So sorry for the bad news. I hit up two towers before traffic got really bad and had to call it quits.

Sadly, both did not have LTE. I did everything from toggling CDMA to CDMA/LTE, coming in and out of airplane mode, and rebooting the phone - still didn't grab LTE.

Here are shots from the two sites I visted:

7097344593_79e1fda8fb_b.jpg

7097344567_124ce22ca6_b.jpg

7097344585_0674522f97_b.jpg

7097350077_ac0d2f1556_b.jpg

7097344549_0b2e59f946_b.jpg

7097344555_cd267fff33_b.jpg

• Like 2

So sorry for the bad news. I hit up two towers before traffic got really bad and had to call it quits.

Sadly, both did not have LTE. I did everything from toggling CDMA to CDMA/LTE, coming in and out of airplane mode, and rebooting the phone - still didn't grab LTE.

Here are shots from the two sites I visted:

Those are great shots! Looks like the 4G Live dates in our NV schedules are accurate. They said that 4G LTE wasn't live yet. I was hoping they actually went live when the 3G went on air. :(

Robert

Those are great shots! Looks like the 4G Live dates in our NV schedules are accurate. They said that 4G LTE wasn't live yet. I was hoping they actually went live when the 3G went on air. :(

Robert

The thing that blew my mind was the slow 3G speedtests.

These are the tests that I took in a parked car right in front of the antennas.

I know it is not the new galaxy nexus - in downtown boston at 6:15PM during primetime usage (big redsox day) I am getting absolutely blazing speeds (as usual).

Network vision speed test results:

7097389947_9dbdfe0964_z.jpg

Current speeds in downtown Boston:

6951314818_b9114d94de_z.jpg

A quick follow-up:

I went to three more network vision sites (this time south of Boston instead of north) - still no LTE.

I also want to add that speed at each tower is DRASTICALLY different. It was pretty shocking to see all of the sites have completely different levels of speed/performance.

Looks like att already has their lte panels up and running on that tower.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

AT&T does not use that tower. I know that only FiberTower, Sprint, T-Mobile, Clearwire, and Nextel uses that tower.

• 2 weeks later...

First post so please bear with me. Scoped out the towers around my house here in the suburbs of Austin. The following are BID 376, 78, 979 respectively. The first two towers are using remote radios but I'm not sure what frequency. New MW dishes too in the 38Ghz and 23Ghz bands, not sure what brand I've been away from backhaul for a while now. Maybe someone else can chip in with their thoughts. I've been mapping towers and coverage out on the cellmapper.net site.

HNHL6h.jpg

TSet5h.jpg

Nbx6ah.jpg

M6TcCh.jpg

TjnDrh.jpg

Mbsg1h.jpg

85ajmh.jpg

One more tower before the Rain rolls in BID 235. Forgot to mention these are all NID 22.

MC9sKh.jpg

wePfph.jpg

iqcalh.jpg

Last site is AU13XC085 the other three I do not know. One is an ATC tower, one is CCI, and the third I could not access the base. Other than looking at the NOCC contact placard is there a way to find the Sprint site ID?

Last site is AU13XC085 the other three I do not know. One is an ATC tower, one is CCI, and the third I could not access the base. Other than looking at the NOCC contact placard is there a way to find the Sprint site ID?

The best way is to join this site as a sponsor and get access to maps of all tower locations and nv sites done and more!

None of these towers are on the map. The only Austin market towers on there are the Waco FIT. I am pretty sure none of the towers I posted have had the NV upgrade. What I thought was the NV equipment looks to actually be Clear WiMax gear, got the MW wrong too(its 11G and 23G so I was close). I'll try to get some pics after the NV upgrades.

Could someone draw on the picture to explain what i am looking at. I am interesting in understanding what I am looking for when I go and attempt to take pictures of cell towers in my town.

Thanks!