Network Vision/LTE - Upper Central Valley Market (Sacramento, Stockton, Redding, Eureka & Reno/Lake Tahoe)

iwalkthrowwalls

If your talking about the tower right at Watt and Elkhorn that one is not Sprint. I believe Nextel(iDen) is on the Watt/Elkhorn tower though maybe they are taking Nextel equipment down? Sprint's is just down the street West down Elkhorn Blvd from Watt about 2 blocks..maybe you saw that one, but that's pretty far away to see from the Antelope/Watt Intersection.

There's a tower you can see between the trees down in that direction. It might not be sprint but it wouldn't hurt to check it out. Ill go see it on Sunday/monday to see if there's anything going on.

SLC Contracting has a couple of 4G Accepted Towers in Roseville and I see that they have 1 tower out there in West Sac with an issued permit....also I see Triton has 1 4G Accepted Tower in Roseville and they have 1 tower out in West Sac with a permit issued as well.....hmmmm

Ya the one at Elkhorn and Watt by Walgreens isn't Sprint. There is a Sprint tower off Elkhorn and by 30th or something. I don't remember the exact street but actually it's more like 28th you can see it from Elkhorn. I will check it out on the way home if I can. I don't really know how late I will be because it's my first day.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

Someone run over to R & 15th and do prl update & airplane mode toggle then run sensorly. 

If it's not there then it's coming from west sacramento. 

I'll do that after my meeting this afternoon. That's by where my husband works and where I catch the train every morning. I'll cycle my PRL and see if I find anything at 16th and Capitol.

Nothing at East End near the Capitol Building. I'll be heading over to CalEPA on 10th and I Street later today, then over by CalTrans on the south side of the capitol after that. I'll see if I pick anything up and do a Sensorly trip between each place to see what I can find.

Nothing at East End near the Capitol Building. I'll be heading over to CalEPA on 10th and I Street later today, then over by CalTrans on the south side of the capitol after that. I'll see if I pick anything up and do a Sensorly trip between each place to see what I can find.

The Caltrans building by the Capitol is where we saw the 4G this morning.

Edited by jwigley

The Caltrans building by the Capitol is where we saw the 4G this morning.

I'll be over there when I start heading home for the day. I'm convinced my HTC EVO LTE has a hard time getting signals to stick. Upgrade on Wednesday.....  I'll map sensorly through the park.

I think I actually see Sprint Network Vision Antennas + RRUs on the bottom rack! 

Notice how one antenna has wires going out of the bottom and is larger than the other along with two box like figures behind it?

Great find! Will require a closer picture!

Edit: Definitely Sprint Samsung Network Vision Antenna & RRUs on that tower in Davis!

Alrite! Hopefully in August some improvements will be made. I'll forgive Sprint for almost killing me this one time, I'll see if I can go back and have the DWR be a little more friendly this time around..this is Sprint's last straw! Let's hope it doesn't fail us :P 

• Like 1

Thought so. So it is coming from a site out in West Sac. I wonder which one... hmm...

By the way, you were right by a Sprint cell site that has a permit ready to be issued and just waiting for a contractor crew to pick it up. 

Nice, I work out in West Sac.. I'll have to do some digging around when I go into work~

I picked up 4G today for the first time. 

It was on 80 headed west toward Davis, that elevated highway/bridge section (Yolo Causeway) when driving over that flood section.

I noticed someone mapped some 4G there on Sensorly, so my friend was watching for 4G as we were driving through the same area. Luckily there was some traffic so we had time to do 3 speed tests. The 4G ended before passing the Chiles Rd exit.

Speed tests were 2.8mb, 4.1mb, 2.2mb download. Not impressive speeds but I was delighted just to see it for the first time. Compared to what I normally get in Elk Grove (0.2-0.6mb) it was exhilarating. I honestly didn't think that my phone would have picked up the signal at all.

That's what I need to keep reminding myself. The initial speeds when towers start broadcasting won't knock my socks off, but they will be better than what I have currently and will continue to improve.

I don't know why you can pick up 4G on just that 1 mile strip but it must have been picking up from vacaville or fairfield. It was a lousy speed but honestly my Galaxy works just fine with anything over a 1-2mb. Sometimes I feel like a slower 3G data connection responds much quicker than when I'm on a faster wifi data connection.

The Galaxy S3 is such a fast phone, but with Sprint's 3G data I feel like I'm driving a high performance sports car on a flat tire. Getting slow 4G speeds would be like throwing a spare tire on the car. It's not optimal but at least I would be getting around comfortably.

I don't know why you can pick up 4G on just that 1 mile strip but it must have been picking up from vacaville or fairfield. It was a lousy speed but honestly my Galaxy works just fine with anything over a 1-2mb. Sometimes I feel like a slower 3G data connection responds much quicker than when I'm on a faster wifi data connection.

The Galaxy S3 is such a fast phone, but with Sprint's 3G data I feel like I'm driving a high performance sports car on a flat tire. Getting slow 4G speeds would be like throwing a spare tire on the car. It's not optimal but at least I would be getting around comfortably.

Because the tower that is live is over 4 miles away and across the river from the Pocket / Greenhaven area? It's got a hell of a long range to reach out over there considering the fact it's radius is meant to be more of a mile to two miles. 

Edit: Its exact location is marked on my permit / progress map as Robert hasn't updated the NV Sites Complete map yet. I'm expecting another tower in West Sac to go live very soon. 

My airave hasn't been working so I have using wifi at home and morning I saw more bars on 3 g than usual so I did some speed tests. It's very good, never had these speeds. Don't know if it's because it's so early in the morning. Here's some screenshots

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

post-49-13750148529592_thumb.jpg

post-49-13750148804297_thumb.jpg

It's most likely the fact that its so early in the morning. I typically get the same results really late at night and early in the morning.

My airave hasn't been working so I have using wifi at home and morning I saw more bars on 3 g than usual so I did some speed tests. It's very good, never had these speeds. Don't know if it's because it's so early in the morning. Here's some screenshots

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Because the tower that is live is over 4 miles away and across the river from the Pocket / Greenhaven area? It's got a hell of a long range to reach out over there considering the fact it's radius is meant to be more of a mile to two miles. 

Edit: Its exact location is marked on my permit / progress map as Robert hasn't updated the NV Sites Complete map yet. I'm expecting another tower in West Sac to go live very soon. 

Wow that is pretty far. I can see how that would be, now that I look at the map. I did a speed test at the same spot today and it came up as 5.09 mb download.

A lot of new 4G has been mapped on Sensorly, I can't wait to see something in Elk Grove.

Currently, does Sprint have any phones that support their new LTE TDD network?

I read that avg download speeds are 30 mbps and it can be as fast as 95 mbps. Also that it's already released in SF and LA and 6 other major cities across the USA like NYC, Seattle, Miami, Chicago, Tampa, and Denver.

Really looking forward for this.

Currently, does Sprint have any phones that support their new LTE TDD network?

That's correct. Sprint does not have any phones, but they do have several Tri-Band hotspots available. Phones with Tri-Band capabilities will be available withing a couple months. The first one, an LG phone, has already passed through FCC approval.

I read that avg download speeds are 30 mbps and it can be as fast as 95 mbps. Also that it's already released in SF and LA and 6 other major cities across the USA like NYC, Seattle, Miami, Chicago, Tampa, and Denver.

Really looking forward for this.

Theoretical speeds can approach 100Mbps, but until the proper backhaul is in place, and Clear is able to deploy on enough spectrum, that will remain theoretical. Robert has already tested out the network in Denver. 

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4083-sprint-td-lte-25002600mhz-discussion/?p=173062

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4083-sprint-td-lte-25002600mhz-discussion/page-14?p=173307&do=findComment&comment=173307

That's correct. Sprint does not have any phones, but they do have several Tri-Band hotspots available. Phones with Tri-Band capabilities will be available withing a couple months. The first one, an LG phone, has already passed through FCC approval.

Theoretical speeds can approach 100Mbps, but until the proper backhaul is in place, and Clear is able to deploy on enough spectrum, that will remain theoretical. Robert has already tested out the network in Denver.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4083-sprint-td-lte-25002600mhz-discussion/?p=173062

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4083-sprint-td-lte-25002600mhz-discussion/page-14?p=173307&do=findComment&comment=173307

Aaahhhhhh true 4g. Well after hearing Leo Laporte talk about the Moto X today on the Tech Guy Show I think it might be my next phone.

Brought to you in part by Sprint Galaxy S4