You guys might flame, but I gotta ask

Edge to legacy 3G is like walking vs riding a bike.

I will take a Sprint phone with legacy 3G vs an hspa T-Mobile phone any day. I have dropped more calls and texts over T-Mobile than I have combined on any other carrier. I have a poor Sprint 4G signal right now indoors, but it beats my neighbors T-Mobile LTe connection as he has a circle with a pretty line through it.

Brick buildings are rough, but what's worse is that Tmo has my area LTE complete and Sprint has only 1/3 sites that reach me broadcasting.

-Will

• Like 1

as a current sprint customer, I would recommend against sprint at this point. maybe next year around this time with triband phones, things might be different. go with tmobile now, and change when Sprint turns on more LTE. majority of my time, 3G has been pretty inconsistent and LTE experience is just frustrating. for how much you will pay, Tmobile is a better deal at this point. 

as a current sprint customer, I would recommend against sprint at this point. maybe next year around this time with triband phones, things might be different. go with tmobile now, and change when Sprint turns on more LTE. majority of my time, 3G has been pretty inconsistent and LTE experience is just frustrating. for how much you will pay, Tmobile is a better deal at this point.

Ew, T-Mobile has the worst indoor coverage of any carrier I've seen. I dropped about 3 calls a day on T-Mobile compared to 1 a week on Sprint. Att/vzw both have 750 LTe if you want coverage NOW.

I'd like to see those results on EVDO, lol.

It doesn't hurt that there is a cell tower on the other side of the trees from my backyard in the cow field.

I have all four carriers. Tmo is only good for people who stay exclusively in urban areas. Cross the city limits and welcome to 2G. Also, indoor coverage is atrocious unless you're within half mile of a site. Tmo has no low frequency spectrum...at least Sprint is deploying that now.

I disagree with your assessment that no one should consider Sprint now. Sprint is not excellent everywhere at the moment, but there are thousands of places in this country where they are. And with Triband LTE, LTE coverage is about to double overnight in the largest markets. Sprint service will only improve further every month going forward.

It's not for everyone, and it may not be for you. But it's not for no one, either.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk

• Like 8