Network Vision/LTE - Minnesota Market

CuriousTim

I mapped LTE near Regions hospital and near Hwy 280 and Larpenteur.

In addition, today at 4:30 workers were on the tower southwest of Jackson and Arlington. Unfortunately, I couldn't get too close due to the tower being within a gated mini storage yard, and the security getting mad that I was taking pictures.

Pictures posted in the sponsor section of the forum.

Confirmed 4g this morning again off the bank cell at 494 and 169. Held on to it this morning from Flying Cloud Drive until 169. When I was on 5235, which appears to be the west pointing antennas, I had 4g. As soon as I was handed to 5234, pointing east off the bank, I dropped back to 3g.

I mapped with Sensorly as well. Nice to see an update that starts me in MN now instead of New York.

• Like 1

I mapped LTE near Regions hospital and near Hwy 280 and Larpenteur.

In addition, today at 4:30 workers were on the tower southwest of Jackson and Arlington. Unfortunately, I couldn't get too close due to the tower being within a gated mini storage yard, and the security getting mad that I was taking pictures.

Pictures posted in the sponsor section of the forum.

I sat under the tower at 280 & Larp on Saturday afternoon for about 10 minutes, didn't get any LTE at that time.

I have not been able to detect a LTE reading once with my LG Optimus G. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong when running Sensorly, but all I am able to see are 2G/3G points. I've even attempted running the LTE Discovery app that cycles Airplane mode in an attempt to force the radio to receive the LTE signal. Does anyone have any ideas on what else I can try?

Edited by wosiek

I have not been able to detect a LTE reading once with my LG Optimus G. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong when running Sensorly, but all I am able to see are 2G/3G points. I've even attempted running the LTE Discovery app that cycles Airplane mode in an attempt to force the radio to receive the LTE signal. Does anyone have any ideas on what else I can try?

I have a rooted HTC Evo and when LTE had started poping up in my area I'd try and got the same results as you but I just kept trying and finally it would connect.

Now I can go to the areas in town and get on pretty quick or just use LTE Discovery. Then I use sensorly to map it.

Keep trying, remember as far as I know LTE isn't "official" in MN. Cuz like tonight when I was out driving around it wouldn't connect. Yet 6 hours earlier in the day it had.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

• Like 1

I have a rooted HTC Evo and when LTE had started poping up in my area I'd try and got the same results as you but I just kept trying and finally it would connect.

Now I can go to the areas in town and get on pretty quick or just use LTE Discovery. Then I use sensorly to map it.

Keep trying, remember as far as I know LTE isn't "official" in MN. Cuz like tonight when I was out driving around it wouldn't connect. Yet 6 hours earlier in the day it had.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

I had the same experience last night that I couldn't get any LTE signals.

I suspect some of these towers are going through sporadic testing. For example, the Eden Prairie/Chanhassen towers I was able to get into for the first week or so of operation then suddenly not.

But I've always been able to connect to the 394/100 towers in St. Louis Park.

The Bloomington 494 strip towers near 34th avenue shows gradually spreading sensorly contacts but I've never been able to connect.

Until this stuff goes "officially live" it's going to be agony and ecstasy I guess. That's the nature of a big technology rollout in the coldest part of the country during the coldest time of the year.

Is it me or is sprint doen working for the winter because there hasn't been any new towers up lately

If you want to know the new towers Sprint installs each week on an interactive map, you have the option of becoming a Sponsor of this site.

http://s4gru.com/ind...come-a-sponsor/

That being said, Sprint has had a couple slow weeks in Minnesota, but has tower upgrades that are currently in progress throughout the Minnesota market, including La Crosse and on 94 as far south as Tomah in Wisconsin, as evidenced by Sensorly. I believe Sprint is just starting to ramp up in Minnesota and more site should be completed with a faster pace as the weather warms up.

Also, tomorrow is Thursday, so maybe we'll get lucky again with some new LTE! Thursday has definitely been the day when most of the towers so far have started broadcasting LTE in MN, maybe this will continue?!? Who knows?

Remember the last week was mostly below zero so work did slow for sure but it will pick up again as the weather becomes less frigid. We'll see today. If you look at Sensorly's maps there's a new indication of LTE coming out of Northfield (well, south of the south end of it) to the north almost all the way to Famington (264th Street West).