Sprint losing more pseudo native coverage [Nex-Tech, United Wireless, PTCI]?

Rawvega

Hi Jim...

Welcome to S4GRU.

We are well aware of the changes involving the loss of pseudo native coverage from Nex-Tech, United, and PTCI. In fact, we started a lengthy thread here about a month ago that has extensively discussed the issue. So, in a moment, I will be removing this thread and merging your post into the existing thread.

Now, that said, if you live in Rush County, you should not have remained a Sprint sub, as Rush County is a Nex-Tech market. My guess is that you retained your Sprint number from one of your previous home locations in a native Sprint market. Is that correct?

AJ

AJ, that is correct. I've been a Sprint customer since divestment, in multiple locations. I did not change my services, which included 800 service, long distance service on both coasts at dual residences, and eventually cellular service, when I moved to Kansas. I moved my service address to Kansas when Sprint started working here. That was presumably at the time the Nex-Tech agreement originated.

I still maintain multiple "residences". (Don't look for houses.) I still need phone and data service at all of them, I still am at the residences for periods long enough that tempo hookups don't meet my needs. I use and need the kind of nationwide coverage I have had from Sprint, with "pseudo native" coverage in Rush County.

I am afraid I may have to maintain both Sprint and GoldenBelt/Nex-Tech accounts, for both cellular and data. I am not yet reconciled to that necessity.

Jim, at S4GRU, we do not try to proselytize for Sprint. On the other hand, I hate to recommend VZW and AT&T to anyone because of the terribly anti competitive harms that the duopoly has inflicted upon our nation's wired and wireless broadband.

That said, if you need a national carrier, you might want to consider VZW and/or AT&T. Both were previously absent from western Kansas but have entered the market through acquisitions in the past five years. VZW actually bought out both Alltel and RCC Unicel, then had to divest RCC Unicel's overlap with Alltel in western Kansas, AT&T conveniently stepping up to the plate as the buyer.

AJ

• Like 1