COUNTDOWN!!! Nextel iDEN Shutdown

Will iDEN Countdown donations count towards Premier Sponsor status?

I cannot speak for Robert, but I would say that, yes, any donations should count toward Premier status.

AJ

All donations logged in the database aggregate toward Premier Sponsorship. Also, one interesting note is with gift sponsors, we credit both the giver and recipient.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

• Like 1

I imagine the sounds of millions of chirps simultaneously being silenced at once. As the Alderan network is vanquished.

Hey wait, does that mean we're the Empire? Maybe I need to rethink my analogy...

• Like 10

I think CDMA 800 acceptances will become much more common.

It was explained to me today by someone from S.P.R.T (Service Performance Resolution Team) that the tower covering my home will see CDMA 800 as its first NV upgrade within the next 3 months and NV 3G/4G should be expected to be deployed within 6 months. He stated that FL should be seeing a significant amount of 800 MHz deployment in the next couple of months and he stated a number of 75 towers schedule to be completed in the next 90 days. Robert, if this does indeed turn out to be accurate you'll need to add an additional marker for just CDMA 800 deployment in the subscriber section.

• Like 1

It was explained to me today by someone from S.P.R.T (Service Performance Resolution Team) that the tower covering my home will see CDMA 800 as its first NV upgrade within the next 3 months and NV 3G/4G should be expected to be deployed within 6 months. He stated that FL should be seeing a significant amount of 800 MHz deployment in the next couple of months and he stated a number of 75 towers schedule to be completed in the next 90 days. Robert, if this does indeed turn out to be accurate you'll need to add an additional marker for just CDMA 800 deployment in the subscriber section.

Yeah, that would be a new one. We have never had a CDMA 800 acceptance before a 3G. Not once. They sometimes are together, though.

It may be not an acceptance issue, but a live date issue. For instance, it's possible that the CDMA 800 and CDMA 1900 get accepted on the same date, but the CDMA 1900 waits a few months to go live until the whole cluster is ready. Whereas the CDMA 800 can go live at any time and doesn't require a cluster.

Robert

• Like 1

Countdown Clock Sponsors:

• 5/8-5/10 WiWavelength
  • 5/11-5/13 4ginnc
  • 5/14-5/16 leerage
  • 5/17-5/20 PDXmike
  • 5/21-5/23 RCM

WhooHoo!!!! My name in lights. :) I can't believe I finally made it to the SHOW.

• Like 1

Maybe this has been covered but will the shutdown really make a difference in SMR800 voice deployment? Maybe it varies by market, I'm in Chicago, but I thought Sprint had previously cleared out enough 800 for a single 1x carrier everywhere and it would appear as towers are upgraded and approved?

Also from what I read here, the 800MHz spectrum Sprint has across the nation generally only has room for 1 1x carrier and one 5Mhz LTE 800 carrier so shutting down Nextel would really only speed up ability to deploy 800 LTE but not 800 1x? Or am I missing something.

I'm sure it will make a difference. There will be no delicate dance to coordinate between reconfiguring iDen sites to not step on the 800SMR CDMA and vice-versa. It will be free and clear for the contractors to test things as well just like how the LTE spectrum is free from them to do whatever on that site.

Has anyone found any cell sites in the Washington, DC area that have activated 800smr early?

We have had member reports of seeing CDMA 800 in Downtown DC and in the Maryland suburbs in the past.

Without going into a diagnostic screen there is no way to tell if u are on 800 smr right ?

You can get an app that will tell you. Other than that, no.

• Like 1

Without going into a diagnostic screen there is no way to tell if u are on 800 smr right ?

Get SignalCheck from the Play store, its written by S4GRU member mikejeep :)

• Like 7

It's not free though. :-)

Just pay the $1.99 for it and you will enjoy the extra benefits that go with it.

I did and lots of other members have and we enjoy it for what we use it for.

Hope that helps to buy it and start enjoying it.

• Like 5