PRL 25013/51095 Changes

MacinJosh

I just activated my new galaxy victory on Ting, and it picked up PRL 24013. From digiblur's "Every Sprint PRL" post on xda, 24xxx is a "business acct" PRL. Would this be the normal Sprint 24013 PRL, or would they have a modified version?

I'm on PRL 51095 here in Austin TX on my iphone5... but my phone switches between that and 31100 occasionally. My phone does not have a TX area code though. How does Sprint assign PRLs to subscribers? Is it phone number based, current geography based, or what?

I'm on PRL 51095 here in Austin TX on my iphone5... but my phone switches between that and 31100 occasionally. My phone does not have a TX area code though. How does Sprint assign PRLs to subscribers? Is it phone number based, current geography based, or what?

By account type and device type. PRLs are national since people travel with their phones around the world.

I thought the iPhone 5 didn't use the 800 frequency. Or am I thinking about something else?

Confused.. Did you even read the thread?

Where can I view the channel? I look under status under settings and didn't see anything.

Also, Im relatively new to CDMA, are PRLs pushed automatically to everyone or is it a manually updated thing?

Both manual and automatic. Go into your debug screen under the 1x data.

Sent from my little Note2

Confused.. Did you even read the thread?

I did and that's why I'm confused. I thought that the Network Vision update had some component when completed (the green sites) that the iPhone 5 couldn't support.

Tried to update my prl 4 times but it's still on 55013. Anyone have the prl file so I can do it manually?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

That's what you should be on for that device.

Oh. I thought there was a new prl update after reading this thread. My mistake. Sorry about that!

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

That is the new one. 55xxx is on the Note2 since it has international capabilities. Pretty close to 25xxx now.

Where can I view the channel? I look under status under settings and didn't see anything.

Also, Im relatively new to CDMA, are PRLs pushed automatically to everyone or is it a manually updated thing?

Enter "##debug#" in your phone dialer. Then enter "777468" for the lock code. The check out the 1x Engineering RF screen

I did and that's why I'm confused. I thought that the Network Vision update had some component when completed (the green sites) that the iPhone 5 couldn't support.

The only thing the iPhone doesn't support is SVDO & SVLTE. Otherwise it supports CDMA/EVDO 800 & 1900, & LTE 1900, plus CDMA/EVDO on 850, and is a world roaming capable phone.

• Like 1

The only thing the iPhone doesn't support is SVDO & SVLTE. Otherwise it supports CDMA/EVDO 800 & 1900, & LTE 1900, plus CDMA/EVDO on 850, and is a world roaming capable phone.

I believe it's 800 SMR support was only certified with the FCC for CDMA 1X, not LTE. As far as I understand its radio, there is no hardware limitation for this as it can transmit/receive any of the supported technologies on any of the supported bands, but it would require a software update to enable.

So YMMV, but after iDEN shuts down next year we may see Apple enable LTE on SMR or they may not. No one knows, but there's a much higher chance than most manufacturers given Apple's track record of updating older devices.

I believe it's 800 SMR support was only certified with the FCC for CDMA 1X, not LTE. As far as I understand its radio, there is no hardware limitation for this as it can transmit/receive any of the supported technologies on any of the supported bands, but it would require a software update to enable.

So YMMV, but after iDEN shuts down next year we may see Apple enable LTE on SMR or they may not. No one knows, but there's a much higher chance than most manufacturers given Apple's track record of updating older devices.

I would rather that Apple make the iPhone 5S compatible with 800 LTE and SVLTE capable. Granted, I'm not missing the feature, but it would be nice to have.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

When did this change? I keep hearing from people and material that June 30th 2013 is the date.

"On or around", yes. Nothing about that has changed, save for charging Nextel customers more (which, if I remember correctly, they're gonna be up to $20 extra per line some time next month).

I was traveling down I75 yesterday and my phone had just taken the 25013 update. As I was going through Cleveland TN around the 25th street exit I noticed I was roaming for a few moments and had 4G dispayed while I was roaming. I opened not roam control to see what network I was on and it said Verizon. Also for the first time I saw the roaming triangle notification turn to a very small R. Has anyone else picked up Verizon 4G while roaming or noticed the letter R indtead of the triangle on a Samsung Galaxy S3?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Has anyone else picked up Verizon 4G while roaming or noticed the letter R indtead of the triangle on a Samsung Galaxy S3?

Your Sprint variant Galaxy S3 is incompatible with VZW LTE. So, you experienced Sprint LTE while roaming on VZW CDMA1X. This is nothing new -- it happens occasionally.

AJ