note, Galaxy R, Galaxy Tab 10.1, Galaxy Tab 8.9, Galaxy Tab 7.7 and Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus.

and another one!

http://phandroid.com/2012/02/18/samsung-epic-4g-touch-leaked-official-android-4-0-rom-now-working/

Must be close! :)

If that Epic 4G Touch LTE that was rumored here today is true, I would bet it will launch with ICS... especially considering all this is going on with the Epic 4G Touch WiMax.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I found a video reviewing the leaked version of 4.0.3 for the E4GT, and it seems to have a few bugs, but not many. It's was released on February 27th (FB27, which is part of the build number). The link to the video is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGh9LttuAi4&feature=g-all&context=G2514f2aFAAAAAAAAaAA

If anybody has seen it already, or if anybody goes to see it, whats your opinion on the build? I personally really like that it allows the user to clear launcher defaults and use the stock ICS launcher over Touchwiz.

• Like 3

Thanks for posting. I would totally move over to this. I can live with these bugs. But the no ClockworkMOD recovery support is the kicker for me. Still going to wait.

- Robert

• Like 1

QBKing is the first to try everything out. How many phones does that guy have???

That's a good question. Although almost all of his videos that I've seen of his have been on the E4GT though. I think that's his main phone. I have no clue what else he has.

• Like 2

Thanks for posting. I would totally move over to this. I can live with these bugs. But the no ClockworkMOD recovery support is the kicker for me. Still going to wait.

- Robert

I dont have this device but evidently Calk has it up at xda and says clockwork should be used...for what its worth

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1524637

and also here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1527041

Calk is a solid dev btw if your not aware of him. Guy always did nice work on the EVO4G.

Edited by Sgt. Slaughter

I run Calks on my E4GT. Good stuff. Thanks for the link. I'll go check it out.

Posted via Forum Runner

I run Calks on my E4GT. Good stuff. Thanks for the link. I'll go check it out.

Posted via Forum Runner

Yeah he was my go to guy for the evo4G as he always kept it stock with a lil theming that was subtle and a few performance tweaks. Nothing ever overboard which was nice as it allowed u to add things theme wise u wanted after....

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

QBKing is the first to try everything out. How many phones does that guy have???

Haha! I know right!?!

He's the guy with all the info tho!

I really don't make a move without watching his videos first!

I read somewhere that the official ics won't be until three middle of the month.

I wouldn't flash either without recovery!

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

They are up to FD05 now..

THe latest video he has of a leak is FC18, i think, and from what it looks like the leaks are getting better and better, so hopefully that means were closer to an ICS official release.

Anybody know if the messaging bug has been fixed?

I'm running Calks v1.3 FC22 build FC24 modem and I do not have any bugs at all. My only complaint is that it has only 85% of the battery life of EL29 on GB.

Robert - Posted from my E4GT with ICS using Forum Runner

Ok' date=' I heard Calk wasn't going to work on any more builds until the messaging issue was resolved by samsung. Maybe I missed a post somewhere.[/quote']

He has a v1.4 now. I'm downloading now. But I haven't had any messaging issues.

Robert via NOVO7PALADIN Tablet using Forum Runner

I'm running Calks v1.3 FC22 build FC24 modem and I do not have any bugs at all. My only complaint is that it has only 85% of the battery life of EL29 on GB.

Robert - Posted from my E4GT with ICS using Forum Runner

I think its a modem issue.

I went back to FC15 modem over the weekend because FC24, FD02 and FD05 gave me worse battery life.

FD02 wasnt nearly as bad though.

Im on Stock Rooted EL29 ROM/Kernel with FC15 modem.

I think its a modem issue.

I went back to FC15 modem over the weekend because FC24, FD02 and FD05 gave me worse battery life.

FD02 wasnt nearly as bad though.

Im on Stock Rooted EL29 ROM/Kernel with FC15 modem.

As long as I don't use my E4GT with the newer modems, then the battery seems to last forever. I unplugged at 6AM this morning I am still at 81%. But I have only used my phone 15 minutes all day. However, if I am stready using my E4GT, battery life has been pretty lousy in general on FD05. Running between 70% and 85% the amount of time it ran on EL29. But definitely not prohibitive, just noticeable.

However, I am now not having any bug issues on these last builds. Very happy. And now that I am used to ICS, I cannot go back!

Robert