LightSquared Testing

4GHoward

Isn't this moot with daddy Soft-bucks? Sprint doesn't need TMO anymore to bulk up.

When I posted that, DISH was still pursuing Sprint and there was no guarantee that SoftBank was going to end up with Sprint. However, some still think that it's possible for a Sprint/Tmo merger and that even SoftBank wanted then both all along. So my post is still quite relevant.

Robert from Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

When I posted that, DISH was still pursuing Sprint and there was no guarantee that SoftBank was going to end up with Sprint. However, some still think that it's possible for a Sprint/Tmo merger and that even SoftBank wanted then both all along. So my post is still quite relevant.

You don't think it'd be a good thing for TMO to remain independent? I view TMO as someone potent enough to keep the other 3 honest, just like AMD is to Intel.

Even if their coverage never goes past 228 mil, I still think they'd be useful to keep prices low.

That is still a goal, according to my sources. T-Mobile is basically putting itself up for sale. Witness Legere's statements in the other thread re:Dish's vision. According to my sources Sprint and T-Mobile have been talking, with a hiatus to allow T-Mobile to close the Metro merger and to set the integration effort in motion. I will ask my sources whether they have resumed or not. 

Since both companies are majority owned 78% for Sprint and 74% for T-Mobile and the free market for the stocks is relatively small, stock price will not be the dominant determinant in a merger. The price and relative ownership percentage will have to be negotiated after very arduous negotiations.

You don't think it'd be a good thing for TMO to remain independent? I view TMO as someone potent enough to keep the other 3 honest, just like AMD is to Intel.

Even if their coverage never goes past 228 mil, I still think they'd be useful to keep prices low.

I don't recall giving my opinion about a Tmo/Sprint merger ever. I just was discussing that it's possible when others have said that the FCC won't allow it.

The truth is, I don't have an opinion on the merits yet. I think I tend to not like the idea of a merger. But I haven't concluded all my thoughts on the matter.