COUNTDOWN!!! Nextel iDEN Shutdown

I'll donate tomorrow when I get paid. Is there going to be a bidding process to sponsor the clock on the last day?

That's a great idea! We should hold an auction for having the right to Sponsor June 29th. "Brilliant!"

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

• Like 5

Now 1x 800 is only going to be available at sites that have already been upgraded right?

According to the markets thread, my area looks like it's going to get attention with in the next month or so, so the question may be moot to me, but still curious. I am particularly excited, as I have avoided getting an airave, I don't have a ton of bandwidth to spare (3 mbps) and didn't want to bog it down with anything else. I get pretty patchy signal in the house, not unusable, but not great. So needless to say, between the tower upgrades, and getting 800 MHZ, I am pretty psyched imagining fully usable signal in the house. (And it sounds like what they say will be true, about Sprint getting the upperhand on coverage, I live in a rural area, all carriers get crappy signal in my home)

I could dig up my Boost Mobile i450...or my i425...but they're currently inactive. Maybe they'll pull down a signal though, and I can see the minute the network goes offline on the 30th in two locations (Austin and Fredericksburg).

• Like 2

@s4gru sorry for the multipost my phone didn't seem to be responding

No problem. I was already cleaning them up.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

From my understanding *ALL* sprint LTE phones can use 800 CDMA, and a few of the last wimax phones also, evo 3d etc.

S4GRU readers, want to see your name up in lights? Here is your chance...

The Nextel iDEN countdown clock is up on the front page of The Forums.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/index

As a fundraiser for non profit S4GRU, you can claim "naming rights" to the iDEN countdown clock for a day for a $5 donation. I have already made my claim on the first three days through the end of this workweek. Now, who will step up to the plate and meet my challenge to keep the sponsorship going?

Celebrate the shutdown of iDEN. Show your support for CDMA1X 800 and LTE 800. And, of course, see your name get recognized by thousands of other readers around the country.

Just make a $5 PayPal donation, put "iDEN countdown" in the message, and the clock is yours for a day.

AJ

Will iDEN Countdown donations count towards Premier Sponsor status?

• Like 1

Will iDEN Countdown donations count towards Premier Sponsor status?

I cannot speak for Robert, but I would say that, yes, any donations should count toward Premier status.

AJ

• Like 2

Just sent my usual monthly S4GRU donation your way, but forgot to use the comment box. I'll take the corresponding number of days on the countdown clock, if available. :)

I'm excited about the shutdown! My neighbor complains to me about his crappy *Sprint* company phone whenever I bring up cellphones. The other day he told me he didn't have any service on I80 or something in some spot, I said to him "well if you really lost service then you should've roamed on Verizon or US Cellular, so you must not have roaming turned on or something".....So he brings his phone out, and I look at it and sure enough it says Nextel.... I laughed and told him that is NOT the Sprint network he is on! Anyway apparently they have shut down a vast amount of coverage, just going by how much my neighbor complains hahahaha. That tower I posted a picture of months ago by my house is still live though, the phone had full service when I saw it.

So anyway, I can't wait for them to shut Nextel down completely! So Sprint can move on with deploying the rest of that awesome SMR800 spectrum that has helped my service inside dense urban buildings and rural area's dramatically since they began deploying it. As for my neighbor's company Nextel phone....I imagine they've already got a contract in line with AT&T for PTT phones or something (highly doubt Sprint, apparently they tried it back when they were a mess and ended up switching back to Nextel in the mean time)

• Like 1