Sign in to follow this  
Jeffas332

Brookfield, WI Residents Opposed to New Verizon Cell Tower

Not sure if this is the proper venue for it... But it looks like Verizon wants to beef up service in Brookfield, WI. A local news station ran a story about resident opposition.

http://www.wisn.com/news/south-east-wisconsin/waukesha/brookfield-residents-battle-cell-tower/-/10150328/20039148/-/x3grr2z/-/index.html?absolute=true

Nimby's,

I wonder how many of them have called to complain about their service? :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Verizon is really good at fighting this sort of thing and getting these towers built. I don't think these NIMBY's will win. They don't know the power of the Dark Side.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• Similar Content

• By EntrepreneurKid
      I'm here looking for answers to a simple question. Where is this mystery Sprint signal coming from? For the past few weeks I've received a signal on multiple Sprint devices, two Sprint devices with roaming turned off, and two Virgin Mobile phones and Virgin Mobile phones can't roam, the other rate plans might be able but I'm talk about Virgin Mobile devices from before they introduced all those other plans. What I'm making clear is these devices have to be picking up a Sprint signal, plus I've downloaded the SignalCheck Pro app which has indicated two different signals 1XRTT and 1X800. 

The signal only last for about 8 hours each morning and begins coming in and out towards the end of each morning. I try making a call and it fails, and it doesn't get any data at all. I try each device and they all do the same thing they have a signal and very strong signal with no data, and voice doesn't go threw, I haven't tried sending a text figured no data, no voice then there must be no text.

I read about some "projects"  that Sprint has going on Project Ocean and Project Cedar. Since Project Ocean is suppose to be taking place in Missouri and I live so close to the Iowa, Missouri line, I figured if there is a tower going up maybe it is possible I'm getting a signal from it, in the early stages. I really don't know what is going on, if Sprint is launching service, putting up new towers and that signal finally comes, and stays, and works. I'll be back full time on the Sprint ban wagon. Unfortunately, I live in an area not served by (according to experience and coverage map) Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint. Not even the two Iowa carriers i Wireless or Chat Mobility serve my area, go 10, 15 or 20 miles in any direction your good, here, wireless dead zone, no choice of carriers. And if Sprint puts a tower here if I finally get an answer and learn that signal will soon come and stay and work I'll finally have a choice.

So if anyone has any ideas, has experienced this in other parts of the country or has any idea what could be going on please say. Any information is better than not knowing, and together maybe this will be answered.
    • By KDKobes
      Try to make this as short and simple as possible. I have three devices; 2 of which are on the same plan and the third on a separate plan.

The third device is my tab 4 which is picking up SprintB41 site 310120 just great. I get 3 bars downstairs.

My other two devices; Galaxy Note 4 & Galaxy Note Edge for some reason will not pick up this tower. I have tried PRL updates, Profile updates, restarted the phones and all I can get them to connect to is a ClearwireB41 site.

More background info...all devices have same Sim card as when purchased, tablet stays off 3/4 of the day and my phones are on when I wake up and turn them off at night. No matter where I go inside or out my phones won't connect to the Sprint site.

Anybody have any ideas before I call Sprint trying to figure something out? I'm not sure how long the tablet has been able to connect to this site so I'm not sure what to think of it besides agitated that the tablet of all things is connecting. I posted two photos; one of the tablet connected to the Sprint site; second of the Clear wire site my phones connect to.

Thanks in advance.

• By BlackBerryRulez
      The closest Sprint tower to my house is about 3.5 miles away. In between are hills, trees, a handful of houses, and fields. However, I do have line of sight. I can see the blinking light of the tower in the distance at night. I do not think Sprint has deployed any LTE at this tower. When they do, is it possible that the LTE signal would reach my house?

Right now I have a Moto X, but I may go back to the Q10. I do pick up eHRPD at my house. What frequency is that on? I'm thinking Sprint's 800ish mhz LTE band might. Not sure about 1900 though..

Thanks
    • By jsage
      Good morning everyone,

We've been experiencing some interesting problems in San Diego over the last few weeks - persistent voice and data outages all over the county. SprintCommunity.com's customer-care reps have attributed the problem to OEM issues and have acknowledged the county-wide nature of the outages here, here, here and here. This is a typical response:

For me in particular, it's eight days and counting, and there's still one tower down near my home. My GNex and ZING seem to handle it OK, pulling in a 4G or 3G signal depending upon what's up or down (although this morning our service is voice-only). My wife's GS3, on the other hand, reboots frequently unless I disable LTE in settings.

San Diego is in the IBEZ area and uses Samsung equipment, and is approaching 4G completion. Out of nothing more than curiosity, does anyone have an idea what kinds of problems could be causing voice and data outages across so many towers?

Happy Friday!
      John
    • By KD8JBF
      So I have a tower that I've been keeping my eye on. It is a "Legacy" Marked tower, and it shows on the Maps as such. Looking at the tower, it looks legacy. Old panels still up on the tower. Now At work, I have a new NV Tower (New Panels, RRU's, etc.) and I connect to it on 3G SID: 4159 NID: 305. I go to this tower (Legacy Looking), sit right under it with a -58 signal and have the same SID: 4159 NID: 305. Now here's my big question.

Could this possibly be either:

A. GMO Site (According to a previous article, the Orlando Market didn't have any)
      B. Full Build with RRU's on the Ground (Cannot tell because of where the cabinets are cannot see them)
      C. Still Legacy (We are in an incumbent Market so could they be the same NID? Or does this only apply to eCSFB?)

Or...Am I totally off in thinking that the SID/NID are different with Legacy/NV Equip?

Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks!
    • SoftBank isn't willing to do anything with Sprint. Sprint will need a different buyer. I do agree with getting Dishes spectrum. They have Nationwide AWS at 20x20 and my area the have 10x10 600. Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
    • I do think that the merger will be approved but just in case, here's my thoughts on what should happen if it gets rejected in order of preferred outcome: 1. T-Mobile & Sprint merge their network operations into an independent company and they both become MVNOs. Dish is left out in the cold with their spectrum unused. FCC has egg in their face. Only way Dish gets their network deployed is if Amazon and/or cable cos invest in them. it could happen...the other possibility is that Dish sells their spectrum to Verizon/AT&T/T-mobile. Sprint does pretty good but they are no longer a price leader. Their pricing is rationalized and pretty close to what the other major carriers charge. 2. Sprint gets properly funded by Softbank. They buy Dish's 600Mhz/ AWS-3. They fill out their present network but do not expand beyond their current footprint. They charge for rural roaming and they price themselves rationally. They grow slowly. 3. Sprint gets acquired by a consortium of Amazon and cable cos. They use Sprint to promote their video offerings to millennials. The resulting company expands their network to provide a really solid network in the boondocks but fall short of Verizon/AT&T which is OK. They only expand where they can make money.  4. Sprint goes on without the financial support of Softbank and limps along. They shrink their network and become an urban based network. Some smaller markets and places where it does not make financial sense to have their network are dropped. They rationalize their prices and charge for roaming. Where they do offer service their network is really solid. 
    • Thanks.    I thought the same about the appeal, but knowing this crowd... they might.  
    • You aren't kidding, I frequent Flat Stick in downtown a lot and other than right by the door, there is ZERO service. Additionally, up the hill to the north into Norkirk by Kirkland Jr. High and onto the Forbes Creek area are pretty much total dead zones. The only major ones I have encountered which aren't covered by any roaming either.   Edit: It looks like they are getting started on the 11250 Kirkland Way site as well:   https://permitsearch.mybuildingpermit.com/PermitDetails/ENR20-00296/Kirkland   Edit 2: I just noticed that Clearwire/Sprint used to have a tower up by Kirkland Jr high. That tower would have definitely improved service to that area if they had converted to triband. As stated, that region is BY FAR the biggest dead zone in the area. 
    • That is actually the permit to do the physical upgrade.  The original planning permit was filed in 2018 and was finally approved this month.  Here is the link: https://permitsearch.mybuildingpermit.com/PermitDetails/WIR18-00056/Kirkland. Hopefully they will get that site upgraded soon.  That area could really use a coverage boost.