HTC ONE user thread

jegillis

I use both generic and the Samsung techtiles. I think what you read is that some want you to use their app. For example when you use nfc with a techtile it takes you to the play store to get the techtile app. If you use a different app and tasked then you can get around this

Sent from my HTC One

Just went into a sprint store yesterday and compared the One with my EVO ....I am VERY VERY Disappointed!

The sprint store is right on the edge of a 4G tower...perfect for testing the RF signal. When I walked in the One was connected to 4G without issue, EVO as well. Tried going to the network screen on the one but for some reason it was greyed out and could not access. So I downloaded sensorly so I could see the RSRP values.

Just holding the 2 phones together for a picture and the HTC One drops LTE.

ResizedImage_1366909640074.jpg

Just went into a sprint store yesterday and compared the One with my EVO ....I am VERY VERY Disappointed!

The sprint store is right on the edge of a 4G tower...perfect for testing the RF signal. When I walked in the One was connected to 4G without issue, EVO as well. Tried going to the network screen on the one but for some reason it was greyed out and could not access. So I downloaded sensorly so I could see the RSRP values.

Just holding the 2 phones together for a picture and the HTC One drops LTE.

From what others have reported I'm guess that the One has a bit of an Antennagate problem when held in the left hand... This might be a strange methodology for testing phones but try holding the One in your right and and comparing it to the Evo LTE.

Since no one has uploaded pictures of battery life, I figured I might as well upload some of my pictures of the battery life.

On a daily basis I've been talking for about a good 2-3 hours, the screen is on very frequently. I take a ton of pictures, and check facebook/twitter/instagram all the time. I also have a virtual pet that I check up on almost every hour (it's kinda fun tbh). From the time I get home I'm always streaming music, watching a good 30 minutes to an hour worth of youtube videos, and I've been using the IR at night all the time. I wake up every day at 7:20 and take the phone off the charger.

On average I've been getting about 12-13 hours without fully killing the battery. I find this amazing since I had to charge the EVO midday at the office.

Hope this helps anyone if they wonder about battery life.

-Luis

post-1959-0-84794900-1366984292_thumb.png

post-1959-0-31574200-1366984296_thumb.png

Has anyone else had any problems with the capacitive buttons on the HTC ONE? Mine consistantly stop working for a few seconds, sometimes a few minutes. I read on other sites that people were having but that there was a "software update" coming so taking the phone back would be redundant. However, I received this email from HTC this morning saying otherwise.

Email response:

"Thanks for contacting HTC Technical Support Center, in regards to the capacitive buttons on your HTC One not responding.

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this situation with your device, I understand how inconveniencing this is for you, and I know this is not allowing you to fully enjoy the phone.

Michael, at this point this is not a reported issue, therefore there is no software fix to be deployed. The only thing we can suggest is to factory data reset the phone to recover the software to a "like new" state.

Please keep in mind that a factory reset restores your phone to the original factory settings and will erase all downloaded content, including ringtones, images, programs, and contacts stored in the internal memory. It does not erase data stored on the SIM card, and will only erase data on the memory card if the option is selected. After performing a factory reset, you will need to go through the set up process and sign in to all of your accounts again.

To complete a factory reset, please do the following:

1. Slide the Notifications panel open, and then tap Settings.

2. Tap Backup & reset.

3. Tap Reset phone.

4. If you also want to delete media and other data on HTC One, select Erase all data.

5. Tap OK

If the performance of your device does not improve after this, you may want to consider checking with your carrier as your contract may allow you to swap or replace the device, or you can contact our RMA center in order to set up a repair for your device.

We know that you may have questions about this process, once you contact them, they will be able to provide information about policy and procedures for our repair process.

Please contact them at:

HTC RMA Center, 1-866-449-8358 (8 AM - 8 PM 7 days per week)

I like to thank you for your continuous support of our products and services.

Remember that should you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us through http://www.htc.com/us/support/email-support or call us at +1-866-449-8358 from 8AM to 1AM, 7 days a week.

Let me know if I have successfully answered your question, please click here <http://ContactUs.htc.com/CloseTicket.aspx?TicketNumber=13USCW17ENA002271&Email=myki@theechoroom.com> to complete this.

To send a reply to this message, please click here <http://ContactUs.htc.com/wFrmMailLogin.aspx?TicketNumber=13USCW17ENA002271&Email=myki@theechoroom.com> .

Sincerely,

Santiago

HTC

Want to see what others are saying? Have a question to ask other HTC fans?

Become a fan of HTC<http://facebook.com/htc>

Follow us on Twitter<http://twitter.com/htc>

Subscribe to our YouTube Channel<http://youtube.com/htc>

Explore our development resources<http://developer.htc.com>

Please visit us at<http://htc.com> if you have any questions or need further assistance.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE : The information in this e-mail is confidential and privileged; it is intended for use solely by the individual or entity named as the recipient hereof. Disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this e-mail by persons other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited and may violate applicable laws. If you have received this e-mail in error, please delete the original message and notify us by return email or collect call immediately. Thank you. HTC Corporation."

I've seen this attributed to a small target area (which the alleged fix is supposed to address) but I've not had any issues myself so I can't offer more than these are just some of the joys of early adoption and getting a device on launch.

Has anyone else had any problems with the capacitive buttons on the HTC ONE? Mine consistantly stop working for a few seconds, sometimes a few minutes. I read on other sites that people were having but that there was a "software update" coming so taking the phone back would be redundant. However, I received this email from HTC this morning saying otherwise.

Email response:

"Thanks for contacting HTC Technical Support Center, in regards to the capacitive buttons on your HTC One not responding.

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this situation with your device, I understand how inconveniencing this is for you, and I know this is not allowing you to fully enjoy the phone.

Michael, at this point this is not a reported issue, therefore there is no software fix to be deployed. The only thing we can suggest is to factory data reset the phone to recover the software to a "like new" state.

Please keep in mind that a factory reset restores your phone to the original factory settings and will erase all downloaded content, including ringtones, images, programs, and contacts stored in the internal memory. It does not erase data stored on the SIM card, and will only erase data on the memory card if the option is selected. After performing a factory reset, you will need to go through the set up process and sign in to all of your accounts again.

To complete a factory reset, please do the following:

1. Slide the Notifications panel open, and then tap Settings.

2. Tap Backup & reset.

3. Tap Reset phone.

4. If you also want to delete media and other data on HTC One, select Erase all data.

5. Tap OK

If the performance of your device does not improve after this, you may want to consider checking with your carrier as your contract may allow you to swap or replace the device, or you can contact our RMA center in order to set up a repair for your device.

We know that you may have questions about this process, once you contact them, they will be able to provide information about policy and procedures for our repair process.

Please contact them at:

HTC RMA Center, 1-866-449-8358 (8 AM - 8 PM 7 days per week)

I like to thank you for your continuous support of our products and services.

Remember that should you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us through http://www.htc.com/u...t/email-support or call us at +1-866-449-8358 from 8AM to 1AM, 7 days a week.

Let me know if I have successfully answered your question, please click here <http://ContactUs.htc.com/CloseTicket.aspx?TicketNumber=13USCW17ENA002271&Email=myki@theechoroom.com> to complete this.

To send a reply to this message, please click here <http://ContactUs.htc.com/wFrmMailLogin.aspx?TicketNumber=13USCW17ENA002271&Email=myki@theechoroom.com> .

Sincerely,

Santiago

HTC

Want to see what others are saying? Have a question to ask other HTC fans?

Become a fan of HTC<http://facebook.com/htc>

Follow us on Twitter<http://twitter.com/htc>

Subscribe to our YouTube Channel<http://youtube.com/htc>

Explore our development resources<http://developer.htc.com>

Please visit us at<http://htc.com> if you have any questions or need further assistance.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE : The information in this e-mail is confidential and privileged; it is intended for use solely by the individual or entity named as the recipient hereof. Disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this e-mail by persons other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited and may violate applicable laws. If you have received this e-mail in error, please delete the original message and notify us by return email or collect call immediately. Thank you. HTC Corporation."

I LOL'd at the last paragraph. Breakin some rules!

No, powersaver was on because the battery % fell below 15%. I actually hate powersaver, I feel like it really doesn't do anything, but I don't question it.

-Luis

It's impressive to me that you do that well. I like the power saver feature, I do feel like the CPU throttling helps me nurse that battery life, without a particularly noticeable reduction in speed.

I do feel like the responsive regions are narrowly defined, but I've never had them actually stop working. I'd consider exchanging that bad larry.

I also feel this issue has to do more with the target region, and not an actual issue with the buttons. I find that I regularly miss the Back button, but it's not that it doesn't work, I just didn't tap the right spot.

• Like 1

I also feel this issue has to do more with the target region, and not an actual issue with the buttons. I find that I regularly miss the Back button, but it's not that it doesn't work, I just didn't tap the right spot.

I was having the same problem, especially with a case on I would end up tapping the screen. I'm getting used to it, but I do have to agree that the target region is probably just as big as the icon itself.

-Luis

• Like 1

It's impressive to me that you do that well. I like the power saver feature, I do feel like the CPU throttling helps me nurse that battery life, without a particularly noticeable reduction in speed.

I neglected to mention that I have GoogleNow, and sync to push on all the time. I have GPS and WiFi on all the time, and the screen brightness set to 50%.

I think the battery life on this phone is amazing.

-Luis

I can get 24 hours out of my phone no problem. And this is without the power saver function on. I have brightness set to auto, sync and GoogleNow running all the time. I don't make a lot of phone calls, but usually spend about 30 minutes on the phone a day. I do surf quite a bit and send way more texts than phone calls. I am on WiFi for a good chunk of the day, so that does help.

• Like 1

I can get 24 hours out of my phone no problem. And this is without the power saver function on. I have brightness set to auto, sync and GoogleNow running all the time. I don't make a lot of phone calls, but usually spend about 30 minutes on the phone a day. I do surf quite a bit and send way more texts than phone calls. I am on WiFi for a good chunk of the day, so that does help.

Damn, that's great lol. I feel what really kills the phone is the camera, that's what honestly takes the biggest chunk of my battery away. Surprisingly phone calls barely drain the battery at all.

-Luis

I neglected to mention that I have GoogleNow, and sync to push on all the time. I have GPS and WiFi on all the time, and the screen brightness set to 50%.

I think the battery life on this phone is amazing.

-Luis

Damn, that's great lol. I feel what really kills the phone is the camera, that's what honestly takes the biggest chunk of my battery away. Surprisingly phone calls barely drain the battery at all.

-Luis

I basically have my One set up the same as you do with the exception of the brightness which I would say is around 40% to 45%, but yeah battery life is amazing.

I haven't used the power save function at all. Some say that its makes a notable difference but being that I have been getting through the whole day just fine, I see no need to use it.

Anybody doing the HTC Trade-up offer? I did the "Factory Reset" on my old Design 4G and I yanked the microSD card & the SIM card. About to mail my in my phone and want to make sure I should keep the microSD & SIM. Those stay with me for safety reasons right? The HTC offer doesn't say it requires me to turn in the SIM card, so I'm just trying to make sure.

Loving my HTC One.

Peace,

DM

Well, I am not seeing the same thing you all are. Maybe it's because my house is in a fringe coverage area so it's constantly trying to connect to 1X for voice. Maybe it's because I let Sensorly use up to 10% per day. Maybe it's because I listen to Spotify a few hours a day. But even with Spotify, most of my listening is music I've downloaded for offline listening. I rarely make a phonecall or send a text. I do some moderate browsing.

Today I've been maybe a little light on the browsing and Spotify, I've had my power saver function on all day, and I am at 71%.

• Like 1

Well, I am not seeing the same thing you all are. Maybe it's because my house is in a fringe coverage area so it's constantly trying to connect to 1X for voice. Maybe it's because I let Sensorly use up to 10% per day. Maybe it's because I listen to Spotify a few hours a day. But even with Spotify, most of my listening is music I've downloaded for offline listening. I rarely make a phonecall or send a text. I do some moderate browsing.

Today I've been maybe a little light on the browsing and Spotify, I've had my power saver function on all day, and I am at 71%.

Weak signal probably does you in more than anything else.

Battery1.png

Battery2.png

damn...still only showing silver @ BB where I got mine. It's growing on me though.

I think the silver is the better looking option but its good that we have a choice.