Samsung Galaxy S4 [L720 Single Band] User Thread

z250kid

I'm tired off this lag on the phone. I like the features but since I turned of animation lags less. But randomly hit back or home button it takes 3 seconds for home screen to load. To much bloat ware. I'm waiting on nexus 5 2014 edition

This is why im ditching samsung. Nexus here i come

They all have their trade offs. enjoy the sealed battery, no SD card, and lesser camera quality. for me, those are worth sticking it out with samsung. There's nothing magical with these android upgrades anymore, not like the days of yore where an update meant a new maps version and feature. Most features have become decoupled from the OS itself, in stand alone apps. The software optimizations generally don't affect phones with too much power like the S4. So all in all, 4.3 or 4.4.2, its all about the same. however, I am wanting for better/native MAP support through bluetooth in 4.4 :) Sammy has always baked it in, but its half assed.

I'm tired off this lag on the phone. I like the features but since I turned of animation lags less. But randomly hit back or home button it takes 3 seconds for home screen to load. To much bloat ware. I'm waiting on nexus 5 2014 edition

I think too it's time to jump ship from Samsung. I'll definitely miss the SD Card slot, removable battery (though now I use my own personal cloud storage and have an external battery to recharge my "sealed" phone) and screen size, I really can't ignore Knox being on my GN2 and it being on all future Samsung devices. Knox screams anti-consumer when it was their customers that got them to where they are today. I can't believe a company that embraced rooting to turn around and lock everyone down with the 4.3 update. To me, if they are going to make it an obstacle to root, they obviously don't want me to do it, so I'll move on to my Nexus 5 soon.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 HD.

That's the source code, not the update.zip file that you need.  You'd have to compile that before you could do anything with it.  This is not the link you are looking for.

Make sure you reboot after you update.  Many of your apps may not make the transfer until you reboot.  Then it should find the rest. 

yup lol even after updating once rebooting says updating 4 apps