Has anybody tried to exchange their evo for a note 2?

flyer8493

This is the replacement list that I got...

Another HTC EVO

Motorola Photon Q

Samsung Galaxy Victory 4G

LG Viper

Galaxy Nexus

I was told that the list changes depending on what is in stock at the wearhouse, but that could be b.s.

• Like 1

A friend of mine sent me the list and I can tell you it's the real deal.  None of the phones on the list are like to like when compared to the EVO LTE.  The S3 may be slightly better than the EVO but the listed phones are WELL below specs. 

The worst part is I trusted Sprint that this phone would perform like it should when LTE came to my area.  LTE has made it worse.  Now the phone is doing hard handoffs from 3G to 4G disconnecting my data service.  Most of the time it wants to stay in 1X.  I have written HTC, spoken to Sprint, and emailed them last night.  I'm really frustrated that I have to hang on to this phone until next May. I will wait until I get a email response and see what they say.  I just wish I had found this site before I bought the phone.  Folks here were ringing the alarms before it was released. 

A friend of mine sent me the list and I can tell you it's the real deal.  None of the phones on the list are like to like when compared to the EVO LTE.  The S3 may be slightly better than the EVO but the listed phones are WELL below specs. 

The worst part is I trusted Sprint that this phone would perform like it should when LTE came to my area.  LTE has made it worse.  Now the phone is doing hard handoffs from 3G to 4G disconnecting my data service.  Most of the time it wants to stay in 1X.  I have written HTC, spoken to Sprint, and emailed them last night.  I'm really frustrated that I have to hang on to this phone until next May. I will wait until I get a email response and see what they say.  I just wish I had found this site before I bought the phone.  Folks here were ringing the alarms before it was released. 

I had the same issue.  I bought an LG Optimus G and sold the evo for $160 on ebay.  I bought the LGOG for $10 more so it wasn't bad but I was really frustrated that Sprint wouldn't even offer me a different phone even though I have the protection plan to the hilt.  I still say that the EVO isn't a bad phone it just has a bad LTE radio or something.

Now that being said I have had my LGOG for over a month now and as LTE has been growing in The Lou area I have been enjoying LTE all over the place.  I am picking up LTE in places that have had LTE but the EVO never even would pick it up even when I cycled it into airplane mode and back. I guess the LTE signal just wasn't strong enough don't know.  I did a few tests with the EVO just before I activated the LG and even in the strongest places in St. Louis it may detect it but two or three minutes and it would go right back to EVDO.  Airport was where I had the most issue with even discovering LTE.  Two days later after activating the LG did the same tests and everytime I was in an area listed by sensorly (even some that weren't) I had LTE and decent service.  I love HTC but I have found  that my wife's HTC One is still displaying some radio issues when on LTE.  It takes it almost twice the amount of time that my LG takes to acquire and sometimes I have to put it in airplane mode to find it.  Don't know if it is the programmers at HTC or if it is just me.  I think it is probably just me though.  I am the destroyer of all technology.  :)

I have been pulling close to 20mbs down in some places but on average about 12mbs.  I can't complain at all because everytime I go to the city now I have LTE and I know that when I use sensorly to track the different sites I notice that I am in an area that previously didn't have LTE service and new sites are coming online.  It is much easier to track now that I know the phone actually gets on to the LTE network properly and I no longer have the frustration of paying for a service that my phone didn't seem to enjoy being on.