Sprint.com tower upgrade map question

on sprints website they have a page where u can put your zip code in and they will tell you the upgrades ie 1 voice upgrade or 1 data speed upgrade etc. If a tower in my town shows any of these upgrades does this mean that it has gotten NV upgrades? The 2 towers i hit in my town each show 1 data speed upgrade each but no LTE in my area. Just wondering if this is a separate upgrade or part of NV.

Tks

on sprints website they have a page where u can put your zip code in and they will tell you the upgrades ie 1 voice upgrade or 1 data speed upgrade etc. If a tower in my town shows any of these upgrades does this mean that it has gotten NV upgrades? The 2 towers i hit in my town each show 1 data speed upgrade each but no LTE in my area. Just wondering if this is a separate upgrade or part of NV.

Tks

That map shows both regular maintenance and NV upgrades. It's impossible to tell them apart without access to site acceptance reports from Sprint. Likely what happened with your towers was an additional T1 line, or otherwise speed upgrade was added to the tower to try and maintain it until NV upgrades are applied. If you start seeing additional speed upgrades on the same tower, it may be an indication that NV work has started, but again it is very difficult to tell if you only have those maps as your source of information.

If you see 2 or more "data speed upgrades" on a cell tower at network.sprint.com, it will also show up as a completed site on the NV site complete map on S4GRU. This has pretty much been the case for all of the towers in my area.

If you see 2 or more "data speed upgrades" on a cell tower at network.sprint.com, it will also show up as a completed site on the NV site complete map on S4GRU. This has pretty much been the case for all of the towers in my area.

This not entirely true. I've seen multiple Speed upgrades on local towers and they are still legacy. However it is a decent indication that it may be a Network Vision upgrade

• Like 1

In some ares this works, in many more, it does not. It is highly variable.

So sprint is still doing legacy updates? Isn't that kind of a waste with NV updates coming..especially in a first round market?

Yes they are. It's in Ericsson's contract to do these updates, and it's in an effort to keep the network from completely falling apart before NV gets there. Additionally, the Central NJ market has not had a lot of NV upgrades to date for some reason, all the more reason to keep up maintenance on the legacy equipment.

I noticed that we have slowed down quite a bit I figured at first it was due to storm sandy but it's been a while and the weather is breaking figured they would start moving quick again hopefully soon

How often does Sprint update that map? I recall a few in their forums saying they are upgrades from a year through months ago.

How often does Sprint update that map? I recall a few in their forums saying they are upgrades from a year through months ago.

The map gets updated very frequently (daily even). It shows updates that have taken place in the last 6 months.

I believe that map is updated daily. As I have personally witnessed Ericsson workers by a tower located near my job one afternoon and then following morning it showed up as an additional Data Speed Upgrade (Legacy) which I confirmed. Also whenever I've noticed a tower broadcasting LTE or has LTE acceptance reported here it is always shown on that map for my zip code. Just my observations.

In some ares this works, in many more, it does not. It is highly variable.

This mainly works for San Diego. I went and did a quick cross reference with central jersey and it didn't work there. I did notice that a tower near my house got 2 speed upgrades yesterday and tonight I have LTE in my house for the first time.

• Like 1

network.sprint.com showed nothing for the tower I can see from my house last week. When LTE went live yesterday it suddenly shows 'data speed upgrade.' Keep watching.

I do quite a bit of driving and am always looking for the contractors at a cell site to be doing some kind of NV upgrades still haven't seen any in my area yet, would love to see the equipment going up

This mainly works for San Diego. I went and did a quick cross reference with central jersey and it didn't work there. I did notice that a tower near my house got 2 speed upgrades yesterday and tonight I have LTE in my house for the first time.

Rich, where in O'side?