For some devices, NetMonitor will be a better app than CDMA Field Test.

Robert

Robert, any idea if there is any live 4G in the Boston area right now? Getting a Galaxy Nexus tomorrow and would like to report some speedtests for you (if that would be helpful) - just need to know if I can drive to an active tower.

Robert, any idea if there is any live 4G in the Boston area right now? Getting a Galaxy Nexus tomorrow and would like to report some speedtests for you (if that would be helpful) - just need to know if I can drive to an active tower.

My tower map only says that 3G is live at the Network Vision sites that are complete in the Boston market. Because the site list from Sprint only had 3G checked. However, it's possible that 4G LTE is indeed live, but it is not getting checked off in the Boston market database. I'm looking for confirmation from Members in Chicago and Boston once they start getting LTE devices.

Robert

My tower map only says that 3G is live at the Network Vision sites that are complete in the Boston market. Because the site list from Sprint only had 3G checked. However, it's possible that 4G LTE is indeed live, but it is not getting checked off in the Boston market database. I'm looking for confirmation from Members in Chicago and Boston once they start getting LTE devices.

Robert

I wonder if there will be a flood of 4G sites since there will finally be devices available to access LTE.

• Like 1

For some devices' date=' NetMonitor will be a better app than CDMA Field Test.

Robert[/quote']

Is their anything iPhone friendly? The only NetMonitor in the app store is for wifi networks and I'm not sure how field test mode will help me here. Also, Signal (in Cydia) doesn't work on my firmware version yet.

Sent via Forum Runner on my jailbroken iOS 5.1 iPhone 4 

Edited by gopher_otis

Robert

Ok - I'll drive around Boston today hunting for LTE.

I wonder where I should go... any suggestions on where my best bet might be? The closer to Boston the better.

Ok - I'll drive around Boston today hunting for LTE.

I wonder where I should go... any suggestions on where my best bet might be? The closer to Boston the better.

I sent you a PM.

Robert - Posted from my E4GT with ICS using Forum Runner

Uggg.... stupid sprint will not activate the Galaxy Nexus on my legacy 50 SERO plan.

This is horrible! Trying to get this resolved.

No bueno! Why would it be different than WiMax devices and SERO? It shouldn't be!

No bueno! Why would it be different than WiMax devices and SERO? It shouldn't be!

Dunno, it's not looking good. I've been on the phone with account services for over 20 minutes.

Dunno, it's not looking good. I've been on the phone with account services for over 20 minutes.

My gut tells me that SERO plans will not work for LTE service. WIth the introduction of LTE, they have an opportunity to call all accounts "new" just like when WiMax started, everyone had to have the $10 fee. I think Sprint would love to get rid of SERO and SERO-P since they don't make money off those plans. I think they'd be stupid to do this-- most people I know who are still on Sprint are only because of SERO.

b/c they want you to dump that money losing SERO plan obviously....just like with the EVO4G....can't see Sprint caving again really on this...if they do, they show how weak they are...

• Like 1

My gut tells me that SERO plans will not work for LTE service. WIth the introduction of LTE, they have an opportunity to call all accounts "new" just like when WiMax started, everyone had to have the $10 fee. I think Sprint would love to get rid of SERO and SERO-P since they don't make money off those plans. I think they'd be stupid to do this-- most people I know who are still on Sprint are only because of SERO.

Not sure what is going on - activated a co-workers galaxy nexus who is on a standard 69.99+10 plan and it made him re-signup for a 69.99+10 plan.

Very strange. Normally when I do ESN swaps online it just swaps the phone over, doesn't make you sign up for a plan again.

Not sure what is going on - activated a co-workers galaxy nexus who is on a standard 69.99+10 plan and it made him re-signup for a 69.99+10 plan.

Very strange. Normally when I do ESN swaps online it just swaps the phone over, doesn't make you sign up for a plan again.

The 69.99 + 10 plan isn't SERO... that's the plan I had with my EVO-- and I got tired of paying $80 a month for dialup 3G... so now I pay about $10 more for great service (and 4G) with Verizon. SERO plans are so cheap if I had one I would've toughed it out with Sprint-- especially since I could force roam on Verizon 3G. But the regular "civilian" plans, the cost difference between Sprint and AT&T / Verizon is almost negligible.

not that stupid in the end since its a great time to do it now with the NV upgrades going on and service getting better by next year....they have to do it at some point and in the end the plan you are forced to is still cheaper than the others by $10 roughly...

OUCH!!! If that is the case, I will be heading over to another carrier. SERO is pretty much the one and only reason I'm with Sprint. They made that mistake last time with the EVO and other phones where people just left Sprint instead of changing over their plan. Then they later came out with the SERO-P driving those customers away even further that had already left...rubbing salt in the wound.

Now they are doing it again??!?!?! Then upping the insurance to $11 a month with increased deducts. There's no point in staying for me anymore.

Uggg.... stupid sprint will not activate the Galaxy Nexus on my legacy 50 SERO plan.

This is horrible! Trying to get this resolved.

I show SERO doc "PAST -SERO Plans" updated 04/13/2012 states "Subscribers who choose to upgrade to a Dual Mode 3G/4G WiMax or LTE smartphone..." so you should definitely be able to add it to SERO Premium plus $10.

I believe this is just an error with the billing system not set up properly to accept the phone for on SERO.

Very strange. Normally when I do ESN swaps online it just swaps the phone over' date=' doesn't make you sign up for a plan again.[/quote']

And the reason it required changing the plan to what appeared to be the same plan is because there can be several codes on the backend for the plan you see. The plan code determines some features such as Blackberry access if needed. So in this case I believe the specific plan was to include LTE.

• Like 3

I show SERO doc "PAST -SERO Plans" updated 04/13/2012 states "Subscribers who choose to upgrade to a Dual Mode 3G/4G WiMax or LTE smartphone..." so you should definitely be able to add it to SERO Premium plus $10.

I believe this is just an error with the billing system not set up properly to accept the phone for on SERO.

And the reason it required changing the plan to what appeared to be the same plan is because there can be several codes on the backend for the plan you see. The plan code determines some features such as Blackberry access if needed. So in this case I believe the specific plan was to include LTE.

Thanks for the clarification Duffman!

Can't wait to find some LTE!

6950359990_a5eccc9bd3_b.jpg

7096442271_985a4d1c87_b.jpg

On wifi for now...

• Like 1

Big thanks to Duffman. I am off to go hunting for LTE now.

I think I am just as excited as if it was me out hunting for LTE myself!

Robert

• Like 2