Network Vision/LTE - Minnesota Market

CuriousTim

Took a round trip from Hugo to Zimmerman today, and made some stops along the way (Chisago City, Elk River, Maple Grove). Didn't find much in the way of unmapped 4G along the way, so I drove around Hugo for a bit, expanding the purple as much as possible.

Had a hard time finding a adding much purple to Apple Valley, found a little signal around the Zoo, Honestly I didnt really find much rhyme or reason to where I was finding the signal. I didn't really attempt to figure out where exactly the tower was im sure I could found a way, but I didnt.

Had a hard time finding a adding much purple to Apple Valley, found a little signal around the Zoo, Honestly I didnt really find much rhyme or reason to where I was finding the signal. I didn't really attempt to figure out where exactly the tower was im sure I could found a way, but I didnt.

I'm not with Sprint anymore from my previous post. But i have been reading this thread to see about any updates. Driving around the metro and Apple Valley the passed few days I've noticed various cell towers and panels on the side of buildings and even water towers.

I believe the signal you are getting around the Zoo is from the "Apple Valley" water tower south of Co Rd 38 at Foliage Ave. Looking at the map there is "Nordic park and it is right around there. At the top there are panels... Not sure if these are sprint?

Some other places around apple Valley I've seen these panels are on the top of the Wings financial credit union. And another" Apple Valley "water tower north of 160th west of Cedar Ave going up the hill towards Burnsville.

Again, I'm not with Sprint anymore. Just interested in seeing progress. Also interested in these panels on the sides of various buildings and water towers. Actually I noticed the ones on the top of wings the other day. Something I haven't seen before. So naturally I've been noticing more. Like some brown colored ones on the side of a brown building off 35w in Bloomington.

• Like 1

I've had 5 bars at my office in West St. Paul (Robert St) for 3.5 years. Now I've been at 3 bars for about a week. Battery getting worked a little more then usually. I have a tower or two is getting some work.

I believe they're angled pretty high to cover the towers themselves, and not the ground floor people. I get 1-2 bars LTE signal on 1st and Hennepin on the 5th floor of my parking ramp, ground floor nothing. On the first day I got 0-1 bars on the ground lot with LoS, but have never gotten it since.

Edited by ott3r

That would not surprise me that they would angle them up. The service in the upper parts of the towers used to be really bad before they started working on their upgrades.

I have some pictures somewhere that show them laying antennas on their sides and pointing them at the tops of the cluster of tall towers

Cell service is greatly reduced above the 15-18th floor 150-180' mark

I'm not with Sprint anymore from my previous post. But i have been reading this thread to see about any updates. Driving around the metro and Apple Valley the passed few days I've noticed various cell towers and panels on the side of buildings and even water towers.

I believe the signal you are getting around the Zoo is from the "Apple Valley" water tower south of Co Rd 38 at Foliage Ave. Looking at the map there is "Nordic park and it is right around there. At the top there are panels... Not sure if these are sprint?

Some other places around apple Valley I've seen these panels are on the top of the Wings financial credit union. And another" Apple Valley "water tower north of 160th west of Cedar Ave going up the hill towards Burnsville.

Again, I'm not with Sprint anymore. Just interested in seeing progress. Also interested in these panels on the sides of various buildings and water towers. Actually I noticed the ones on the top of wings the other day. Something I haven't seen before. So naturally I've been noticing more. Like some brown colored ones on the side of a brown building off 35w in Bloomington.

I drive the areas often, I live in southern Lakeville, now that theres towers in the area turning on im constatly check areas, Apple Valley is really weird though, I'm fairly sure the 4G I picked up nearer the zoo was from the water tower as you think, but I can figure out where the signal is comming from near Eastview hs, I'd say its from the big tower near the HS, but i dont any 4G signal, parked next to it on the west. Its like it's only barely on, and only directionally to the east.

Ugh this forum doesnt play nice with my Internet browser or swift key keyboard. . . I read the posys often, but it's such a PITA to post from my phone and rarely do I use a real computer anymore, so sorry for the broken wording and grammar, ill try and post from my laptop more. . .

This might not be news to anyone..but I was down in Rochester this week and got some good LTE signals around the US 52/41st Ave NW areas. I have an Evo 4G LTE so most times I've gone thru an area with some LTE coverage (Burnsville, Rockford IL, Owatonna) my phone's picked up the 4G and then reverts back to 3G when there's an even slight drop in reception. I held the 4G signal driving all thru this area and even inside the Applebee's on the frontage road. area of good signal wasn't very big (didn't make it to my mom's house nearthe Hy-Vee on 37th street), but where I could puck it up my phone seemed willing to stick wih it. Speeds were in the 4000-8000 range.

Also got some solid reception in the Hugo area...my phone hung on to the 4G signal tbru several miles of residential streets and main roads witb speeds between 8000 and 10000. Think I may have even contributed some new Sensorly blips.

I was very excited to try out my phone in some areas with a strong enough signal for my phone to lock on and stay on 4g for a while. Looking forward to some LTE love coming my way in Duluth!!

This might not be news to anyone..but I was down in Rochester this week and got some good LTE signals around the US 52/41st Ave NW areas. I have an Evo 4G LTE so most times I've gone thru an area with some LTE coverage (Burnsville, Rockford IL, Owatonna) my phone's picked up the 4G and then reverts back to 3G when there's an even slight drop in reception. I held the 4G signal driving all thru this area and even inside the Applebee's on the frontage road. area of good signal wasn't very big (didn't make it to my mom's house nearthe Hy-Vee on 37th street), but where I could puck it up my phone seemed willing to stick wih it. Speeds were in the 4000-8000 range.

Also got some solid reception in the Hugo area...my phone hung on to the 4G signal tbru several miles of residential streets and main roads witb speeds between 8000 and 10000. Think I may have even contributed some new Sensorly blips.

I was very excited to try out my phone in some areas with a strong enough signal for my phone to lock on and stay on 4g for a while. Looking forward to some LTE love coming my way in Duluth!!

Ya I've been trying to contribute to sensorly the best I can here in Rochester. What sucks now is I can't get any connection to LTE where it has been previously mapped. Kinda over by Costco's. And they are leaving the SE side of Rochester in the cold right now for upgrades. Hopefully with warmer weather things will speed up.

And Sprint keep going along west of Kasson on highway 14 with 4g. Pass that point I'm lucky if I can catch 1g.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

I was in Mankato visiting my Daughter, and the coverage was pretty good. I was at Best Buy and got 33Mbps in the parking lot. If I had to guess, it's the site by Mankato Ford that must have went live. The one by Jaycee's park has been live for a while now.

• Like 1

I can pickup a hint of 4G by Waseca with my EVO, but that signal is coming from the site in Owatonna by Fleet Farm. That has to be about 8 miles. I was kind of impressed that the phone picks it up. On the meridan exit I can get 6Mbps, and that distance is around 5 miles from the site.

If that is a wide open space signals can travel rather far - that's why we're also seeing sensorly mapping out onto the ice of Lake Minnetonka from towers north of Chanhassen. Nothing to impede the signal.

I also see LTE signal at 494 and 34th that is slop coming from St. Paul which is impressive as well.

With all the new towers in La Crosse, has anyone tried doing sensorly on I-90 to Winona? Just curious if they were getting close or if I should try mapping it out myself?

Nope. None yet. I go to and from La Crosse/Onalaska and Winona on weekends. The furthest up I90 I get 4G is on the Minnesota side of the Interstate Bridge.

La Crosse (yes part of this market) will be launched soon. It has been added to Sprint's official coverage maps.

Is there any evidence for 4G work going on currently in Winona, MN? My reception has been awful for the past two days and I want to make sure it's the network and not the radios in my phone.

Is there any evidence for 4G work going on currently in Winona, MN? My reception has been awful for the past two days and I want to make sure it's the network and not the radios in my phone.

Work is on-going in the area. I don't know about your specific towers, but the whole Minnesota market is under construction right now, which included Winona.