Shentel NV update

http://seekingalpha.com/article/1400571-shenandoah-telecommunications-ceo-discusses-q1-2013-results-earnings-call-transcript?part=single

Currently, we have completed leasing and zoning on 456 of the 521 sites we planned to have at the end of the year. 328 sites are on the air, and we’ve launched 4G LTEs on 276 sites.

This brings us to 75% of our covered POPs now have LTE. We currently offer LTE in 10 of our 13 market areas. We are still on budget, and expect to complete the project before year-end.

• Like 4

I remember when I visited Gettysburg College, I could not find a place without LTE. It was awesome having 15 Mbps city wide! I just can't wait for LTE to be widespread in bigger cities like it was in this Shentel market.

I know most of 81 from about the Sweet Briar area to 66 in Virginia has LTE coverage and decent speeds (~15 Mbps down). I'm sure based on Sensorly that it extends further north, but I've never been that far so I can't comment. Very few patches based on my mapping now, and getting better each time I drive on 81.

On 66, it's much more patchy and disappears entirely by the Fauquier county line. I've not noticed much if any improvement beyond the initial launch.

On 211 in Virginia it's also very patchy, with LTE entirely gone (and service in general) past Luray moving into the national park. I'd hate to wreck in there! Service doesn't come back till about Sperryville, as I recall. The area is pretty much the middle of nowhere, I can't blame anyone for not servicing it properly.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• Has anyone checked Verizon n77 in areas with more than 100MHZ active? This spectrum has been fully available since August of last year.  Of course they are not typically using SA.
    • I updated my other s21 ultra factory unlocked to the latest firmware... It behaves like the S24 Ultra n38 or n41 depending on 80 or 100MHz or their nr- arfcn.
    • I see everything correct. The two ARFCN's you mentioned earlier and they idenitify as n-41.  using 4.832b SCP. Only using one TM SIM.
    • I posted this in the Nebraska Premier thread last week, but just wanted to share in this thread the progress that T-Mobile has made in filling in the great coverage gap known as Nebraska. Between late last year and this year, they have added 28 new expansion sites filling in the coverage hole, plus 11 Sprint site conversions in eastern Nebraska and far western Iowa. Notably, in the last month n41 coverage was added on over a dozen expansion sites in western Nebraska that were added to the network last year. For comparison, here is the very first map that I created in October of 2022 after we noted expansion sites outside of Sprint conversion in Lincoln and Omaha. It doesn't show any western parts of the state, but just know there was nothing besides roaming coverage and a little B12 coverage leaking down from South Dakota to the west of Valentine, NE.
    • Sent a copy of my DB in an e-mail just now.  Couldn't leave the house today but can hopefully get a screenshot when I'm out on another cell site tomorrow.