Network Vision/LTE - Upper Central Valley Market (Sacramento, Stockton, Redding, Eureka & Reno/Lake Tahoe)

iwalkthrowwalls

Looks like the Kings are staying in Sac town! I also got some other good news today looks like I have a job lined up for radio technician ads soon as a position opens up. Which will hopefully be by the end of May, but really could be any day. Today was a good day. I really hope I will be working on the Sprint towers seeing how it will be fairly close to my house, but it doesn't really matter I will do anything and go anywhere.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 2

Looks like the Kings are staying in Sac town! I also got some other good news today looks like I have a job lined up for radio technician ads soon as a position opens up. Which will hopefully be by the end of May, but really could be any day. Today was a good day. I really hope I will be working on the Sprint towers seeing how it will be fairly close to my house, but it doesn't really matter I will do anything and go anywhere.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

That's awesome! Congrats, Jay! Good luck with your new job. As for the Kings...a recovery of the Sonics wouldn't be bad. But the Laker's are still where it's at!

• Like 1

So I just got home from work and saw my phone had full bars, I get between 1 and 3 more on the 1 to 2 side ussually. And it was staying at that for a while and I was not roaming. I looked at my dbm and it was -74dbm it pretty much hangs around -94 to -102dbm on average. I hope this is a good sign of things to come.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

So I just got home from work and saw my phone had full bars, I get between 1 and 3 more on the 1 to 2 side ussually. And it was staying at that for a while and I was not roaming. I looked at my dbm and it was -74dbm it pretty much hangs around -94 to -102dbm on average. I hope this is a good sign of things to come.

I sure hope so... I'm down in stockton and speeds have been getting progressively worse over the past month. I used to get .5-1.25Mbps down/up but now I'll be lucky to get much higher than .2 Mbps down/up

EDIT:

My signal strength has always been fantastic, full bars almost everywhere..And here at work, I'm on the 4th floor of a 5 story building, so that helps too I think.

I'm getting overly anxious for LTE to hit us

Edited by WeRtechSupport

I sure hope so... I'm down in stockton and speeds have been getting progressively worse over the past month. I used to get .5-1.25Mbps down/up but now I'll be lucky to get much higher than .2 Mbps down/up

EDIT:

My signal strength has always been fantastic, full bars almost everywhere..And here at work, I'm on the 4th floor of a 5 story building, so that helps too I think.

I'm getting overly anxious for LTE to hit us

I know some Verizon stuff is getting worked on down there. My friend was working down there. Not on Sprint though.

I know some Verizon stuff is getting worked on down there. My friend was working down there. Not on Sprint though.

I'm a hair away from jumping ship to Metro or something... but LTE is soooo close :idea: I used to use 1-3GB/mo in cell data alone when I had my e4gt, so dialup speeds are crippling, but I've read on here and heard from friends that travel to the bay a lot that the wait is worth it..speeds out there are fantastic.

Have you heard of any more work in our market at least?

Applications for building permits related to network vision has begun in sacramento, CA. It's begun!!!!!

I think I'll head by shabu japanese fondue or shoki ramen II house in a few weeks... "cough cough"

• Like 2

Applications for building permits related to network vision has begun in sacramento, CA. It's begun!!!!!

I think I'll head by shabu japanese fondue or shoki ramen II house in a few weeks... "cough cough"

How do you find this stuff? haha. Are the timelines mentioned earlier accurate then?

Thanks for the tip, I'll have to come up with an excuse to head to midtown soon :lol:

I've started to notice more and more cell towers as I drive around... I've even gone out of my way several times to get a closer look at them. Pretty interesting tech up there.

Emmm...real ramen... *drool*

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

• Like 2

How do you find this stuff? haha. Are the timelines mentioned earlier accurate then?

Thanks for the tip, I'll have to come up with an excuse to head to midtown soon :lol:

I've started to notice more and more cell towers as I drive around... I've even gone out of my way several times to get a closer look at them. Pretty interesting tech up there.

No timelines other than the excellent repository of knowledge that robert provides and my own combing through city websites for permit information. Some cities post them online (in case of most major cities in CA) while other smaller towns needs to be done in person. Given that LCV is also getting permit applications around this time, i'll venture to say that Samsung is starting both markets right now and will be in full swing by june / july. Just in time for iDen's shut down... :]

Other than that, the standard turnaround from application date to issue date is approx 3 weeks from what I see of T-mobile modernization applications so work should begin around the end of May, give or take 2-3 weeks, if all goes well.

:D

No timelines other than the excellent repository of knowledge that robert provides and my own combing through city websites for permit information. Some cities post them online (in case of most major cities in CA) while other smaller towns needs to be done in person. Given that LCV is also getting permit applications around this time, i'll venture to say that Samsung is starting both markets right now and will be in full swing by june / july. Just in time for iDen's shut down... :]

Other than that, the standard turnaround from application date to issue date is approx 3 weeks from what I see of T-mobile modernization applications so work should begin around the end of May, give or take 2-3 weeks, if all goes well.

:D

aaagghh... I was hoping to have LTE in time for my birthday, but I guess I can settle for a bunch of beers and them maybe starting LTE B)

I'm going to check Lodi/stockton's sites for those permits, and if not I can at least stop by Stockton's since I work downtown.. the place I need to go can't be far from here. Where would I need to go to get them? There's a ton of county building on this block but idk where to start. I'll gladly share any info I find, unless someone's already done some digging

Emmm...real ramen... *drool*

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

I think this is a good enough reason to go. Ramen, sake, and LTE? Sign me up!

aaagghh... I was hoping to have LTE in time for my birthday, but I guess I can settle for a bunch of beers and them maybe starting LTE B)

I'm going to check Lodi/stockton's sites for those permits, and if not I can at least stop by Stockton's since I work downtown.. the place I need to go can't be far from here. Where would I need to go to get them? There's a ton of county building on this block but idk where to start. I'll gladly share any info I find, unless someone's already done some digging

Best bet is to look around City of [insert name] website and then looking at building permits. Usually cities will have an archive of who applied for what and you can find it from there. If they don't then you'll need to find out which department handles building permits and check for their main office location - aka call to confirm.

From what I recall... there was one city which was giving Sprint / Samsung headaches regarding permits but I do not recall if it was stockton.

• Like 1

Best bet is to look around City of [insert name] website and then looking at building permits. Usually cities will have an archive of who applied for what and you can find it from there. If they don't then you'll need to find out which department handles building permits and check for their main office location - aka call to confirm.

From what I recall... there was one city which was giving Sprint / Samsung headaches regarding permits but I do not recall if it was stockton.

My lucky day if it was. haha

Thanks for the tips, I'll cruise around this week and hunt them down.

I wonder.. since samsung is doing the hardware, will their devices have a small edge on others? :P

My lucky day if it was. haha

Thanks for the tips, I'll cruise around this week and hunt them down.

I wonder.. since samsung is doing the hardware, will their devices have a small edge on others? :P

Samsung Telecommunications=/= Samsung electronics

Reception is all about your phones design and the SGS3 is an excellent RF performer.

Reception is all about your phones design and the SGS3 is an excellent RF performer.

so ive noticed..I was shocked when I finally started getting signal in brick/large buildings...that rarely happened with my s2.

Apparently they begun applications a while ago in the UCV (I've only been checking Sacramento permits) as I've now found quite a few permit applications in other cities dating from mid to late march. Most excellent finding this is... most excellent... :evil:

Apparently they begun applications a while ago in the UCV (I've only been checking Sacramento permits) as I've now found quite a few permit applications in other cities dating from mid to late march. Most excellent finding this is... most excellent... :evil:

You might have to rename your Sponsors map Upper Central Valley Building Permits, lol. Congrats on finding more.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

So with Samsung towers being installed, does that mean HTC phones will not get LTE?

That statement is just wrong on so many levels but to sum it up... it does not matter who makes the telecom gear as long as it broadcasts the correct signals that the device you have was designed for. If a device was made for Sprints frequencies than it will search for those frequencies. Radio waves don't discriminate against certain cellular devices... (looks at Gnex & 1x)...

TLDR: NO. 1900mhz A-> G blocks = 1900 mhz A-> G blocks. If that signal is being broadcast ed then your phone will receive it.

• Like 1

So with Samsung towers being installed, does that mean HTC phones will not get LTE?

All that means is the new multi-mode base stations installed by Samsung will support all Sprint phones running on CDMA and LTE frequencies. Samsung the global telecommunications vendor is a separate operation unit from Samsung's mobile division.

http://www.samsung.com/global/business/telecommunication-systems/ourbusiness/business-overview.html

Of particular note is that Samsung is the leading TD-LTE vendor which is important as Sprint integrates spectrum in the 2.5 GHz band for higher capacity and higher speed LTE deployments. Samsung is also a key partner for SoftBank.

• Like 2

Okay. I was only stating that question because of this statement. I figured that, but only wanted clarification.

Samsung Telecommunications=/= Samsung electronics

That statement is just wrong on so many levels but to sum it up... it does not matter who makes the telecom gear as long as it broadcasts the correct signals that the device you have was designed for. If a device was made for Sprints frequencies than it will search for those frequencies. Radio waves don't discriminate against certain cellular devices... (looks at Gnex & 1x)...

TLDR: NO. 1900mhz A-> G blocks = 1900 mhz A-> G blocks. If that signal is being broadcast ed then your phone will receive it.

But thank you for the explanation.