Network Vision/LTE - Minnesota Market

CuriousTim

Yes it does, just missing 4x4mimo on B41.

I was told it has 4x2 mimo. Which means something good for download. No upload CA on my home site as of yet.6e815c0da7af6f671e1564627fc55271.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• 7 months later...

North Branch at the intersection of 95 and 61. Not my pic. Got it off of Facebook. It's a Sprint only site. I am no longer with Sprint, had to switch to T-Mobile unfortunately so I can't do any testing.

FB_IMG_1553115283192.jpg

• Like 2

North Branch at the intersection of 95 and 61. Not my pic. Got it off of Facebook. It's a Sprint only site. I am no longer with Sprint, had to switch to T-Mobile unfortunately so I can't do any testing.
FB_IMG_1553115283192.thumb.jpg.74c04fe1fe177c212b4e78ac6222b69b.jpg
B41 upgrade let's hope [emoji4].

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, Tengen31 said:

B41 upgrade let's hope emoji4.png.

It already had band 41 on it though. Before I switched, I used to get around 85 down and like 10 up from that site using a pixel 2xl.

It already had band 41 on it though. Before I switched, I used to get around 85 down and like 10 up from that site using a pixel 2xl.
Massive mino maybe. I've wondered where the cut off is on the Minnesota for where Sprint has enough spectrum for 10x10 while still having 5x5 left for CDMA. Twin unfortunately doesn't up north does,I just don't know where the cut off is.

I went and took some closer up pictures, but they are to big to attach. I'll convert them later and post them.
Upload to a photo hosting site like imgur and paste the links here.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

That is not. Massive MIMO units are very definitive.
Then I have to clue. The other Tim will know tho

Doesn't look like Sprint to me.  Looks like ATT
Looks like octoport antennas. Not sure about the radios though. 
Tim would likely also know that info.

Here is the album. Not awesome quality since I only had my cell.

http://imgur.com/a/kfrf5Rr

Nice pictures. Looks like someone's colocating a new Nokia / ALU build to the site. Based on the antenna and radio configuration I'm guessing Verizon is the likely culprit.

Nice pictures. Looks like someone's colocating a new Nokia / ALU build to the site. Based on the antenna and radio configuration I'm guessing Verizon is the likely culprit.  

Got ya. Does Sprint have up go thru that much work to add massive Mimo to their sites?

56 minutes ago, Tengen31 said:

That's got to be Massive mimo

No. Massive MIMO panels are significantly smaller than those and do not have separate radios. That looks like Verizon equipment. 

No. Massive MIMO panels are significantly smaller than those and do not have separate radios. That looks like Verizon equipment. 
Yeah I got that as soon as as he said it wasn't Samsung. Minnesota is a Samsung Market. [emoji4]

1 hour ago, Tengen31 said:

Got ya. Does Sprint have up go thru that much work to add massive Mimo to their sites?

No. It's a R&R where they come in and remove the old 2.5 and install the new 2.5 equipment. They reuse the same hybrid fiber power cables or pull a new one if needed. 

There's some base station software configuration that they or someone must do as well. 

• Like 1

Verizon is Ericsson in MN. Only carrier that’s ALU/Nokia is AT&T. T-Mobile is Nokia only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Has Sprint done any triband upgrades to add B41 too Duluth yet? I'm going there next month and Sprint was terrible there in the past.