Potential Sprint rural buildout by 2016

Did you try using LTE only mode. Maybe it's not letting devices authenticate since there's no CSFB fallback.

Or data centric mode. Could also be a question of backhaul.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Still cannot authenticate to the PCS G Block LTE Carrier on B25 here in Rapid City, SD. Not on a Sprint SIM it Google Fi SIM.

It is still broadcasting on PLMN ID 311 530 only. I don't know if Sprint will push an update to allow that PLMNID or if they will soon start broadcasting Sprint's 310 120 ID also. Or if Sprint customers will never be allowed to use it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Provide me an address of this site, i'll ask what they up to.

Did you try using LTE only mode. Maybe it's not letting devices authenticate since there's no CSFB fallback.

Yeah, I was in LTE Only mode. Otherwise I don't see it at all.

Provide me an address of this site, i'll ask what they up to.

There are three in Rapid City doing the same thing. This specific one is:

- 3850 Tower Road, Rapid City, SD 57701

The other two are:

- 2727 N. Plaza Drive, Rapid City, SD 57702

- 909 St. Joseph St., Rapid City, SD 57701

All three of these are Golden West Telecommunications sites broadcasting on Sprint's PCS G Block channels.

• Like 1

Another possible repeat, but good verification (Grand Forks, ND):

Map

https://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsEntry/attachments/attachmentViewRD.jsp?applType=search&fileKey=1718171375&attachmentKey=19885565&attachmentInd=applAttach

paperwork:

http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/ApplicationSearch/applMain.jsp?applID=9525071

I have 173 of these, skipping the ones I figure we know or not interested in.

• Like 1

Yes, those all are Required Notification filings -- the standard type of FCC filing licensees use to indicate satisfaction of certain construction requirement benchmarks.

AJ

• Like 3

So that you do not knock yourself out with too much searching, Sprint has filed these Required Notifications for all of its PCS G block BEAs across the country.  Not just the previously unconstructed, largely rural BEAs.  The filings were due for all BEAs.  You can view the filings for the likes of New York and Los Angeles, too.

But good find.  I did not think to look this week at pending applications for the PCS G block licenses -- even though I created this thread almost three years ago.

AJ

• Like 2

So that you do not knock yourself out with too much searching, Sprint has filed these Required Notifications for all of its PCS G block BEAs across the country.  Not just the previously unconstructed, largely rural BEAs.  The filings were due for all BEAs.  You can view the filings for the likes of New York and Los Angeles, too.

But good find.  I did not think to look this week at pending applications for the PCS G block licenses -- even though I created this thread almost three years ago.

AJ

These were all filed on March 9th.  I have read just a few and they indicate these are for all LTE at greater than -119.8 RSRP.  They provide a wealth of information for sparsely covered markets.  Maps for markets such as Columbus are of quite limited use.  Any idea as to what stage of construction these sites would need to met for the substantial service requirement?

( I hope to make it through all 173 filings tonight, posting those that I feel are relevant.)

These were all filed on March 9th.  I have read just a few and they indicate these are for all LTE at greater than -119.8 RSRP.  They provide a wealth of information for sparsely covered markets.  Maps for markets such as Columbus are of quite limited use.  Any idea as to what stage of construction these sites would need to met for the substantial service requirement?

( I hope to make it through all 173 filings tonight, posting those that I feel are relevant.)

Yes, you are correct.  Sprint filed all of them as a batch.  The posting date was yesterday, but they may not have appeared in the FCC ULS until today.

And as I already commented to an on the road Robert, Sprint is using a -119.8 dBm RSRP figure of merit to define the extent of coverage footprint.  It is not conservative, but it is about what we have long experienced with the 5 MHz FDD carrier -- that -120 dBm RSRP is more or less the bottom limit.

AJ

• Like 1

Done.  I did not see the following BEAs: Northern Mariana Islands, American Samoa, Gulf of Mexico, thus all are accounted.  

All say required notification received (3/9) then offlined for expired license review (3/10).  There is no date on the attachments.

the following search was used:

Specified Search Radio Service Code=CW, CY
Applicant City=reston
Applicant State=Virginia
Receipt Date=02/25/2016 to 3/10/2016

from here: http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/ApplicationSearch/searchAdvanced.jsp

I use City and State to get all of the Sprint subsidiaries.  Occasionally I pickup someone else. 

Excuse the newbie question but do these filings mean that Sprint is going to start a LTE build out in these areas (shown map in link)pending FCC approval? Because it would be nice if Sprint had LTE service extending all the way from Pueblo down through Trinidad into Northern New Mexico Raton area!? But not sure if that's what these mean?