Network Vision/LTE - Minnesota Market

CuriousTim

What I see on sensorly is LTE levels that you would only connect to if your device is in LTE only mode. Theoretically, the sites should be close enough together. But based on reports from actual users running that route (more than are posting here right now) they do not sufficiently cover that route. There is a site that is not LTE yet, and there are a couple of actual gaps on Sensorly. Those gaps, depending on the device, can result in large drops of LTE. I don't really care about this stretch of highway... just telling you what I have heard and what I see.

is that site with no LTE a GMO or a full compatible for B26 and 41?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

is that site with no LTE a GMO or a full compatible for B26 and 41?

It may have been a GMO since it never got 1x800 while we were getting updates. It may have been updated to full NV since, but I could not tell you without seeing the actual tower. 

• 4 months later...

Sprint must have heavily fired up B25 CA in the Twin cities. I've been connected to it on every tower I've connected today. 13fbc05da201dc3d294ed1706e108922.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 12/20/2017 at 7:36 PM, Tengen31 said:

Sprint must have heavily fired up B25 CA in the Twin cities. I've been connected to it on every tower I've connected today. 13fbc05da201dc3d294ed1706e108922.jpg

Awesome to see! I’ll bet it’s due to gearing up for the Super Bowl!

Awesome to see! I’ll bet it’s due to gearing up for the Super Bowl!
Yeah just wish could put the last 5x5 onto LTE so that 8109 could become 10x10. Tho B41 is the better Deal.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

North Branch. Almost faster than my midco cable internet speeds. My new pixel 2 xl gets much better speeds than my old Nexus 6 even when not on band 41. I work in Golden valley and usually get in the 80s.

Screenshot_20180420-205133.png

• Like 2

Anyone know when Sprint is going to density the spots of the Minnesota Market where the network still drops to 3G? Being on 3G while everyone else is on LTE is getting old fast.

• 3 months later...
Curious to see your upload speeds with that low signal 
That signal is was 1 Mbps. When I when some place with a better signal I got this1af12cd4aa6383021e2de08d7ab6c27e.jpg

• Like 3

Signal from SCC is pretty low and noisey. Need to add more site density to enhance that. Magic box would greatly help in this situation, assuming this is indoors.
Yeah it was in doors. The faster test was outside. The thing is the building I'm at Sprints tower is right on this building.

3 minutes ago, Tengen31 said:

Yeah it was in doors. The faster test was outside. The thing is the building I'm at Sprints tower is right on this building.

Get an MB! Your speeds would be two to three times faster on B41..

Get an MB! Your speeds would be two to three times faster on B41..
I used prepaid so that might be hard for me to get.

34 minutes ago, Tengen31 said:

I used prepaid so that might be hard for me to get.

Ah ok, just give it a try, and see. I don't know the rules for pre-paid. Another option would be to ask someone who you might know on Sprint to order one for you since it doesn't cost anything.

• Like 1

I'll keep looking around the Twin Cities on my phone. What am I looking for to tell if it's upload CA?
That the scc is filled in under UL

Signal from SCC is pretty low and noisey. Need to add more site density to enhance that. Magic box would greatly help in this situation, assuming this is indoors.
Yeah the SNR is pretty bad on the second carrier. I've found that rsrp and SNR are always lower for the non PCC. Usually 5-10 dbm lower. I think because the radio is tuned to the PCC rather than somewhere in the middle, so the SCCs are a bit out of tune (vs having everything slightly out of tune, albeit less so). That might be something that can be improved with modem firmware updates, but is to be expected since you'd want the PCC to have the best signal and allow the SCCs to drop.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk