Network Vision/LTE - Minnesota Market

CuriousTim

I got this text today "SprintFreeMsg: Over the next month the network will be largely completed in your area making it better than ever! http://sprint.us/network1"

Just a reminder they're still working on the network.

Sprint users in Arizona, Kansas, Nebraska, Iowa and New York City also got that text. 

I am begining to think Sprint forgot to throw the switch on the 94th and Penn ave tower. lol.   It's been almost 2 months since the tower has been upgraded and still no LTE.   It seems like most of the surrounding towers are already live with LTE....  wonder why they're waiting on this one?

Try it again!  

Just a reminder they're still working on the network.

Sprint users in Arizona, Kansas, Nebraska, Iowa and New York City also got that text. 

I finally received LTE at home!  I received the text that they're working on the network in my area on October 18th, 2013.  I'm glad I finally have LTE.....I can now do a lot more without waiting forever (using 3G was way too slow)!

By the way, when www.network.sprint.com updated my tower for "data upgrade" on January 20, it took 7 days for the tower to actually turn LTE on.  I kept trying daily (power cycled my phone, updated my Profile and PRL) and at 12:05PM the LTE kicked into my iPhone 5 and Mifi 500.  It may take a week for the tower to actually enable the LTE so give it time even though Sprint said they put LTE in your tower.

Edited by harleyy2

Try it again!  

You weren't the only one to notice.  My buddy works on the frontage road on the west side of 35W, on the north side of 94th across from the Green Mill/Holiday Inn and is presumably served by the tower on 94th and Penn.  He said just a few days ago that he received LTE on his G2 for the first time at the office just a few days ago!

• Like 1

You weren't the only one to notice.  My buddy works on the frontage road on the west side of 35W, on the north side of 94th across from the Green Mill/Holiday Inn and is presumably served by the tower on 94th and Penn.  He said just a few days ago that he received LTE on his G2 for the first time at the office just a few days ago!

Yep.  Cabinets and all have been there since late July/Early August but all the other stuff like fiber backhaul took a while and once everything was going they realized they needed to have the circuit switched fallback issue addressed before bringing LTE live.  No problem though.  Seems real nice so far.

Posted Image

Flashed the stock rooted ZVA LG G2 update from XDA today. I was super surprised that I could connect and stay connected to LTE (G2 is only supposed to only have 3G in Minneapolis according to coverage.sprint.com) and was still able to send/receive text messages at the Republic Bar in Seven Corners. Must have an upgraded tower near there. So happy to finally see data speeds that don't suck! (even if it seems to only be in that area for now)

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Flashed the stock rooted ZVA LG G2 update from XDA today. I was super surprised that I could connect and stay connected to LTE (G2 is only supposed to only have 3G in Minneapolis according to coverage.sprint.com) and was still able to send/receive text messages at the Republic Bar in Seven Corners. Must have an upgraded tower near there. So happy to finally see data speeds that don't suck! (even if it seems to only be in that area for now)

Your connecting to band 41 (spark)
  • Like 2

Any idea why I would experience what I stated a few posts ago?

Assuming your on a Nexus 5 you might be dealing with the eCSFB issue, read here

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-357-nexus-5-and-lg-g2-experience-temporary-sprint-lte-connectivity-issues-due-to-circuit-switched-fallback-technology/

While this was an alarming issue when first discovered, we realized that it was generally a quick fix and not a huge deal at all. If it is the switching issue your having, it should be fixed very soon.

Assuming your on a Nexus 5 you might be dealing with the eCSFB issue, read here

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-357-nexus-5-and-lg-g2-experience-temporary-sprint-lte-connectivity-issues-due-to-circuit-switched-fallback-technology/

While this was an alarming issue when first discovered, we realized that it was generally a quick fix and not a huge deal at all. If it is the switching issue your having, it should be fixed very soon.

If it is a quick fix on their part (which I'm hopeful for) then it is no big deal, however the track record does not bode to well. Fingers crossed. 

If it is a quick fix on their part (which I'm hopeful for) then it is no big deal, however the track record does not bode to well. Fingers crossed.

The linked article describes the problem and fix very well.

CSFB is active on 95%+ of Ericsson and Alcatel Lucent sites. And about 80% of Samsung. Samsung should be near 100% in 30-45 days. The biggest remaining areas for Samsung is Ohio, the Seattle area, Denver and California's Central Valley.

The other areas for Samsung are complete or wrapping up. The ERI and ALU reaming sites are isolated little pockets all over. Where either there are remaining legacy sites that are not from the same OEM, or there is a CSFB integration problem at the MSC.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

CSFB is active on 95%+ of Ericsson and Alcatel Lucent sites. And about 80% of Samsung. Samsung should be near 100% in 30-45 days. The biggest remaining areas for Samsung is Ohio, the Seattle area, Denver and California's Central Valley.

The other areas for Samsung are complete or wrapping up. The ERI and ALU reaming sites are isolated little pockets all over. Where either there are remaining legacy sites that are not from the same OEM, or there is a CSFB integration problem at the MSC.

For what it's worth, La Crosse, WI LTE is working on my Nexus 5. CSFB must be active there.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

how do you know/how can I find out which band I'm connected to?

You can find that information on your phone's engineering screen. Even easier, I would recommend you get the SignalCheck Pro app.

• Like 1

Thanks Robert!

Here is a map of vendors based on location.

2drba76.jpg

You can find that information on your phone's engineering screen. Even easier, I would recommend you get the SignalCheck Pro app.

is Signal Check Lite ok or is the Pro version necessary?

is Signal Check Lite ok or is the Pro version necessary?

Pro is just a lot better. They both work great.

• Like 2

Pro is just a lot better. They both work great.

and what are the signifiers of each band? I travel a lot between Mpls and St Paul and I want to start seeing which ones I'm picking up on my commute.

sorry for all the noob questions, and thanks for all of your help guys!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

and what are the signifiers of each band? I travel a lot between Mpls and St Paul and I want to start seeing which ones I'm picking up on my commute.

sorry for all the noob questions, and thanks for all of your help guys!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1704-frequently-asked-questions/

• Like 1