COUNTDOWN!!! Nextel iDEN Shutdown

I can not wait til 1x 800 arrives in my area either.  When at home I constantly bounce from roaming on a site that is less that 2 miles away and native sprint signal from a site that is roughly 5 miles away.  What confuses me is that I am usually between -105 and -115 from either of them.

I never have issues with voice calls at this signal but texting can be a pain at times.  The main problem is when Im roaming it causes my phone to burn through the battery while it just lays on the coffee table. 1x 800 will hopefully eliminate my roaming.

I would guess that you are directly pointing at the sector antenna for the further away tower, while the closer tower you might be right between sectors, causing the odd signal fluctuation.

What percentage of time do you guys think you'll be on LTE-800 data? 2500 data?

Probably most of the time I will be on 1x 800 as I doubt 800 LTE will cut it in many places. It will help though as we use a lot of roaming throughout the city. I was riding through a 100% complete active LTE area today and to be honest I wouldn't have really known it if I was an average customer. Had to turn off LTE to get data to work. Regular customers won't know to do that. It will just frustrate them to cancel. For example now that my wife has LTE on the site that covers her work about one mile away I have to listen about how data never works on 4g.

Sent from my little Note2

When I get really low reception LTE. things can get a little wonky, but it hasn't been a real big deal for me so far.

I ended up installing the SignalCheck app on her phone so she could tell when 4G was going to work or not.  I've tried to stay positive on things and wait but I knew it was going to be bad before all this started.  Several areas have the 3 or 4 sites around active so I was able to get a real sense of LTE since the area was done.  It works pretty good in most places outdoors, indoors not so much.  I've always said before, I'm hanging around until 800SMR to see if it fixes a lot of the in town roaming otherwise it's carrier shopping for us as NV just didn't pan out for this area.  No biggie but I'm hoping it does as I do enjoy the unlimited data.  

The network support team has my patience wearing thin though.  A site went LTE active last week allowing a -97 or so LTE signal at my desk.  4 days in a row I can hit 12-14 mbit at 7am in the morning, as the day continues by lunch time you are lucky to get 100 kilobit and ping times are in the 4000-5000ms range.  I end up turning off LTE to get data back even though I have a nice signal, then I get stuck with no data on the broken EVDO channel 100 on the site one block over.  I have been fighting with customer support with since November 2012 on this issue.  I know between me and another member here we have probably 20 to 25 tickets opened in the history on this site.  They keep closing the tickets even though the problem is not fixed.  So I keep opening tickets every day I get stuck on it.  My patience is wearing thin with this issue....  can't they understand I just want to use Tapatalk for S4GRU on my phone at work!?   

• Like 8

I ended up installing the SignalCheck app on her phone so she could tell when 4G was going to work or not.  I've tried to stay positive on things and wait but I knew it was going to be bad before all this started.  Several areas have the 3 or 4 sites around active so I was able to get a real sense of LTE since the area was done.  It works pretty good in most places outdoors, indoors not so much.  I've always said before, I'm hanging around until 800SMR to see if it fixes a lot of the in town roaming otherwise it's carrier shopping for us as NV just didn't pan out for this area.  No biggie but I'm hoping it does as I do enjoy the unlimited data.  

The network support team has my patience wearing thin though.  A site went LTE active last week allowing a -97 or so LTE signal at my desk.  4 days in a row I can hit 12-14 mbit at 7am in the morning, as the day continues by lunch time you are lucky to get 100 kilobit and ping times are in the 4000-5000ms range.  I end up turning off LTE to get data back even though I have a nice signal, then I get stuck with no data on the broken EVDO channel 100 on the site one block over.  I have been fighting with customer support with since November 2012 on this issue.  I know between me and another member here we have probably 20 to 25 tickets opened in the history on this site.  They keep closing the tickets even though the problem is not fixed.  So I keep opening tickets every day I get stuck on it.  My patience is wearing thin with this issue....  can't they understand I just want to use Tapatalk for S4GRU on my phone at work!?   

Digiblur did they assign you someone from their Service Performance Resolution Team? If yes, how was the interaction. I was recently assigned someone from that team..

Digiblur did they assign you someone from their Service Performance Resolution Team? If yes, how was the interaction. I was recently assigned someone from that team..

No, just some customer service rep that I talk with constantly via email and phone anytime I get stuck on the channel 100.  She opens a ticket supposedly and thats it.  Sometimes I get a call back from OKC, sometimes I don't.  Even though there has not been even one little peep of work performed on this site for NV they constantly blame the upgrades and close the tickets.  I've talked with others and they have experienced the same, network support just figures out a way to close the ticket in hopes of the problem going away when the site receives the upgrade.  

But I'm going to kill this convo as it was a rough day yesterday and probably shouldn't have spilled the facts like I did as it reread things this morning and it really seems like a rant that belongs over at the other Sprint forums. 

I don't know about 100% completion but in Gettysburg the LTE was consistent and fast as well as 3G. The bars matched my LTE

signal very well.

In a harsh city like NYC, got excellent consistent signal driving from midtown to uptown for the first time ever..looking promising so far..

Just 30 more days!  WooHoo!  Anyone else want to Sponsor the clock?  We will run out of Sponsors soon!

Robert

• Like 1

Just 30 more days!  WooHoo!  Anyone else want to Sponsor the clock?  We will run out of Sponsors soon!

If others do not step up to sponsor the clock, I can return several times as the sponsor.  It will be like Robert is George Steinbrenner, and I am Billy Martin.

;)

AJ

• Like 2

If others do not step up to sponsor the clock, I can return several times as the sponsor. It will be like Robert is George Steinbrenner, and I am Billy Martin.

;)

AJ

That's probably a better plan than mine. I was going to let it go dark during unsponsored periods. ;)

Robert via Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 1

If others do not step up to sponsor the clock, I can return several times as the sponsor. It will be like Robert is George Steinbrenner, and I am Billy Martin.

;)

AJ

That's probably a better plan than mine. I was going to let it go dark during unsponsored periods. ;)

Robert via Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Don't do that. In a few days I'll put money in my bank and sponsor a day on the countdown clock.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

If others do not step up to sponsor the clock, I can return several times as the sponsor.  It will be like Robert is George Steinbrenner, and I am Billy Martin.

AJ

Only 14 days of sponsorship left.  We will be auctioning off the 29th (the final day) on E-Bay in the next week or so.

Robert

• Like 4

Does the countdown clock have any audio chime options? Could we get it to "chirp" down the final seconds?

AJ

• Like 2

OK...that's it.  We are all booked up on the countdown sponsorship now.  We will be auctioning off the final 24 hours of the countdown clock on EBay in the not too distant future.

Robert

• Like 3

Once all is said and done in about a month, I may have to write a parody obituary entitled, "Nextel, where you at?"

AJ

• Like 5

Will Sprint shut down the Nextel part of their coverage map's at the same time.

Almost assuredly. Come June 30 or July 1, Sprint will not show any remaining Nextel coverage. And any coverage that does remain in the following days will be nothing more than vestiges due to the logistics of shutting down an entire national network.

AJ

• Like 2